SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14/09/2019, 05:22 AM   #21
Chaprnks
Gangsta
 
Chaprnks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Soviet America
Posts: 598
Reputation: 69
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!



I get this warning only when the timers plugin is enabled. Maybe SAMPGDK is out of date?
__________________
Chaprnks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2020, 06:03 AM   #22
Misiek
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 113
Reputation: 16
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the reports!

samp-precise-timers ⌚v2.0.2 release
This SA-MP plugin provides precise timers for the server. It is written in Rust, a memory-safe language.

Fix for `Native function not found`
As was discovered in issue #7, sampgdk (used by other plugins) makes certain assumptions about pointer lifetimes. This caused an incompatibility between samp-rs and sampgdk. The plugin now uses a newer samp-rs which contains a workaround, so using samp-precise-timers in tandem with certain other plugins will no longer cause `Native function not found` to appear.

CentOS 7 support
CentOS 7 ships with an old version of a library called `glibc`. The plugin will no longer depend on the newer version 2.18 and should now work just fine on CentOS.

https://github.com/bmisiak/samp-precise-timers
__________________
Ex-SA-MP beta tester 😉
net4game.com
Misiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2020, 10:48 AM   #23
Kyle
High-roller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,260
Reputation: 333
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiek View Post
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the reports!

samp-precise-timers ⌚v2.0.2 release
This SA-MP plugin provides precise timers for the server. It is written in Rust, a memory-safe language.

Fix for `Native function not found`
As was discovered in issue #7, sampgdk (used by other plugins) makes certain assumptions about pointer lifetimes. This caused an incompatibility between samp-rs and sampgdk. The plugin now uses a newer samp-rs which contains a workaround, so using samp-precise-timers in tandem with certain other plugins will no longer cause `Native function not found` to appear.

CentOS 7 support
CentOS 7 ships with an old version of a library called `glibc`. The plugin will no longer depend on the newer version 2.18 and should now work just fine on CentOS.

https://github.com/bmisiak/samp-precise-timers
EDIT: Evidentally not with it today; I'm going to try this!
__________________

Last edited by Kyle; 01/07/2020 at 11:43 AM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2020, 02:44 PM   #24
Fairuz
Huge Clucker
 
Fairuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 448
Reputation: 64
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

So we just have to change SetTimer(also SetTimerEx) to SetPreciseTimer and KillTimer to DeletePreciseTimer?
__________________
Los Santos based Cops and Robbers with many features.
209.58.183.101:7777
Fairuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2020, 03:13 AM   #25
Mobtiesgangsa
Big Clucker
 
Mobtiesgangsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Strip
Posts: 155
Reputation: 16
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairuz View Post
So we just have to change SetTimer(also SetTimerEx) to SetPreciseTimer and KillTimer to DeletePreciseTimer?
Yes that simple
__________________
WARNING IM NOT HERE
Mobtiesgangsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2020, 03:09 PM   #26
Unrea1
Gangsta
 
Unrea1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 813
Reputation: 129
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

It would be better with these functions:

Code:
IsValidPreciseTimer
KillAllPreciceTimers
__________________
Unrea1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2020, 10:27 AM   #27
Kyle
High-roller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,260
Reputation: 333
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrea1 View Post
It would be better with these functions:

Code:
IsValidPreciseTimer
KillAllPreciceTimers
I've been using this plugin on my test server and I agree with the IsValid function, it is needed.
__________________
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2020, 08:33 PM   #28
Misiek
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 113
Reputation: 16
Default Re: samp-precise-timers ⌚: A timer plugin written in the memory-safe Rust language. Check it out, you might like Rust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrea1 View Post
It would be better with these functions:

Code:
IsValidPreciseTimer
KillAllPreciceTimers
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I could add it, but also, I would love to get a second contributor. If anyone is feeling like they'd like to give it a try and add it, hit me up! I'd love to help with any roadblocks you encounter. It will be very similar to the code for DeletePreciseTimer.
__________________
Ex-SA-MP beta tester 😉
net4game.com
Misiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Tool/Web/Other] Rust SA:MP SDK EvaBaka Plugin Development 12 15/03/2018 10:59 PM
Rust On 4GB RAM K0P Everything and Nothing 20 28/12/2016 12:34 AM
[Projeto] San Andreas Rust (DayZ/Rust/Survival) JPedro Português/Portuguese 38 15/10/2015 02:31 AM
[Off] Rust para SA-MP PratesPlay Português/Portuguese 17 27/02/2014 07:29 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.