SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 30/09/2014, 03:37 AM   #11
Pottus
High-roller

Default Re: Artificially increased player count

I really don't believe any of what you guys are saying it couldn't have been any more blatantly deliberate someone is going to just put a bunch of bots on some random unknown server I really think that is extremely improbable.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 03:42 AM   #12
Monk_Malone
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus View Post
I really don't believe any of what you guys are saying it couldn't have been any more blatantly deliberate.
Well there'll be further investigations I assume and we'll be proven innocent.
You however are really starting to arouse my suspicions. A player claims somebody joined the server - at the same time as the bots. Then insisting it was us. Only for them to leave once this report was posted.

My guess is either you (2) or a friend has done this in an attempt to get us blacklisted. That's what it seems like.
Monk_Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 03:46 AM   #13
Pottus
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk_Malone View Post
Well there'll be further investigations I assume and we'll be proven innocent.
You however are really starting to arouse my suspicions. A player claims somebody joined the server - at the same time as the bots. Then insisting it was us. Only for them to leave once this report was posted.

My guess is either you (2) or a friend has done this in an attempt to get us blacklisted. That's what it seems like.
That is absolutely preposterous I have dignity and credibility and would have absolutely no interest in attacking another server. I also have also made significant contributions towards the SAMP community and would never do anything so childish.
Old 30/09/2014, 04:05 AM   #14
Nato
Little Clucker

Basically this discussion isn't going any further on an open forum I'm afraid.

It's ridiculous how you've decided to go about reporting a server that you have no clue as to whether they are or are not artificially increasing the servers population.

What I can tell you is that slander/hearsay is what I'd say is not a "contribution" as you so put but more of just dogging down your competitions server and yeah of course people are going to think its you who is employing the tactics because you are blatantly advertising your rival server in your signature.

Now I'm not saying you have deployed these bots but I'm also not saying the owner of the server has deployed these bots, BUT I tell you that I've been banning them left right and center so if you think it's fair for someone to come and ridicule a server on an open forum then you think wrong, can you imagine if someone was attacking your server and then had an open forum for people to ridicule you.

Anyway we deny all claims of artificially increasing our server population and also would invite any questions to be asked via PM.
Nato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 04:25 AM   #15
Pottus
High-roller

You guys would really think I would post something like this if I didn't know what I was talking about? There is only one thing left to demonstrate that is those pings are LAN pings the only way to achieve a 15ms ping is if you connect through a LAN server.

Old 30/09/2014, 04:51 AM   #16
Nato
Little Clucker

Quote:
You guys would really think I would post something like this if I didn't know what I was talking about? There is only one thing left to demonstrate that is those pings are LAN pings the only way to achieve a 15ms ping is if you connect through a LAN server.

I'm no expert on how pings/latency works I must admit.

But still you're posting slander/hearsay, which is just detrimental and doesn't get us anywhere.

As too that, we've got various other servers which we could use and I wouldn't see why we would use the same IP address and server to run such a blatently stupid way of gaining players as I've been playing this enough years to know that players will notice immediately that the players aren't real and it also shows the players as not logged in due to their coloured names which you should know as you run the same script or a later version.

Once again I implore you to take this up with SAMP officials instead of hearsay.

I've ******d the exact "hack" that enables this and I suggest you do the same.
Old 30/09/2014, 05:02 AM   #17
Pottus
High-roller

I already let the SAMP officials know of course, but as I have demonstrated the proof is in the pudding you CANNOT achieve a 15ms ping on a a SAMP server without connecting through it on a LAN it is impossible therefore indeed these are LAN connections.

There is no slander here and hearsay? Maybe you should look that word up anyways I have presented the facts you can bet that the experienced members on the forum here know how obvious this is you guys really couldn't have screwed up any worse than this then to try and play stupid is laughable.
Old 30/09/2014, 05:11 AM   #18
Nato
Little Clucker

Quote:
I already let the SAMP officials know of course, but as I have demonstrated the proof is in the pudding you CANNOT achieve a 15ms ping on a a SAMP server without connecting through it on a LAN it is impossible therefore indeed these are LAN connections.

There is no slander here and hearsay? Maybe you should look that word up anyways I have presented the facts you can bet that the experienced members on the forum here know how obvious this is you guys really couldn't have screwed up any worse than this then to try and play stupid is laughable.
I can once again state that you're posting slander/hearsay as you're a un-credited source from a rival server and I myself am also an un-credited source as I'm merely an administrator for the server.

You're literally arguing with someone who has -no- knowledge of what is going on and I've stated that all I can do for you is look into it further when the appropriate people are online and not asleep and all I've done is clearly asked you too cease until the appropriate people can respond.

What will this post even achieve, new players who fall for this bot stuff clearly don't read this forum..
Old 30/09/2014, 05:17 AM   #19
Pottus
High-roller

I'm not arguing dude I explained and it's a clear bust you made 4/5 of your posts on this forum tonight since 2010 to try and cover your ass.
Old 30/09/2014, 05:32 AM   #20
Nato
Little Clucker

Quote:
I'm not arguing dude I explained and it's a clear bust you made 4/5 of your posts on this forum tonight since 2010 to try and cover your ass.
Because I've only ever played on LS-RP ever since the last couple months and have only posted on here because of this thread and only have an account on SA-MP forums because I script..

You can't just openly accuse people based upon made up scenarios in your head, I can prove who I am and where I'm associated thank you very much.

I'm once again only an administrator for the server and now I'm not going to engage you until the owner can deal with it.