SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 18/11/2018, 11:35 PM   #1
OrMisicL
Big Clucker

Default Why F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned ?

I was shocked today to find out that the F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned from the forum (thread, plugin and even the term itself is now blocked), taking away with it years of research, work and contributions by myself, ***** and other contributors, rendering includes, filterscripts and even gamemodes that are entirely dependent on this plugin obsolete.

Upon further digging, i figured out that *****, the person currently in charge of updating the plugin is somehow linked to another third-party SA multiplayer modification that is supposedly using the samp's leaked source code, and although i might understand the actions taken against the member himself, i cannot comprehend why the plugin was completely removed and banned, simply removing the member's posts would have at least only taken away his contributions, not the entire plugin.

I am really sad that it had to end this way, and i hope someone from the samp team responds to clear up the situation and hopefully provide some compelling reasons.
OrMisicL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/11/2018, 11:43 PM   #2
cuber
Gangsta

Thumbs down Re: Why F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned ?

Quote:
linked to another third-party SA multiplayer modification that is supposedly using the samp's leaked source code
That's scientifically proven brother. They even tried to remove Kalcor's & other credits but failed so hard.

EDIT: What's up with the title though lmao.
Old 18/11/2018, 11:48 PM   #3
iAmir
Big Clucker

Default Re: Why F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned ?

breaking 2 years of silence, and your avatar completely fits this situation.

Removing F.CNPC was another wrong thing done by Kalcor just like removing the whole Screenshots & Videos section, then he regretted for what he did and created another section for it. (probably you don't know about it)
But F.CNPC thread probably got soft-deleted, if yes, then he can bring it back.
iAmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/11/2018, 11:56 PM   #4
OrMisicL
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber View Post
That's scientifically proven brother. They even tried to remove Kalcor's & other credits but failed so hard.

EDIT: What's up with the title though lmao.
Because the word ***** is banned now (you can see the stars already), and i am not denying nor supporting the claims, i am just not sure what the current situation is, hence the term "supposedly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir View Post
breaking 2 years of silence, and your avatar completely fits this situation.

Removing F.CNPC was another stupid thing done by Kalcor just like removing the whole Screenshots & Videos section, then he regretted that, and created another section for it. (probably you don't know about it)
But F.CNPC thread probably got soft-deleted, if yes, then he can bring it back.
Not posting for the last 2 years doesn't mean that i don't follow the plugin's progress, i almost check the forums everyday.
OrMisicL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/11/2018, 12:46 AM   #5
IllidanS4
Huge Clucker

No official reason has been given. It was speculated that the reason was using code stolen from SA-MP. MapAndreas was also apparently deleted, but again, no reason was given. It's up to the moderators.

By the way, I feel like the rules need some update, since the current practices don't seem to match them.
Long Function Names
 i_quat.inc 

kingsofsa.cz:8888 running Cinematic Mode
IllidanS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/11/2018, 01:09 AM   #6
DIRTYBYT3
Big Clucker

I think it's pretty clear! if part of the filtered code was used, they should have good reasons to prohibit it.
DIRTYBYT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/11/2018, 01:37 AM   #7
Onfroi
High-roller

Kalcor does whatever he wants with this forum (which makes sense why someone would try to replicate SA-MP..). JewTube not aligning with my ideologies? banned, people still posting jewtube videos? whole section deleted some idiot from South America attacking SA-MP servers? delete spanish section and the list goes on. Albeit, I don't agree with stealing SA-MP's source code, but maybe if they would have started from scratch and made their own multiplayer mod, they would probably have gotten a lot of players considering the direction this forum and the mod in general is going.

Honestly, I'm surprised the russian section still exists
Old 19/11/2018, 01:53 AM   #8
ConnorW
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised the russian section still exists
If russian section would be gone, then samp would have 1-2k players in the server list.
ConnorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/11/2018, 01:58 AM   #9
Onfroi
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW View Post
If russian section would be gone, then samp would have 1-2k players in the server list.
Nah, according to Kalcor, most SA-MP player's don't browse these forums
Old 19/11/2018, 02:26 AM   #10
Freaksken
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrMisicL View Post
I was shocked today to find out that the F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned from the forum (thread, plugin and even the term itself is now blocked), taking away with it years of research, work and contributions by myself, ***** and other contributors, rendering includes, filterscripts and even gamemodes that are entirely dependent on this plugin obsolete.
Yeah dude... This plugin was pretty much the only project related to SA-MP that still made me visit the forums, because it makes NPCs so much better. Given enough creativity, you can pull off some very cool shit that you can not achieve with regular NPCs.

The plugin is not removed from GitHub, so it's not like the code is lost. However, not being able to talk about it on the forums is very saddening. How will new people ever get to know of the existence of this awesome plugin, if people can't talk about it without being censored.

Over the years I got more involved with the plugin by committing to the repo and wiki and helping out where I could. I even started a project of my own that is directly linked to the plugin and thus it too suffers from the ban and punishes me as well. It just feels like all that effort and time I put into that project and this plugin is wasted, even though I did nothing wrong. This is very demotivating. I guess it's time for me to move on from SA-MP.

[Include] FCNPC A.I. - [Tutorial] Speedometer - [WIP] Single-player-like co-op mission - [Other] List of all my work
Freaksken is offline   Reply With Quote