SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP DL Edition > SA-MP 0.3.DL > Model Releases

Old 08/01/2019, 05:43 AM   #111
iggiz
Little Clucker

Default Re: kdff gui (v0.2.5a) December 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.
Just look at the Russian community. We are still opening SA-MP servers that are gaining 1000 players for less than 3 minutes from the server start (400 players in stream zone, 10 fps - this is awesome). In this month in Russia already opened 6 new server by huge projects (1000+ players). First of the popular project (Arizona RP) has 9 servers with 9000 players (!) in prime time and this is without affiliated projects.

DL isn't popular because it's buggy, needed a good knowledge in reverse-engineering for fixing it, only one project using DL (Absolute), but they uses their own client with huge amount of fixes and they supports connections from 0.3.7 too. After announcing 0.3.8, huge projects has started the hiring of 3D modellers, but you drop it.

SA-MP is still popular but you don't want to see this.

Last edited by iggiz; 08/01/2019 at 04:47 PM.
iggiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2019, 03:40 PM   #112
Romz
High-roller

Quote:
I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.
You are wrong, the interest is growing on the contrary. Everyone is waiting for release.
Old 08/01/2019, 03:50 PM   #113
m1n1vv
Big Clucker

Quote:
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

Everyone is waiting for the DL update version! DL not popular due to some bugs. They don't allow us to run large projects. DL version removes restrictions in creativity at designers of TD and mappers.

For example:

This is not a template, but already TD.
Old 08/01/2019, 09:38 PM   #114
EstoniaNMaN
Little Clucker

Quote:

Believe me, I've talked to quite fair amount of SA-MP developers/modders and they are wishing to mod a lot, but they are just waiting for the next release after 0.3-DL was pushed out.

Aside to that there are still many open projects that contains modded stuff, for example Medieval Roleplay server made by Dignity. I would say it's impossible to say nobody is interested in it.
EstoniaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2019, 01:50 PM   #115
OstGot
Gangsta

Quote:
You know Kye, I think the problem is actually more simple, and here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggiz View Post
After announcing 0.3.8, huge projects has started the hiring of 3D modellers, but you drop it.
0.3.DL is not popular (as far as it was expected) primarily because of intentionally made wrong decisions on your part, the first of which was the cancellation of 0.3.8 (which was really expected by many, and this is a fact). Instead of a direct continuation of the branch, you released a separate (optional) one, which makes it clear only just by its description that this is not the future of the 0.3.7 branch, this is not the future of SA-MP. And if a newbie player who is absolutely unaware of what is happening, would like to download the latest version, seeing in the search for “0.3.8”, then it's obvious that it is more latest than “0.3.7” and thus newbie player would download it. Even from this point of view this version could be much more popular and attention attracting than different "optional" branch, that's just another unknown thing for a newbie among all versions of SA-MP.
The second one is that even as DL version came, you didn't add it to the official news block on the sa-mp.com, where the announcements of each new version was published before. Instead, it appeared only a few months later on the download page of version 0.3.7 somewhere below away from the eyes like an ugly step sister... (...and moreover, besides stupid jokes, there is no DL-server release on the same page even now).

Sorry if I hurt or offended someone, but I really think that the developer himself was initially skeptical about this version.
Nexius's Update Checker
OstGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2019, 05:19 PM   #116
Hazon
Big Clucker

@m1n1vv This is awesome.
Hazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2019, 06:42 PM   #117
m1n1vv
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon View Post
@m1n1vv This is awesome.
Thank you
Old 13/01/2019, 02:55 AM   #118
Ramix11
Little Clucker

Good job.
Ramix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2019, 10:51 AM   #119
WestSide56
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozu View Post
Fair enough but there are few projects out there, that are currently developing which utilise custom models.

I guess only time will tell for more modellers to crop up.

Hell it would be nice to have some more tools; like maybe an easier of way of incorporating 2dfx effects to models perhaps.

I mean just on the topic of SA-MP. The problems that me and my team face over at VCRP is the fact that the mem addresses for melee damage and heli-blading haven't been voided, and that the float value for pickup models haven't been extended in the current iteration of the SA-MP DL client. Which I hope will be addressed in the future.
I have a similar situation on my second server. I am also developing a server on the Vice City map, but these problems do not allow me to assign even beta testing. Please correct this in 0.3DL r2, as I see no reason to open the server without such important features.
WestSide56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/01/2019, 03:02 AM   #120
InanAhammad
Little Clucker

Really nice tool but when i try to genearate a colission its name by default set to "samp".It would be a lot fo help if you could change than to the dff name.
InanAhammad is offline   Reply With Quote