SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 06/10/2019, 01:55 AM   #1
Euss
Little Clucker

Default Is this possible to script?

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I do not have any knowledge or experience about scripting or even mapping. I just want to ask some questions about scripting (not like a tutorial) as I do not know how codes or scripts work. I am currently playing in a roleplay server and I am really intrigued with our server's healing system, or as you say script.

I wanted to suggest an idea to our suggestions forum section but one thing that's holding me is if it is possible to script. We have a normal logic that if you get any damage, you lose health points. If you eat food or receive a medical treatment, you restore health points. I want to make something about it, only if I could translate my idea into a script instantly. So here's my idea.

Healing. We eat food or get patched to restore health, instantly. The way how I admire realism is not really applied in this very basic aspect of the game. My idea about this is that it shouldn't restore your health fully in an instant. To me, it would look like you ate the whole meal with the tray included and finish it with a single gulp. It should undergo a progress (over time obviously), it should work like a regeneration rune or health potion or something like that. For example, if you buy a full meal buster that gives you 100 health points, it slowly restore health points by like a 1% every 24 seconds, thus giving you 100 health points over the span of 40 minutes. Now, my question is, is it possible to script?

Health loss. Our server is heavily composed of fights in a daily basis, may it be a gunfight or fistfight. We know how guns work in real life, yes? In fact one shot can possibly kill you but it doesn't work like that in the game because... because it would ruin the player's experience as if he assumes he's playing a superman character. In single player, it would normally take few bullets to kill a civilian, but none of that is related to my idea. My idea applies to the aftermath of a fight, specifically a shooting incident. You took a walk in the hood and got involve in a mouth fight which eventually led to you getting shot in the torso once with a pistol and let's say you lost 25 health points in that incident. You ran away from the area and hid in a safe spot. You continue your day as if nothing happens with your remaining 75 health points. There should be an effect after that, as if it would bleed more if not treated. Like you lose 1 health point every every minute, so you would pass out (in our server, it sends you to 'brutally wounded' state) if you didn't receive any medical treatment in 75 minutes, considering you lost too much blood from the gunshot wound. So my question again, is it possible to script?

I could go more in details but I only wanted to know if it would be possible to script. If you have any idea or like a draft of a script that could make this idea work, I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks for reading through.

PS: I really want to learn how to script but I don't know where to start and what to learn. I watched several YouTube videos about PAWN scripting but it's totally hard for me to catch up.
Euss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2019, 06:10 AM   #2
AzaMx
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Is this possible to script?

Yes, it's possible.
AzaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Symon
Gangsta

Everything (or almost) is possible to script. You just need creativity and patience to test.

The best place to start from is the Wiki: https://wiki.sa-mp.com. Read it carefully and try.

Do trial and errror unless you don't understand how function X works. (Or everything else you want to learn).

Rome wasn't build in one day so, good luck.

Discord | Play Now | Website

Add your server to favourites and join our Discord.
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2019, 11:38 AM   #4
Euss
Little Clucker

Thank you for the responses. Simply knowing that this is possible to script is enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon View Post
The best place to start from is the Wiki: https://wiki.sa-mp.com. Read it carefully and try.

Do trial and errror unless you don't understand how function X works. (Or everything else you want to learn).

Rome wasn't build in one day so, good luck.
Yeah! Thank you for that.
Euss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2019, 03:08 PM   #5
DRIFT_HUNTER
High-roller

Yes its possible and actually its pretty easy to do since you already have system that allows you to eat and restore HP instantly.

Any PM's that include question about any kind of help will be ignored.
Use appropriate boards for that
DRIFT_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote