SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 20/11/2018, 02:03 PM   #11
niCe
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Any plans or roadmap in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForT View Post
Are there any plans yet to change the textdraw system?
What would you change on textdraw system? It works perfectly in my opinion. Combined with custom sprites in 0.3.DL, it enables countless possibilities.

- Pool, basketball, golf, Poker Texas Holdem, races and other minigames
- Video game QUB3D
- Roulette, blackjack, slots, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ
- Organizations and offices
- Missions from Big Smoke, Sweet, Zero, Cesar or Woozie!
- Gang wars
- More than 30 jobs (police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet, pizza-boy and more)
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and more
Watch the TRAILER
Servers are hosted at Evolution Host
niCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 02:12 PM   #12
ForT
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe View Post
What would you change on textdraw system? It works perfectly in my opinion. Combined with custom sprites in 0.3.DL, it enables countless possibilities.
Who uses smaller resolutions knows how difficult it is to see small characters, and we scripters have to adjust to an ideal size to be readable in all resolutions, just put a new font (could be the same as the chat).

Novidades em breve

ForT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 02:15 PM   #13
userid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe View Post
A new "textdraw" system like object material text
userid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 04:28 PM   #14
TommyB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax View Post
I'd like to point out that a lot of servers and communities would use the 0.3.7 DL version but are held back by the fact that a very big load of players is still in 0.3.7 and unaware of the new version, the big servers that are known in SA-MP for years have no problems switching because of their reputation and notoriety in SA-MP, but smaller servers would lose a big chunk of players, especially due to the fact that a lot of players are young, perhaps not so good with English and having them go through the website, download and update by themselves would (and usually did for a period in past updates) cause a loss of players.

I would suggest an option in the client, when a player attempts to connect to a server in a newer version, to either allow him to download and install the client update from there (from the SA-MP client) or some other more convenient method to make players aware of new SA-MP updates, and make it easier for server owners to switch without affecting player count by a lot.
I run a server on 0.3.DL and I can absolutely see why people are afraid to move to it. I moved to 0.3.DL with the release of one of the biggest updates in my server's history, which went pretty well. Our player count peaked pretty high and everything seemed to be okay. Over time I noticed the amount of new accounts had dipped, but I didn't really worry too much about it since concurrent players were still more or less the same, albeit a little less robust at certain times of the day. My playerbase has never been super consistent in the first place, so I shrugged it off. It also helps that most of what's left of the English heavy RP community is already on 0.3.DL since LS-RP had also moved, as well as as some DM servers where roleplayers like to spend time, so word of mouth likely still brings a decent amount of people to my server.

As time went on and usual months where player counts dip hit, I decided to look into the amount of new players I was getting per month and it had more or less been cut in half. If you look at the image below, you can note the amount of new players dipping in February. I moved to 0.3.DL towards the end of that month, and you can see the snowball effect being off the 0.3.7 server lists caused.

I run a fairly popular server which a lot of people in the English heavy RP community know about, and I've felt the effects of being away from most of SA-MP's userbase. I can't imagine how less popular servers would do, especially servers that aren't application based.
TommyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 04:40 PM   #15
LocMax
Huge Clucker

Yeah that's a big drop for a server that falls into the category of reputable / notorious servers in SA-MP, for the smaller servers and communities it's even harsher, hence why I believe we need some updates to enhance the transitions between versions, make it accessible through SA-MP client, maybe callbacks as niCe suggested, and I'm even of opinion that the client downloading section should be defined on the homepage, right now it kinda blends in with everything, it doesn't stand out as it should that it's downloadable content, players need to be basically guided to it more easily.

Separating the branches like 0.3.7 and the DL version caused a division in SA-MP, some major communities using it and others remaining on standard, and as the versions aren't cross compatible for clients, it results in loss of players, so I hope that the matter is solved either by enhancing the ways of notifying players of updates and what version server they're joining uses or by merging the versions as Kalcor indicated if the DL appeared stable.

Last edited by LocMax; 21/11/2018 at 02:42 PM.
LocMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 04:48 PM   #16
niCe
Huge Clucker

Well, on my 0.3.DL server, I have also observed that inflow of the new players decreased rapidly since the server started in April 2018. Current players from our 0.3.7 servers mostly downloaded the new client, as they were informed, but new players mainly use only 0.3.7. But perhaps now when 0.3.DL is on download page, it could make the 0.3.DL more popular.

- Pool, basketball, golf, Poker Texas Holdem, races and other minigames
- Video game QUB3D
- Roulette, blackjack, slots, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ
- Organizations and offices
- Missions from Big Smoke, Sweet, Zero, Cesar or Woozie!
- Gang wars
- More than 30 jobs (police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet, pizza-boy and more)
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and more
Watch the TRAILER
Servers are hosted at Evolution Host
niCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 05:39 PM   #17
BigETI
Banned

Just quoting my own post https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...&postcount=357
BigETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 05:53 PM   #18
OKStyle
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI View Post
We don't need another language. Scripters will leave, prices will rise, but interest will disappear. In addition, there will be only those who are not too lazy to learn a new language. And then those who have no imagination will be eliminated. And then online will become like in other multiplayer.
Old 20/11/2018, 06:13 PM   #19
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI View Post
I don't think this is really necessary.

And yes, 0.3.DL is the best SA-MP update for me.
But you cannot play 0.3.DL while having your own mods installed to GTA (client side).
Server owners do what fits with their server type, not what players like.
That's why most of players have not download it.

And I'd suggest to keep updating this version or merge it and make a 0.3.7-R3 (or 0.8 ), It is amazing especially for Role Play servers and Zombie.
d3Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2018, 06:16 PM   #20
J0sh...
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle View Post
We don't need another language. Scripters will leave, prices will rise, but interest will disappear. In addition, there will be only those who are not too lazy to learn a new language. And then those who have no imagination will be eliminated. And then online will become like in other multiplayer.
did you read his post by chance
J0sh... is offline   Reply With Quote