SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 17/02/2017, 07:55 AM   #31
rt-2
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Anti-Cheat (Why are people so greedy tho...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatog View Post
You probably never saw a decent client anti cheat in samp...
The servers with PRIVATE anti-cheat don't obligate the players to use it, but encourage them by giving bonuses.
If a player has the anticheat running, (s)he is less likely to cheat and the admins doesn't have to worry about him.
If a player doesn't has the anticheat running, (s)he is more likely to cheat and the admins have to worry about him if the serverside anti-cheat accuse something

But it doesn't matters here, because he wants to make a open source anti cheat, and that is the dumbest idea I've ever seen here.
That's interesting, I haven't seen it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel View Post
Yeah, sure , go on and create a server sided anti-cheat. On the day u die, i'll be standing in front of your grave, laughing at you, cause you never realized it wasn't possible.

Jokes aside though, its not possible.
My god, on any games, only servers can detect cheat, a client wont tell you when it cheats, the client IS the cheater.
SAMP does most of the physic work client-side, that is why it is hard to make server-side anti-cheats, but you can decide to handle some stuff server-side instead.
Go on, try to create a client-side anti-cheat and ask hackers to download it...
Old 17/02/2017, 01:24 PM   #32
cessil
High-roller

Quote:
Yeah, sure , go on and create a server sided anti-cheat. On the day u die, i'll be standing in front of your grave, laughing at you, cause you never realized it wasn't possible.

Jokes aside though, its not possible.
You're acting like you cannot make a server side anti cheat when just about every server has one.. as for an open source client side anti-cheat.. you've already been told several times why your way will fail
cessil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 02:20 PM   #33
BiosMarcel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil View Post
You're acting like you cannot make a server side anti cheat when just about every server has one.. as for an open source client side anti-cheat.. you've already been told several times why your way will fail
I know, i still think its possible by combining a lot of things and i will indeed give it a try
BiosMarcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 02:52 PM   #34
]Kurence[
Banned

Good luck then, you need to write a kernel driver for monitoring external access to gta_sa.exe process (OpenProcess, WriteProcessMemory, CreateRemoteThread and similar system calls). Verify every DLL that is loaded into the process, and then when you are done, how will your server side plugin be sure, that the client side is valid, working and unmodified client?
]Kurence[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 07:43 PM   #35
PrO.GameR
Gangsta

Quote:
I know, i still think its possible by combining a lot of things and i will indeed give it a try
I can't understand, whats so hard to grasp in the concept of open-source? For god's sake people are cracking Denuvo(Denovu? whatever) lock that was meant to be unbreakable (or really hard to crack) and you expect your open-source anti-cheat not to be cracked in a second?

Lemme give you an example you can understand:

Your anti-cheat is a box, there's a input coming in from a side, and there's an output on the other side, no matter what you put inside people can still use a wire to connect these two together and make it look like it went thru whatever you made in your box, completely bypassing what you built because the box is open and not sealed shut.

Forums
PrO.GameR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 07:47 PM   #36
Spmn
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR View Post
I can't understand, whats so hard to grasp in the concept of open-source? For god's sake people are cracking Denuvo(Denovu? whatever) lock that was meant to be unbreakable (or really hard to crack) and you expect your open-source anti-cheat not to be cracked in a second?

Your anti-cheat is a box, there's a input coming in from a side, and there's an output on the other side, no matter what you put inside people can still use a wire to connect these two together and make it look like it went thru whatever you made in your box, completely bypassing what you built because the box is open and not sealed shut.
At least 4 persons told him that an open-sourced AC is not a viable solution, but he still doesn't understand.
So let him make it and fail in the next hour it gets uploaded on github.
Spmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 07:49 PM   #37
BiosMarcel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR View Post

Yeah, that was my conclusion whenever i thought about it, but i thought i might be able to figure out something more difficult to get around, for example soemthing thatt would have to be recracked everyday (ofc that might be something , that someone could automate). But, also something that doesn't require me to ship new versions everyday. Anyways, most cheaters are kids and the people that create cheats are probably having a life too, who knows. But overall, i know the problems this brings. But, i still don't think it is impossible. There must be some way. My way of thinking is that nothing is impossible (there might be things "impossible" for me though).

@Spmn I did understand everything others said, don't worry, i am just really stubborn.
Old 17/02/2017, 11:38 PM   #38
KingHual
Banned

Quote:
nothing is impossible
so it's not impossible to code something that can't be cracked but it's also not impossible to crack said thing?
KingHual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/02/2017, 12:10 AM   #39
wallee
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual View Post
so it's not impossible to code something that can't be cracked but it's also not impossible to crack said thing?
wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/02/2017, 09:43 AM   #40
BiosMarcel
Banned

I didnt say its impossible to crack , did i?