SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 27/03/2020, 09:10 PM   #1
KamilPolska
Huge Clucker

Default Identifiers ID

Hello. For a long time I have a confusion on how to use and efficiently with the latest version of mysql blueg. How do you make systems with IDs? Do you have to add AUTO_INCREMENT to each system or can you do it without AUTO_INCREMENT?
KamilPolska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/03/2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Symon
Gangsta

Default Re: Identifiers ID

You can use AUTO_INCREMENTfor everything you need. For houses, vehicles, players accounts and so on.

Join The Server (play.symonscnr.com) | Discord | Website/Forum
Choose up from 5 different skills, Con Artist, Drug Dealer, Firefighter, Hitman and Terrorist.
Play as a Civilian or a LEO, bomb buildings/vehicles, rob shops or bank and many many more. Join us!
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/03/2020, 10:11 AM   #3
Calisthenics
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamilPolska View Post
Do you have to add AUTO_INCREMENT to each system or can you do it without AUTO_INCREMENT?
No, it is not necessary to have an increment ID if you can uniquely identify records with other columns (composite primary key).

For example you have a table with attachments. A primary key (userid, slot) can be enough to select all slots by certain player or certain slot for player.
Old 28/03/2020, 11:21 AM   #4
jasperschellekens
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisthenics View Post
No, it is not necessary to have an increment ID if you can uniquely identify records with other columns (composite primary key).
This is absolutaly true. It really depends on the kind of table you are creating.
For example user accounts, you will want to use auto increment so each account has it's own unique ID which it can be identified with. When it comes to a table for example the player's inventory, you don't really need add an auto increment column but instead you go for an column that would in this case hold the user account ID.

Code:
CREATE TABLE `ACCOUNTS` ( 
`ID` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, 
// Other stuff
)

CREATE TABLE `INVENTORIES` ( 
`ACCID` INTEGER, 
// Other stuff
)

Undead Wasteland Roleplay - The year is 1996. San Andreas is a wasteland ruled by the undead. the once so glorius landscape of San Andreas, is now a shattered decayed place that is only a vague memory of the world as we used to know it.
Official Live Beta Release Date: 1st of June, 2020
Discord - Website
jasperschellekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/03/2020, 11:57 AM   #5
Symon
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperschellekens View Post
This is absolutaly true. It really depends on the kind of table you are creating.
For example user accounts, you will want to use auto increment so each account has it's own unique ID which it can be identified with. When it comes to a table for example the player's inventory, you don't really need add an auto increment column but instead you go for an column that would in this case hold the user account ID.

Code:
CREATE TABLE `ACCOUNTS` ( 
`ID` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, 
// Other stuff
)

CREATE TABLE `INVENTORIES` ( 
`ACCID` INTEGER, 
// Other stuff
)
That's what i was talking about.

Join The Server (play.symonscnr.com) | Discord | Website/Forum
Choose up from 5 different skills, Con Artist, Drug Dealer, Firefighter, Hitman and Terrorist.
Play as a Civilian or a LEO, bomb buildings/vehicles, rob shops or bank and many many more. Join us!
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/03/2020, 01:36 PM   #6
KamilPolska
Huge Clucker

I understand good. That I use auto increment for player accounts. For other systems I do not want to use auto increment because then I will want to delete something such as ID 4 so it can be 1, 2, 3, 5, 6. Is this a good house system create table mysql?
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `houses` (
`hID` int(11) NOT NULL,
`Owner` varchar(24) DEFAULT 'Not owner',
`Owned` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0',
`Locked` tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0',
`Price` int(11) DEFAULT '0',
`InteriorE` int(11) DEFAULT '0',
`InteriorI` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`ExteriorX` float DEFAULT '0',
`ExteriorY` float DEFAULT '0',
`ExteriorZ` float DEFAULT '0',
`InteriorX` float DEFAULT '0',
`InteriorY` float DEFAULT '0',
`InteriorZ` float DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`hID`))
Old 28/03/2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Calisthenics
High-roller

Why do you care about gaps? I have said it before, ID columns are only there to know which row to update/select from. In this case, `hID` can be and should be auto increment rather than finding which row to fill just for making it to look 'better'. Players do not care if a house ID is 6 or 1000, they just want to buy the house.

As for the design, `Owner` should be foreign key from player accounts table. If you want to know the name of the owner, you can JOIN the tables. If you allow name changes, you will be forced to update EVERY table you store the name of player (again, more work for you). When using foreign keys, there must be an index for userid (it is automatically created in most cases) so searching the houses of a player is also efficient.

If `Owner` is NULL, then it can mean that house is not owned.

Is exterior always at interior ID 0? If it is, you do not need extra column to store it. Is max interior ID 18? TINYINT which can store 0-255 is a good option.
Old 28/03/2020, 02:34 PM   #8
KamilPolska
Huge Clucker

I understand. As for hID, I want to do it without Auto_Increment because if I have hID at 1, 2, 3 and I want to delete hID 2, then next time I create a home, I want it to find free hID, i.e. 2, and this is not auto_increment because there would be 1 ,3, 4 that's why I don't want to use it and it bothers me a lot.. Because I want the game to look hID in order of count, e.g. we have 10 houses, there should be another 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to 10 in the game. Even if I want to remove a house, I want it to find the missing hID. So I have done so when creating a home with hID
Code:
GetHouseID()
{
	for(new i = 1; i < MAX_HOUSES; i++)
	{
		if(!hInfo[i][hIDUsed])
			return i;
	}
	return MAX_HOUSES;
}
Old 28/03/2020, 08:11 PM   #9
KamilPolska
Huge Clucker

Someone would improve my code to be efficient and work very well. I still want to ask if I wrote the code all right. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/M8pP9H5t