SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Gamemode Scripts

Old 10/09/2017, 08:53 PM   #11
nG Inverse
Big Clucker

Default Re: Y-Core + Y-RP development thread

I think the lack of YSI use is due to little current and complete documentation.

nG Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2017, 09:02 PM   #12
Logic_
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nG Inverse View Post
I think the lack of YSI use is due to little current and complete documentation.
Wrong, it's mainly because people are unaware of it's solutions and features it provide. Lack of awareness is the most common and first issue which is the base of other issues.

What one can do is put YSI tutorials in a link along with their examples on their thread. And that one individual only posts on their thread, and everyone puts a link to it in their (forum) signature, which will get attention of a lot of people.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2017, 09:12 PM   #13
nG Inverse
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_ View Post
Wrong, it's mainly because people are unaware of it's solutions and features it provide. Lack of awareness is the most common and first issue which is the base of other issues.
Good documentation would cover all features/functionality, function lists, definitions, syntax restrictions, common warning/errors, etc. If it existed, people would be more informed, thus more willing to use the libraries.

I found myself searching for current documentation for two days on specific libraries and their functionality to no avail. At that point, I just recreated the features.

nG Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2017, 11:39 PM   #14
Paulice
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_ View Post

What one can do is put YSI tutorials in a link along with their examples on their thread. And that one individual only posts on their thread, and everyone puts a link to it in their (forum) signature, which will get attention of a lot of people.
Wrong, because it's a large library and it feeds off itself. People only want what they need.
Paulice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2017, 11:57 AM   #15
JesterlJoker
Huge Clucker

Misiur uhh, Why don't you use the regular pawn compiler? Is there any difference from the Zeex's or russian compiler?

I wanted to try this but it seems that my knowledge on scripting is far from being called Average Scripting skill, and it also seems that there are not much explanation on the Y-Less includes... I want to learn it but every documentation was removed when Y-Less left samp scenes

Testers are welcome just slide into my DM's.
JesterlJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2017, 02:51 PM   #16
Paulice
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterlJoker View Post
I wanted to try this but it seems that my knowledge on scripting is far from being called Average Scripting skill, and it also seems that there are not much explanation on the Y-Less includes... I want to learn it but every documentation was removed when Y-Less left samp scenes
If you don't know what it does or what it's for, then you probably don't need it.
Paulice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/2017, 04:30 PM   #17
Kaperstone
Banned

Code:
// Wrong
Function() {

}

// Right
Function()
{

}
You're aware that both are right?(And will compile fine) Right?
The only difference is that the second either a waste of space or is used for people to say how "good they are at coding that they made a 30k line code" when most of their code is coded like this;

Dunno why people say the second is "clearer", both are clear, just that the first has less "wasted lines"

You can also code like so
Code:
Code { 

// code

}
I know that its a coding style, but it's not conventional, its randomatic and you haven't limited it to the code on your repo but generally emphasized that coding should be done with line breaking brackets only. (which is in my personal opinion, wrong and I rather avoid from using a library that forces me to do break lines)

Moreover, y_inline afaik supports both inline and line-broken brackets (like foreach)
Kaperstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/09/2017, 04:01 PM   #18
Djole1337
Gangsta

Not sure if YSI is production "friendly", last time I used it back in 2014 it was pretty hard to debug your code when something goes wrong. Memory corruption was one of the things, I guess people just don't want to deal fixing YSI themselves, it's a large lib and requires skill and time to understand/fix. I guess the vast majority of popular servers / servers with large player base don't use it apart from standalone foreach (in YSI known as y_iterate).
Old 13/09/2017, 04:17 PM   #19
Wolfe
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone View Post
Code:
// Wrong
Function() {

}

// Right
Function()
{

}
You're aware that both are right?(And will compile fine) Right?
The only difference is that the second either a waste of space or is used for people to say how "good they are at coding that they made a 30k line code" when most of their code is coded like this;

Dunno why people say the second is "clearer", both are clear, just that the first has less "wasted lines"

You can also code like so
Code:
Code { 

// code

}
I know that its a coding style, but it's not conventional, its randomatic and you haven't limited it to the code on your repo but generally emphasized that coding should be done with line breaking brackets only. (which is in my personal opinion, wrong and I rather avoid from using a library that forces me to do break lines)

Moreover, y_inline afaik supports both inline and line-broken brackets (like foreach)
Of course he knows! This is his project, and he should choose how he wants people to contribute regardless if it's something as small as that. Personally I probably wouldn't care to much for that, but if you want everything to be similar to another style of code then so be it, and I'm sure he's not going for lines as he's trying to mimic a modular setup so unless he wants to brag about a few extra lines I doubt it's for that cause.

I wouldn't really say it's a waste of space it's more of how the person maintaining the project wants to look at it. It's really not that big of an issue.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/09/2017, 04:37 PM   #20
Misiur
High-roller

It is just a style guide, I am aware both are correct. We dont have something like eslint (yet) but I'd like to pull requests to be consistent with my style
Misiur is offline   Reply With Quote