SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30/10/2019, 11:21 AM   #301
OstGot
Gangsta
 
OstGot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Posts: 953
Reputation: 333
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
If you have some ideas for small improvements in 0.3.9, I'm listening.
Well, how about that?!
https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=670168
__________________
aka Nexius
Don't want to always check for updates of my scripts?
Include it the last, after all others
Nexius's Update Checker
OstGot is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:24 AM   #302
Admireal
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 119
Reputation: 5
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I'm pushing ahead with 0.3.9 and it won't have any downloading feature enabled.

DL will still be available here on the forum. Maybe I'll get around to fixing the breakable fences bug in DL one day.

If you have some ideas for small improvements in 0.3.9, I'm listening.

For example, there are a few new skins floating around that could be added to the 0.3.9 installer.
fix gpci, add serial ban.
Add anti-cheat
We want see downloading feature in 0.3.9
Admireal is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:25 AM   #303
MattyMatty
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: my room
Posts: 163
Reputation: 59
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Hello Kalcor! (thank you so much for making samp, my favorite mod)

I definitely want the versions to combine into 1 version
because as it is now the players are scattered and that means players are having less fun, right?

I have asked many people on a server im mapping on about 0.3.DL and they are all pleasantly surprised by what it can do,
the custom models are something they want,
some are even willing to start learning Blender just to be able to create custom models for the server.
To me its absolutely amazing how people are willing to learn 3d modelling for SAMP,
I myself am learning level design to better my own maps for SAMP.
Point is, people are so enthusiastic about this mod that they would use their time to learn something new,
so I know this mod is worth the effort.

However no one supports the idea of moving to 0.3.DL
when I mentioned the low player count due to 0.3.DL not being available as the main version here: https://www.sa-mp.com/

For custom models not being published enough on samp forums I know that one of the reasons for that is definitely:
-that modellers want to create models for their own server theyre passionate about, not necessarily everyone,
its the same way with my maps, I dont publish the codes to my maps on the samp forum
because im making it for the server im working on, not for everyone or for competitors to use xD.

On the topic of SAMP not being downloaded enough:
1. Gta sa not being bought wont prevent players from coming in samp, plenty of my friends got gta sa through torrents, some, like me got the cracked version back when me and my friends were kids and now buy GTA SA out of appreciation
not just for the game but SAMP itself, because many of them enjoyed/are enjoying it.
2. I dont think SAMP will die because of players going onto new games because
theres plenty of indie games that are played, flash games, ******** games (farmville, mafia wars) and older games like Tetris and Flappy bird, games that are generally not appreciated a lot but are still played a lot. Its true that all of those are more accessible but we can make samp more accessible by doing actions to do that (for example):
3. Our server will include a tutorial on how to download SAMP in each of its videos, we believe we will be able to get some players that way, I know thats not enough on its own to increase the amount of players playing on samp, but imagine if more samp servers do this...
If more did that then SAMP would definitely get more players,
your word holds a lot of weight and value behind it (if you dont believe me look at the view count on this thread),
if you asked samp servers to do this I bet a lot more of them would do this as well,
theres lots of other ways to improve SAMP, for example improving the advertisment board on the forum by including a format that samp server owners could follow to explain how fun their server is, organising it all so its all more efficient, more elegant to see...

Personally played this mod since 2010-11, im 23 now and I want to play this mod for as long as its possible, so many times Ive left SAMP only to return to it, the variety it offers with different gamemodes and the fun community in it, I love it, so I dont want it to stop evolving , im a mapper, if I can help in anyway ask me and Ill figure something out if its within my power.
MattyMatty is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:30 AM   #304
TommyB
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas, USA.
Posts: 192
Reputation: 228
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
DL isn't going anywhere. You can stay on that version if you want.

Looking at the player numbers, it looks like adding custom content ultimately hurt rc-rp and ls-rp.
Sure, I can stay on 0.3.DL but if it eventually dies out completely I'd be forced to go back to 0.3.7, removing all of our custom content in the process. As it stands, I don't think the server would ever recover from having custom assets removed. The feature is basically embedded into the core of the server now. If I wanted to improve the longevity of my server by moving it back to 0.3.7, I'd basically be sending it to die regardless. There's no winning.

