Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /var/www/sa-mp.com/forum/showthread.php on line 25
IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) in OnPlayerDeath - 0.3-DL - SA-MP Forums
SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > Bug Reports

Old 06/05/2018, 12:24 AM   #1
JR_Junior
Huge Clucker

Default IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) in OnPlayerDeath - 0.3-DL

Hello!
IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) is not working in OnPlayerDeath?

0.3-DL
JR_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2018, 03:18 PM   #2
JR_Junior
Huge Clucker

Default Re: IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) in OnPlayerDeath - 0.3-DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZdabIt3Bro7 View Post
OnPlayerDeath > Called when a player dies.
Player's HP goes below 0 > He dies > OnPlayerDeath

Player dies > Respawns > Usually teleported back to a position by script > Never put back inside of the vehicle

In conclusion, it is working, but unlike in GTA SA SP mode, dead players gets usually teleported to a coordinate. Fix this by using PutPlayerInVehicle(..);
WTF?
Old 08/05/2018, 12:16 AM   #3
Pottus
Godfather

I know right that is retarded? If you KNEW the vehicle id the player was in then you KNOW they are in a vehicle. If you slap a player in a vehicle in OnPlayerDeath() then DUH!!!! They're in a vehicle at that point what is the use of calling IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) because again you KNOW they are in a vehicle.

Try checking this ----> Look in OnPlayerWeaponShot() and when you have a kill shot see if IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) works then.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2018, 01:10 AM   #4
RogueDrifter
High-roller

Its not a bug, i mean, when they die they simple get ejected out, OnPlayerDeath is called the moment they die (once they exit the vehicle).

Although, OnPlayerStateChange can be very helpful, set a timer of 1500MS to see when a player has just gotten out of a vehicle if (newstate == 1 && (oldstate == 3 || oldstate == 2) ) to set a variable true and set it false after 1500MS to see when the player has just gotten out, then check for that variable's value at OnPlayerDeath.
Originally Posted by Escobar ⚠
Life sucked me in and shat me on the cruel world.

[Github]:Link [Gists]:Link [Forum]:Link [Server]:Link [Discord]:Link

RogueDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2018, 05:08 AM   #5
Pottus
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter View Post
Its not a bug, i mean, when they die they simple get ejected out, OnPlayerDeath is called the moment they die (once they exit the vehicle).

Although, OnPlayerStateChange can be very helpful, set a timer of 1500MS to see when a player has just gotten out of a vehicle if (newstate == 1 && (oldstate == 3 || oldstate == 2) ) to set a variable true and set it false after 1500MS to see when the player has just gotten out, then check for that variable's value at OnPlayerDeath.
It's best to try non-time checking methods first.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2018, 10:08 PM   #6
JR_Junior
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus View Post
I know right that is retarded? If you KNEW the vehicle id the player was in then you KNOW they are in a vehicle. If you slap a player in a vehicle in OnPlayerDeath() then DUH!!!! They're in a vehicle at that point what is the use of calling IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) because again you KNOW they are in a vehicle.

Try checking this ----> Look in OnPlayerWeaponShot() and when you have a kill shot see if IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(playerid) works then.
A very good alternative idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter View Post

Your idea is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus View Post
It's best to try non-time checking methods first.
Absolutely.

I thank you all for the help!
Below is the method I used and worked perfectly:
PHP Code:
new DiedInVeh[MAX_PLAYERS];

public 
OnPlayerStateChange(playeridnewstateoldstate)
{
    if(
newstate == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || newstate == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGERSetPVarInt(playerid,#CurrentVeh,GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid));

else if(oldstate == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || oldstate == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGERSetPVarInt(playerid,#LastVeh,GetPVarInt(playerid,#CurrentVeh));

if((oldstate == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER || oldstate == PLAYER_STATE_PASSENGER) &&

newstate == PLAYER_STATE_WASTEDDiedInVeh[playerid] = GetPVarInt(playerid,#LastVeh);

return 1;
}

public 
OnPlayerDeath(playeridkilleridreason)
{
    if(
DiedInVeh[playerid] != INVALID_VEHICLE_IDGameTextForPlayer(playerid"~r~died in vehicle"50003);
    return 
1;