SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 27/01/2019, 06:33 PM   #1
DamnItBro
Little Clucker

Default is RP scene dying?

As everybody can see nowadays rp scene is dying right now, there are only 2 or maximum 3 rp servers to play on and theyre also dying and losing their players right now, I was an addicted player to NGRP and since ng closed I quit SA-MP because I tried to play other servers but It wasn't a fan experience for me, I heard about New NGRP but I dont really now whats going on with that so I would like to ask you guys if someone knows.
DamnItBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/01/2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Rocket16
Little Clucker

Default Re: is RP scene dying?

*asks a question*
*states an answer definitively in the first sentence of their post*

To answer your question, SA-MP still has a good player-base for what it is but when it comes to role-play servers, no one is brave enough to delivering something new that still has the appeal to draw in your casual roleplayer and has the functionality to survive.

You can't blame LS-RP for being complacent, they've been away and clear the biggest roleplay server for years. If you aren't in love with their community, your average sa-mp player stays anyway because it's where the people are. Similar case with Red County.

If Kalcor were to merge the 0.3DL stuff into a new client tomorrow, I think it would do a lot of for the RP servers because you can add more customisation to your skins and mapping. But to make the most of those features currently, you have to compromise on the reduced player-base on 0.3DL and it's not worth it.

The roleplay scene has been stale for a few years, people talked up Bay Area like it was going to be the next big thing but poor management and poor delivery sunk that ship.
Old 27/01/2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Variable™
Gangsta

did you just register in 2017 to quit? lol you actually answered yourself already saying servers are dying and getting less players and barely 3 servers to play, you're right, you're good. why the thread..?
Old 28/01/2019, 12:13 AM   #4
MisterRobot
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket16 View Post
*asks a question*
To answer your question, SA-MP still has a good player-base for what it is but when it comes to role-play servers, no one is brave enough to delivering something new that still has the appeal to draw in your casual roleplayer and has the functionality to survive.
My team has decided to focus on this issue exactly. We wanted to do something that works better, is up to date, and that our leadership is agile and fast. I'd say that often, there is an issue with having too many scripts to replace RP. This results in a huge problem with UX (slow to start time, takes too long to learn everything about server). We tackled this issue by letting people do what they exactly wanted instead. No more gatekeeping. No more waiting 50 years to get rank to do something. Other RP servers should follow. Less pay to win, and more play to win.
JOIN TODAY: 145.239.183.130:7777
MisterRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/01/2019, 10:32 AM   #5
Logic_
Banned

No.

SA-MP is NOT dying.

If you can't get players to play in your server it's because you fail to advertise your server, your creativity and your passion.

I believe that servers with a different theme like medieval, prison and Dystopia can still exist.

People have thoughts about UG-RP being like BA-RP, even when its on a (slightly) different platform: Same level of hype and players. But poor management and script will bring it down (I'm sure that UG-RP script is going to be frickin' awesome).

It's all based on who you hire, and work with. With what kind of people you're covered with.

I tried Rage MP (GTA 5) but I don't think it's fit for RP platform TO BE VERY HONEST. SA-MP feels for RP to me.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/01/2019, 12:09 PM   #6
KenichiHanako
Little Clucker

The concept of having a unique rp server is dying, not the actual rp servers.
KenichiHanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/01/2019, 12:17 PM   #7
Enjoykin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnItBro View Post
As everybody can see nowadays rp scene is dying right now, there are only 2 or maximum 3 rp servers to play on and theyre also dying and losing their players right now, I was an addicted player to NGRP and since ng closed I quit SA-MP because I tried to play other servers but It wasn't a fan experience for me, I heard about New NGRP but I dont really now whats going on with that so I would like to ask you guys if someone knows.
With every day on the planet dies 1 server
Enjoykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2019, 08:08 AM   #8
JoshBrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoykin View Post
With every day on the planet dies 1 server
This happens because people don't know how to run a server; I'd love to run a server but creating or even finding a script is hard for me.
JoshBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2019, 09:41 AM   #9
Dignity
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrown View Post
This happens because people don't know how to run a server;
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrown View Post
I'd love to run a server but creating or even finding a script is hard for me.
You literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Yes, most people here don't know how to run a server, yourself included.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2019, 04:07 PM   #10
fiki574
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
You literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Yes, most people here don't know how to run a server, yourself included.
But damn, if finding a script is too hard for him, he should leave the Internet altogether.