I disagree with the idea that custom content hurt RCRP and LSRP. I can't speak for what may be going on in LSRP, but custom content is very well received by my community and we've done a lot of awesome things with it. The obvious elephant in the room is that 0.3.DL is segregated from the rest of SA-MP. This wasn't a problem when I first moved to 0.3.DL, since the move came with the largest update the server had ever seen and there was a lot of hype surrounding it. However, what is immediately apparently is the large drop in the amount of new accounts being registered, even though our player counts peaked higher than the previous month. This dip happened as soon as we moved over to 0.3.DL in February 2018. Here's a list of new accounts being registered per month since 2012 - https://gist.github.com/TommyB123/82...6ad08e3a290b5f

If you really want to push forward with 0.3.9, include downloading in it. Otherwise, it'll probably be a waste of time. I doubt you'll see a lot of people moving to the new version unless there's a good reason to do so. Shuffling packets and whatnot probably won't do it for most people. Maybe I'll end up being wrong, who knows.
TommyB is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:33 AM   #305
d0minic
Little Clucker
 
d0minic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Oblivion.
Posts: 12
Reputation: 8
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I'm pushing ahead with 0.3.9 and it won't have any downloading feature enabled.

DL will still be available here on the forum. Maybe I'll get around to fixing the breakable fences bug in DL one day.

If you have some ideas for small improvements in 0.3.9, I'm listening.

For example, there are a few new skins floating around that could be added to the 0.3.9 installer.
1. update SQLite to latest
2. fix bugs from previous versions
3. disable/ enable vehicle map icons
4. on screen text label that work like textdraw
5. on player hover text draw callback
6. per textdraw hover color
7. emoji support for game chat
__________________
Looking for scripter? PM me.
d0minic is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:39 AM   #306
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,180
Reputation: 2887
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

You may not know this about ls-rp, but they haven't been on the server list for a very long time. DL is the first time in a long time they've come back to the list.

I don't know the precise reasons they're losing players, but I doubt it has anything to do with being segregated from the 0.3.7 list. I have to assume the whole DL thing isn't working out, and its time to reverse course.
__________________
Elvis has left the building
Kalcor is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:41 AM   #307
eakwarp
High-roller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,912
Reputation: 131
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

In total, the real community of developers asks for the download function in the release, but those who threaten the samp are sitting on 0.3.7 and making money on it. it can be seen clearly in this topic. Oki...
__________________
More than 10 years of development, more than 40 mb(sic! 1 kk lines+) of source code, more than a two hundred units and more than 35k revisions(upd. aug 2017). Valakas Roleplay - choose your role.

Как правило, то, что делаю я, лишь через годы начинают делать другие, но потом, обязательно мне ставят в укор, "ой, да это уже у всех есть"...



[Gamemode] Valakas Trucker Roleplay (Russian).
eakwarp is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:41 AM   #308
OstGot
Gangsta
 
OstGot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Posts: 953
Reputation: 333
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0minic View Post
7. emoji support for game chat
I think this is too much, but all the previous are definitely worth to add.
__________________
aka Nexius
Don't want to always check for updates of my scripts?
Include it the last, after all others
Nexius's Update Checker
OstGot is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:42 AM   #309
Xxhype
Little Clucker
 
Xxhype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 24
Reputation: 4
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Increase objects and 3dtexts limit.
Xxhype is offline  
Old 30/10/2019, 11:44 AM   #310
Kyle
High-roller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,260
Reputation: 333
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

A few that I like that are not scriptable as I know you hate scriptable suggestions!

Why has nobody addressed the elephant in the room? The server tab is messed up.

SetPlayerWayPoint, GetPlayerWayPoint
ToggleVehicleBlip
Coloured checkpoints
SetTrainDirection
IsPlayerUsingJoypad (Scriptable but not 100% accurate).
SetPlayerLungCapacity
GetPlayerPageSize
OnPlayerTyping

Please bring back a more appealing hosted/official tab.
Kyle is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it still worth? SoloMid General 12 03/03/2018 07:18 PM
Was it all worth it? Dairyll General 31 12/11/2014 02:20 AM
Worth doing or not? ross8839 Everything and Nothing 20 17/01/2013 12:15 PM
How much is my PC worth? Smithy Everything and Nothing 11 07/05/2012 07:45 PM
Is it worth to buy iNorton Everything and Nothing 12 14/11/2011 12:52 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.