SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts

Old 23/05/2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Azhar
Little Clucker

Default Re: Weed system (Grow, plant, give, drop, different type of seeds, different type of weeds, customizable)

That's pretty cool, keep it up.!
Good Job
Old 23/05/2017, 09:01 PM   #12
Logic_
Banned

Default Re: Weed system (Grow, plant, give, drop, different type of seeds, different type of weeds, customizable)

It's pretty good to see the usage of Iterator in such cases. Some tips that you can follow that's easier to read/ write:
  • Instead of using 'var == 0' just use '!var'.
  • Use switch instead of if statements
  • Maybe replace IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint with streamer's circle dyn. area?
  • Using a variable that stores the player name on connect rather than using a function to fetch player name again and again.

Amazing release, you just earned yourself REP += 2;
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/05/2017, 09:44 PM   #13
DRP
Big Clucker

Albanian weed be great for a guy like, in game and of course irl
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/05/2017, 06:44 PM   #14
Spydah
Gangsta

Would've been nicer if you finished this for our newbies who don't understand pawno so much, and maybe a tip if you further develop this or anyone, instead of Jamaican / Albanian weed use real names. Kush, Strawberry Haze, euhh White Widow, go on.

Sexy isn't she?
I don't like +REP askers.
Spydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2017, 02:31 PM   #15
NaS
High-roller

Pretty simple but well done.

There are also single weed plants as Objects, the ones you used are dynamic and destroyable which may be not so nice (unless you add a feature to actually destroy them). The Model ID of the single Weed Plant is 19473 if you care.

What I did on my server was not displaying the Weed plant instantly after planting. Instead, I use some thin bush-like object coming out of the ground which some time later (few hours) grows to an actual weed plant. That's a bit more realistic and a nice mechanic imo.
NaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/05/2017, 07:15 PM   #16
AlexMSK
Banned

Nice brother, repped
<3 shqipe <3
AlexMSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/05/2017, 07:49 PM   #17
KinG7

nice
Old 29/05/2017, 10:05 PM   #18
Private200
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydah View Post
Would've been nicer if you finished this for our newbies who don't understand pawno so much, and maybe a tip if you further develop this or anyone, instead of Jamaican / Albanian weed use real names. Kush, Strawberry Haze, euhh White Widow, go on.
Script has been updated and you can now use real names instead of nationalities. Jamaican and Albanian have been replaced with Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica, while more can be added easily. This is now no longer limited to weed, but anything that can be planted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS View Post
Pretty simple but well done.

There are also single weed plants as Objects, the ones you used are dynamic and destroyable which may be not so nice (unless you add a feature to actually destroy them). The Model ID of the single Weed Plant is 19473 if you care.

What I did on my server was not displaying the Weed plant instantly after planting. Instead, I use some thin bush-like object coming out of the ground which some time later (few hours) grows to an actual weed plant. That's a bit more realistic and a nice mechanic imo.
I did check out the object here and it says the object does not break on hit, nor that it has got collision. I was thinking of making the weed grow, however it would not look good due to the simple fact that the object does make it look bad (especially if planted in hills or such). I will try out this object tomorrow or something and get back to you. If the object looks good and does not disappear once hit, I will certainly update the script and add the growing functionality.

Pastebin link is the same: https://pastebin.com/ZaXqCns0
Private200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2017, 01:05 AM   #19
Cyboorg
Big Clucker

Quote:
C:\Users\SERVER\pawno\include\sscanf2.inc(227) : warning 202: number of arguments does not match definition
C:\Users\SERVER\pawno\include\sscanf2.inc(240) : error 025: function heading differs from prototype
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
Got this.
Cyboorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2017, 02:16 PM   #20
rawenCB
Little Clucker

Look nice, GJ.
rawenCB is offline   Reply With Quote