SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 30/09/2014, 01:34 AM   #1
Pottus
High-roller

Default Artificially increased player count

I take notice of the other DayZ servers quite regularly to keep competitive you need to see what other people are doing. There is a new server that opened recently that appears to be faking their player count it is really obvious and I will present the evidence of this and ask that steps be taken against them.

SAMP Disclaimer:
http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/SA-MP_Wik...ral_disclaimer
(g) You may not artificially increase your player count or provide false info to the SA-MP query mechanism.

The server in question recently posted an ad it can be found here.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=539029

I really noticed something was going on right away as this server is not on the hosted list and with a player count of over 30 during off peak hours is statistically impossible.

Evidence of this activity.
All level 0's

In game
All consistent low pings it's again statistically impossible.

Last edited by Pottus; 30/09/2014 at 05:49 AM.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 01:38 AM   #2
Potassium
High-roller

Default Re: Artificially increased play count

It's sad that their servers are so terrible that they have to resort to this lol. But posting on a forum full of members who can't do anything about it isn't going to do anything, the correct method to report it is to email team@sa-mp.com
Potassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 01:42 AM   #3
Pottus
High-roller

Default Re: Artificially increased play count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
It's sad that their servers are so terrible that they have to resort to this lol. But posting on a forum full of members who can't do anything about it isn't going to do anything, the correct method to report it is to email team@sa-mp.com
Oh you can bet I will be letting them know but I figured I would post here as well for all to see It really boils my blood that legit server owners work our asses off for some goofs to come along and do this.
Old 30/09/2014, 01:57 AM   #4
TakeiT
Gangsta

Default Re: Artificially increased player count

Is there really anything that can be done? I know they can revoke your license, but that won't stop the server from running.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 01:59 AM   #5
Emmet_

The player count is down to 4 now:

All they did was download Kitten's DayZ script and host it with fake players. It's not competition if you have to fake your player count just to bring in players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT View Post
Is there really anything that can be done? I know they can revoke your license, but that won't stop the server from running.
They can ban the user who posted the advertisement. It could help a little bit, but the idiots will keep doing it anyway.
Old 30/09/2014, 02:19 AM   #6
Pottus
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT View Post
I take it they can ban their IP from the masterlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_ View Post
The player count is down to 4 now:

All they did was download Kitten's DayZ script and host it with fake players. It's not competition if you have to fake your player count just to bring in players.

They can ban the user who posted the advertisement. It could help a little bit, but the idiots will keep doing it anyway.
Well you know that is their attempt to try and compete it's like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum with arms flailing they wanted to get noticed so now they've been noticed.
Old 30/09/2014, 02:27 AM   #7
Joshua1
Huge Clucker

Lol thats just sad. When you log in, you're most likely gonna find out that the players are fake anyhow, so its dumb to even put them on. I know if I joined a server like that I would /q instantly. But whatever, these kids can try to cheat

-Heavy and strict roleplay.
-Realistic economy.
-Mature and professional staff team.
-Experience the fun of roleplaying in the county!

Join Now
Forums - Discord
Joshua1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 02:31 AM   #8
Wutangclan
Big Clucker

Strange. I actually played on the server and didn't even notice this

Last edited by Wutangclan; 30/09/2014 at 03:25 AM.
Wutangclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 03:12 AM   #9
Nato
Little Clucker

Hi there,

So I was just online as an admin for the eDayZ server and I'm in no way an owner for the server but anyway I had this "player" come and message me about this forum post about five minutes after it was posted which seems a tad odd to me to start and nearly three or four minutes after he messaged me these "bots" started joining the server which all have the same ip address as the "player" who talked to me about it.

Now I cannot confirm or deny whether the owner has for some reason got bots to do so, but in my eyes it seems very very unfair for people to openly slate a server without actually knowing if they are faking bots or not.

Now I'm a 22 year old with a full time job who plays on the server just for fun and I'm not interested in getting back into a whole "he said / she said" argument but I will make my efforts to /ban all bots that I can identify whilst online and also pass on the IP addresses of those said bots.

I don't want to point blame at the poster (even though he runs the same game/gamemode) as he may of just joined the server and thought they were bots, but I find it very suspicious and very odd.

So save the hate/blame and maybe even ask the owners before you go out of your way to take blame into your own hands without knowing the full facts.

Will update with further info when I get it.
Nato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 03:31 AM   #10
Monk_Malone
Little Clucker

I was recently (today) recruited into the administration team. [CS]_Frosty to be exact, also known as Human.
I can't say I actually speak on behalf of edayz 7.0 - but I can defiantly inform you of what I've been told.
We also noticed spikes at drastic times with the same connections/possibly bots. This isn't a result of management/staff. It appears it's more than possible that players have been connecting bots them-self. Weather it was an attempt to get us reported. Or an attempt to increase our player-base for us. Or a child thinking that's what a DDOS is (Numerous cases where I've seen that). We've banned all connections related to this and I can assure you we're not intentionally trying to artificially increase our playerbase.

I understand your frustration and reason for naming/shaming. But this isn't the case I'm afraid.

PS: I've attempted to contact you on your server in-game but didn't get a reply. Just letting you know the signature link for "Play Now" isn't working. And I love your zombie bots/npcs BTW.
Monk_Malone is offline   Reply With Quote