Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 04/11/2019, 04:17 PM   #761
Twizted
High-roller

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro View Post
Everybody did done what they have in their own wish, nobody was forced or even asked to do so.
Sorry, I don't understand your point.

Quote:
Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me.
I can tell you that one of the main reasons for this mod not moving forward in the last 3-4 years was not fully adopting 0.3DL as an "official", main version of the platform. Truth of the matter is, I don't give a fuck about one's personal problems as they mean nothing to me whatsoever. To each, his own. I don't think personal problems are even worth mentioning here, because not committing to 0.3DL was in no way, shape or form somehow connected to a personal issue.

Quote:
I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen.
Hasn't that been said for the past 3 years or so? There have been several ideas and contributions which would have positively impacted the community had the community not been split between an (almost) 5 year old iteration of SA:MP's server SDK and, in truth, a revolutionary iteration of the modification.

Quote:
But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game.
Who's salty here? You went on an adventurous cockride throughout the post and yet, when faced with the facts, you have the dignity to say we are "salty". I'm not bothered by the (dis)continuation as I don't put my time into it anymore. However, my morals go against people being in denial about a situation that's clear as water right now. Yes, there are bigger (BIGGER) problems than a SA:MP version in this community (refer to previous reply), but you take on a huge ladder by the first step.

Quote:
Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that.
Bottom line is: nobody cares if you would have done the same. It doesn't matter if I would have done the same. What matters is that whoever is running the show is clearly not into it anymore and should, for community's clarity sake, either pass up the torch or be pretty clear about SA:MP's release cycle (once every 2 years?) or his intentions with it.
Old 04/11/2019, 04:26 PM   #762
WingedFrostWolf
Little Clucker

DL's functionality has a lot of potential and I have seen it used very successfully on a server I play on. People make content that fits in with the vanilla game and you can't even tell it's custom made, yet it adds so much depth and variety. Having a single version with that functionality would be great as people mentioned before. Perhaps make it a toggleable option (though I have no idea why anyone would say no to a basically perfectly well working feature that opens up doors to a lot more opportunities).

Hopefully the new 0.3.9 will give us a unified client to use and have all the features we've all been excited about

P.S. I'm pretty certain a large part of the Russian playerbase is also excited about getting custom content, seeing how active they are with modding skins/vehicles/objects to fit in with the game nicely and how involved they are with presenting it on platforms like VK.

Last edited by WingedFrostWolf; 04/11/2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04/11/2019, 06:24 PM   #763
papedo
Big Clucker

i agree with all things that niCe says
Old 04/11/2019, 06:34 PM   #764
Dignity
High-roller

i agree with all things that papedo says
Old 04/11/2019, 06:56 PM   #765
papedo
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
i agree with all things that papedo says
actually i didn't said anything clever, but niCe wrote a lot of constructive suggestions
Old 04/11/2019, 07:15 PM   #766
willttoonn
Gangsta

I may be wrong because my opinion and experience is not the same of others users but I believe that the servers that joined the 0.3.DL version at the end of 2017 were able to explore fields never reached before and sadly is that few servers have taken this opportunity unique, making your server different from others with these features.

In previous versions for a skin to be inserted in the official format in SA-MP, expected a version update and praying for some skin for all servers (as was the case with 301-311 skins), this was surpassed in 0.3.DL, where we got hundreds of slots to put what we wanted and what our community wanted and who stuck to the version made it keeps doing it.

It's disappointing to see members of the community who complain up on the lack of an update and two years ago they didn't stick to the last update and this action made this version unofficial.

_________ Development Manager ______________________ Administrator
____________________ Brazilian Hard Roleplay Server ___________ Unofficial discord of the Brazilian/Portuguese SA-MP board

____________ _

Old 04/11/2019, 07:22 PM   #767
JizzyCZ
Little Clucker

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...&postcount=453

While I am reading this topic so I agree with all things that niCe says. And even I have few suggestions for next 0.3.9.

Ability the NPC to aim with weapon; Ability the NPC to getting into vehicle smoothly; Ability the NPC to sit in vehicle as a passenger; DisableNPCCollision and DisablePlayerCollision; Setting the height of water and wave; Ability the train to derail like in singleplayer.

TheJizzy's Official YouTube Channel
- featuring Tutorials, Mods Showcases, Myth Hunting Series, Easter Eggs, Secrets, Facts videos and much more

Old 04/11/2019, 07:44 PM   #768
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
Old 04/11/2019, 07:51 PM   #769
MaisterK
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.

Ok, bye dreams, bye my server again xD

PD: thanks for all this years, and no thanks for killing your own creation
Old 04/11/2019, 07:54 PM   #770
TommyB
Banned

congrats
Closed Thread