SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 07/07/2020, 06:15 AM   #1
STORIEL000
Little Clucker

Default Can a 12 year old learn scripting?

Can a 12 year old, like me, learn scripting? I actually like scripting, but it's hard. Is it possible?

P.S. : If you know good things for me to start, easy things or tips, please tell me, it is going to be very helpful! I have a SAMP server, with very few commands, like /heal, /kill, /weapon, /givescore, /givemoney, ect. If you're reading this, have a nice day!
STORIEL000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 11:12 AM   #2
EvilExecutor
Little Clucker

Default Re: Can a 12 year old learn scripting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORIEL000 View Post
Can a 12 year old, like me, learn scripting? I actually like scripting, but it's hard. Is it possible?
Yeah ofc you can learn scripting. What you need is the interest towards it which I see you have. So no reason to wait until you grow older.

There will be some places you get stuck (you can always get help if you are stuck from the SA-MP Community.) but yet I'm sure a 12 year old has a fair enough knowledge to learn scripting and do some complex stuff.

Quote:
If you know good things for me to start, easy things or tips, please tell me, it is going to be very helpful!
About this I started learning not by going through tutorials but downloading and editing scripts published in SA-MP forums. Then took help from the https://wiki.sa-mp.com/ and tutorials to improve those scripts.

But it could differ according to the person so you gotta find your own way. And why not start building the feature or system what you love most step by step? It will give you the required potential to go until the end product!

Good Luck with learning scripting and I'm Sure you will gather a lot of knowledge and experience when you are a grown up.

EvilExecutor.
EvilExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 11:16 AM   #3
coool
Gangsta

Depends on mental health, how is yours?
Old 07/07/2020, 11:18 AM   #4
YouShootIDodge
Big Clucker

I learnt coding at 11/12, you can aswell.
YouShootIDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 12:33 PM   #5
jasperschellekens
High-roller

You need a strong mental health like said above if you want to combat the mental breakdowns that could occur lol
Besides that, age is just a number. Start editing what you already have, that's how I learned it years ago.

Undead Wasteland Roleplay - The year is 1996. San Andreas is a wasteland ruled by the undead. the once so glorius landscape of San Andreas, is now a shattered decayed place that is only a vague memory of the world as we used to know it.
Discord - Website
jasperschellekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 01:11 PM   #6
NealPeteros
Gangsta

You definitely can, learned it at 11. It took me some time, but with dedication and passion, I'm here now.
NealPeteros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 01:55 PM   #7
Eoussama
High-roller

Anyone with a brain can learn to script. Go for it.

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning
Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2020, 02:09 PM   #8
GameOvr
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Can a 12 year old, like me, learn scripting? I actually like scripting, but it's hard. Is it possible?!
Your question is totally wrong... anyone can start to learn scripting at 12. The question comes about the time..how much will you take to hang up with concepts, well that depends on your logical reasoning and thinking patterns, iif you are seeing the relationship between things... and a fast learner.. then it will take a small time like a year. But this will be totally boring, cause failiures happen will be greater than success when you start. So you should have a strict target.. imagine your future server, players playing around happily. Plan it. Work for it.

Quote:
P.S. : If you know good things for me to start, easy things or tips, please tell me, it is going to be very helpful! I have a SAMP server, with very few commands, like /heal, /kill, /weapon, /givescore, /givemoney, ect. If you're reading this, have a nice day
These kinda questions, if you search on forums.. you can really see a bunch of tutorials with detailed answers.
Oh and before asking a question here.. try to do it from the knowledge you have currently. And then search.. compare the solutions. Go with the best and optimized one.
Old 07/07/2020, 02:19 PM   #9
STORIEL000
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOvr View Post
Your question is totally wrong... anyone can start to learn scripting at 12. The question comes about the time..how much will you take to hang up with concepts, well that depends on your logical reasoning and thinking patterns, iif you are seeing the relationship between things... and a fast learner.. then it will take a small time like a year. But this will be totally boring, cause failiures happen will be greater than success when you start. So you should have a strict target.. imagine your future server, players playing around happily. Plan it. Work for it.

These kinda questions, if you search on forums.. you can really see a bunch of tutorials with detailed answers.
Oh and before asking a question here.. try to do it from the knowledge you have currently. And then search.. compare the solutions. Go with the best and optimized one.
Well, for me even the failures are not boring, i always try to see what i am doing wrong, and think about how i can fix it. Even if it takes a year to learn the basics of scripting, i will go for it. Thanks for your answer!
Old 08/07/2020, 12:56 PM   #10
Cell_
Big Clucker

No, sorry. You either have to be 11 or 13 to learn scripting.
Discord: madgenius0#4058
Cell_ is offline   Reply With Quote