SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 07/09/2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Moonlight12
Little Clucker

Default What do you feel makes a good Cops and Robbers Server

Hello Samp Community!

I'm thinking about starting my own CnR server, however, before I do, I really want to make sure that the features that this server will have truly reflects the play style and preferences of the community.

Because of this, I would really appreciate it if you could post a couple of sentences (or paragraphs ) in this topic just outlining what you feel makes a CnR enjoyable, unique and captivating.

You could talk about the run style, the jobs/classes or even what makes you stay active within a CnR community.

I understand that the CnR racket is a hard one to break into [no pun intended ] but hopefully with your help I can create something that will become a success!

Many Thanks

Moonlight
Moonlight12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2014, 07:07 PM   #2
Steel_
Huge Clucker

Default Re: What do you feel makes a good Cops and Robbers Server

Low jail times is a really needed component, nobody likes to spend 3 minutes just by getting 6 stars its stupid.
Steel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2014, 08:07 PM   #3
GilOG
Little Clucker

Make sure not to ban hackers with aimbot, kick them with a warning. If it's something like airbreak then you can make it a ban but make that ban appealable.
Old 07/09/2014, 08:58 PM   #4
SickAttack
Godfather

"What makes a shitty cops and robbers server and what makes a great cops and robbers server?"
-> The players, the players, the players, and the players.

I wouldn't play in a server that has shitty and ignorant players, even if that server was the #1 rated SA:MP server. However, the gamemode is also an important factor, you should be as unique as you can, adding great features to your server. Listen to your players, and give them what they want as long as it doesn't affect other factors nor players, support them, mostly care for them.
SickAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2014, 10:27 PM   #5
MrFate003142
Little Clucker

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=511168
A thread already about this topic. Also if you do get the server up PM me the info I would love to try it out.
MrFate003142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2014, 01:40 AM   #6
inot15
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack View Post
"What makes a shitty cops and robbers server and what makes a great cops and robbers server?"
-> The players, the players, the players, and the players.

I wouldn't play in a server that has shitty and ignorant players, even if that server was the #1 rated SA:MP server. However, the gamemode is also an important factor, you should be as unique as you can, adding great features to your server. Listen to your players, and give them what they want as long as it doesn't affect other factors nor players, support them, mostly care for them.
This.

If I would have to choose between server with unique and great features, but mostly has just annoying users. Or server with some basic features for working cnr and great players. I would choose the second one.

Also your staff plays big role. Come up with something new and try to get professional and helpful staff.
inot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2014, 08:42 AM   #7
FlawPaw
Banned

NO sawnoffs,uzi, or any of those duals bs
most cnr are unplayable as a cop bcus they keep getting owned by dual sawns
FlawPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2014, 10:33 AM   #8
PrivatioBoni
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilOG View Post
Make sure not to ban hackers with aimbot, kick them with a warning. If it's something like airbreak then you can make it a ban but make that ban appealable.
Please, please, please -- do not give misleading advice. That is absolutely not the correct way to go.

Firstly, if anything, that should be directly the other way around.

An airbraker (if they're solely airbraking) is not going to really harm the gameplay except make the server look really silly. If you really want to hand warnings FOR HACKING/CHEATING out like they're candy (as opposed to having a firm no hacker policy), then this is the time to give one.

Someone using an aimbot in a competitive server like cops and robbers is wrong on many levels. It is the purest form of cheating and why would anyone give anyone a warning for that? If you're going to give warnings, give it for the minor forms of hacking.

Same with a racing server, if they're airbraking in the background screwing around, then not the biggest crime in the world. If they're subtly speed hacking then that is cheating and shouldn't be tolerated.

Also, players who are hacking and deliberately attempt to ruin people's gameplay should also be banned without warning.

Anyway, this isn't really meant to be a hacking discussion.

Just try to be unique, have some interesting features, don't have a million typos and colours in the textdraws, messages etc. Don't do anything stupid and take advice and suggestions from your players.
PrivatioBoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2014, 10:44 PM   #9
SickAttack
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw View Post
Servers that don't allow 2shot, c-bug, and just give you shitty weapons just suck.
SickAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2014, 06:45 AM   #10
Wutangclan
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw View Post
Yeah dual wielding is stupid; all they do is run in circles shooting at you..
Wutangclan is offline   Reply With Quote