SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 18/01/2013, 12:33 PM   #11
ColorHost-Kevin
High-roller

Default Re: SAMP Server's getting DDoS'd

Most of what ive seen is people who buy those cheap booting websites to take off servers. Anyone can do it nowadays sadly.

Only way to stop it is to invest into hardware that can handle the attacks.
ColorHost-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 12:36 PM   #12
TheChimpJr
Banned

Note: NO need to spend $100's of bucks on a host/firewall..

I also got ddosed alot, than I came across nfoservers.com, good dude I can't explain how good they are. You have a firewall protection on your panel, so when heavy packets come In you can block them. Also block port UDP 80 and TCP 80, that will stop 90% attacks, people use PORT: 80 to ddos the most. If you want more information let me know, the prices start has low has $50.00/month, and they have 10gb up port.

Up Time Report:

Last Year ( Another DataCenter: 35% )
Now ( NFO SERVERS : 97% )

FAQ:

This Isn't a ddos firewall protection site?
A: No no but you can customize your firewall to block certain ports and etc.. Also you can move/upgrade/downgrade at any time and takes only ( 5mins )

How much GB did you get attacked?
A: I was attacked with 10gb+ sometimes 1tb, but now its all done...

Can I ddos other people with this?
A: NO NO why should you? If you are just don't... They scan your OS every week, so I wouldn't be you. My friend did it and got blocked from the company + fire walled.

Will they take action?
A: Yes If you can't stop it after they gave you the firewall panel, than they will do it for you, and If you make a ticket response time Is under 15mins.

Firewall ( NOTE: There Is more options/rules, due to some IP's being blocked I will not release those IP'S )

PS: They have a 48hr trial, If you wanna check if it's worth it.

Hope I helped In something, if you still want full information on this, please PM me, or check ****** on the reviews of the datacenter.
TheChimpJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 12:48 PM   #13
Gandalf
Little Clucker

The best way to fight is to take down the people doing it. Even if they think to be safe by using a VPN or hiding service, usually they are stupid enough to identify them selves. By searching your past records, their real IP and provider are known.
Most providers will take action, just as most DNS servers will block the networks that spoof them for attacks.
It takes a lot of patience and constant work, but by sending out reports every time you can get results.
Depending on their organization, booter services can be deemed criminal and taken down as well.

The main thing is to not give up and fight back.
Gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 12:55 PM   #14
Mellnik
Gangsta

Default AW: Re: SAMP Server's getting DDoS'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNinja View Post
GamerX has this feature in their DDoS protection called server mitigation. When someone begins a DDoS, the fire-wall detects it, and automatically moves the server to a backup server, where the IP is still the same. The DDoSer won't know that even he is attacking, no harm is coming to the server. The firewall protects until the DDoSer stops his actions, his mind confused when he sees the server still active with its players.
What lol this wont work because attacker is still DDoSing IP X.X.X.X (which is on the backup server now)
Mellnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 12:57 PM   #15
MyNinja
Banned

Default Re: AW: Re: SAMP Server's getting DDoS'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik View Post
What lol this wont work because attacker is still DDoSing IP X.X.X.X (which is on the backup server now)
Firewall, you read that?
MyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 01:05 PM   #16
3ventic
Huge Clucker

Let me get this clear:
DoS = single user (or other sources) using up all your connection
DDoS = multiple users (or other sources) using up all your connection + IF the connection is blocked, using up your CPU (blocking 1000s of connection attempts in a second takes up a lot of it!)

DoS is simply prevented by blocking the source IP in your firewall. DDoS, if powerful enough, cannot be stopped without extensive firewall services (separate firewall machine between the router and your server taking care of blocking bad connections using up a separate CPU, preventing harm) which are VERY expensive and hardly a possibility for smaller communities.

Simple booter attacks can be blocked easily using a firewall.

You're best off keeping people friendly towards your community. If you still get attacked, wait it out, they rarely last long.

And remember to (try to) punish the attacker after it's done.

P.S. I'm not an expert but I've looked into it after some attacks against my servers.
Old 18/01/2013, 01:20 PM   #17
Killa[DGZ]
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWorldGaming View Post
Note: NO need to spend $100's of bucks on a host/firewall..

I also got ddosed alot, than I came across nfoservers.com, good dude I can't explain how good they are. You have a firewall protection on your panel, so when heavy packets come In you can block them. Also block port UDP 80 and TCP 80, that will stop 90% attacks, people use PORT: 80 to ddos the most. If you want more information let me know, the prices start has low has $50.00/month, and they have 10gb up port.

Yes, I'm also with Nuclear Fallout Enterprises and I'm a very happy customer indeed, they have absolutely brilliant servers, service & support.. I have no complaints at all.

For example, just few days ago I was sent this message via email and UCP,

'We noticed that you're being hit with a DoS from external IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx We have added a filter on our end to block this IP from reaching your server'

I never had to lift a finger.. now that is service
Killa[DGZ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 01:24 PM   #18
Criswell
Little Clucker

Well, LS-RP is also being DDOS'ed some times, so well they're not houndred percent secured for DDOS. But to be honest, I don't know what they are doing to the DDOSing, not often they're getting DDOsed

Convertible Role Play coming soon, follow us on ******** by clicking here.
Criswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Rayan_black
Huge Clucker

Default Re : SAMP Server's getting DDoS'd

For fuck sake! SA-MP needs to do something about those DDoS'ers! we just lost a legend community COD5!
Rayan_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2013, 02:47 PM   #20
Mauzen
Banned

Default Re: Re : SAMP Server's getting DDoS'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayan_black View Post
For fuck sake! SA-MP needs to do something about those DDoS'ers! we just lost a legend community COD5!
DoS/DDoS really isnt samps matter. Small dos attacks can simply be blocked by a firewall, and for big ddos attacks theres nothing to do at all, you can have a whole array of hardware firewalls, theyll also fail when there are billions of connections every second.
There are so many "server owners" around, and as soon as they get attacked they start moaning at samp, because it offers no protection, while there are about no programs at all that offer a built-in firewall. And i wouldnt like to give the complete connection control to the samp server anyways. People should just learn how to protect themselves before calling themselves "admin".
Mauzen is offline   Reply With Quote