SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP DL Edition > SA-MP 0.3.DL

Closed Thread

Old 08/11/2017, 10:59 PM   #1
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Default Don't rip content from other games/mods

There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I'm confident that we can generate and source all the needed content ourselves. Many of the things I want to do involve simple edits of existing models. This rule will help to keep the art style consistent for most servers. No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
Old 08/11/2017, 11:08 PM   #2
Xeon™
Banned

Default Re: Don't rip content from other games/mods

rip mario kart boy...
Old 08/11/2017, 11:23 PM   #3
NarutoUA
Little Clucker

RIP Naruto-RP
Old 08/11/2017, 11:25 PM   #4
JokeyL
Banned

Soo. I can't add player skins from GTA V?
Old 08/11/2017, 11:26 PM   #5
slayer101
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
That's a bold claim. I agree with mods being a no-no but depending on what game a server is using it's model from. It should be taken into consideration. People are already trying to port Liberty City or Vice City and that itself is getting admiration.

However, if it's from a game like GTA 5, or GTA 4 then that's an issue. As for mods, this rule should always apply unless they're given permission to use it on their server..
Old 08/11/2017, 11:33 PM   #6
paulommu
Little Clucker

Wait, what?!

Old 08/11/2017, 11:40 PM   #7
Hiddos
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulommu View Post
Wait, what?!

scooby dooby doo!
Old 09/11/2017, 12:13 AM   #8
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer101 View Post
People are already trying to port Liberty City or Vice City and that itself is getting admiration.
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.
Old 09/11/2017, 02:45 AM   #9
StrikerZ
High-roller

Well my server is based on the walking dead movie and I had thought to use skin characters from the movie, would that be allowed?
Old 09/11/2017, 03:34 AM   #10
ZaikerH
Banned

Quote:
III and VC are older than SA, and most of us own copies of all 3. The same can't be said for later games. I own GTA IV, but not GTA V.

If you think you can run a server based on artwork from other games, you're asking me to provide cover for it, and I'm not going to do that. My intention was to create an MP mod for Vice City, then San Andreas. I now see the need to be able to modify some of the game's content without waiting for new versions of SA-MP.
I think it's an excellent idea, to tell the truth, it's better to work with new models for SAMP, and not extract them from other gaming platforms.
For example, in my case, I have been developing new models created by my person, to add them and share them with the SAMP community.

My work: Clic in the url.

Quote:
There will be a new rule added to the master list services agreement once the 0.3.8 lists go live. You can't use content from other games or mods in your server. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I'm confident that we can generate and source all the needed content ourselves. Many of the things I want to do involve simple edits of existing models. This rule will help to keep the art style consistent for most servers. No players are going to be impressed by models ripped from other games, or things that look out of place in GTA:SA.
I hope we the Users know how to make good use of their new SAMP developments, since this will give even more life to the Servers, and to each community.
Closed Thread