SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 08/04/2020, 08:45 PM   #1
MarkNelson
Huge Clucker

Default I got some motivation back and i need your honest opinions/suggestions.

Hello everyone, well i've been inactive for around two years.
I had a server which called Restaurant Deathmatch/Freeroam.
I think some of you played there or heard about it, i used to work hard on the script until i got 11-15/20 players without hosted tab back in 2017. It was a cool experience to be honest .
In 2018 i lost motivation due to lack of administrators and players it has died after all my hard work.
I lost motivation and i got tilted which lead me to closing the project.
Suddenly i've been thinking about re-opening my project and making it better.
Do you guys suggest me to do that in 2020 or it won't work? I don't have that much money buy hosted tab tho. And give me reason tho.
Thanks for taking time to read my topic. Really appreciated i just want you to be honest
Just got back to the forums and samp today
[Filterscript] Mechanic System V0.1 (Improved Version)
Join Frontside RPG/Deathmatch's Discord : https://discord.gg/yYVHqv7
MarkNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 10:17 AM   #2
Art
Little Clucker

Default Re: I got some motivation back and i need your honest opinions/suggestions.

If you got the motivation, and the will of-course it will work.
SA-MP still has alot of players playing, and if you want something to be big, MAKE IT BIG!

Good luck and welcome back
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 12:07 PM   #3
HNIC
Big Clucker

Default Re: I got some motivation back and i need your honest opinions/suggestions.

Sure, you should totally go for it. Reasons?

In the process of running a server/scripting you learn new things, which is always good for you. You can (and probably will) make some new friends with the project. Now, you've ran the server once before. Look in to it, and figure what went wrong and why it died. Try to fix those problems and who knows, it might work out. It's a great time to open a server to be honest, with most of the people being in home quarantine. Worst case scenario is; The server dies, but at least you've learnt something along the way, and made some friends. You got nothing to lose there really. Good luck with the server.
Old 09/04/2020, 02:36 PM   #4
MarkNelson
Huge Clucker

Thanks guys, really appreciated
[Filterscript] Mechanic System V0.1 (Improved Version)
Join Frontside RPG/Deathmatch's Discord : https://discord.gg/yYVHqv7
MarkNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 02:45 PM   #5
Deflect
Little Clucker

If you're motivated, then you for sure should go ahead with it!

All you need for a server is motivation and you'll get somewhere.
Best of luck my dude, see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deflect
Wait for me.
+REP if I help you.
Deflect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 03:02 PM   #6
Hazon
Huge Clucker

I doubt you will succed even without hosted tab.
Hazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 08:01 PM   #7
Renisal
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNIC View Post
In the process of running a server/scripting you learn new things, which is always good for you. You can (and probably will) make some new friends with the project. Now, you've ran the server once before. Look in to it, and figure what went wrong and why it died. Try to fix those problems and who knows, it might work out. It's a great time to open a server to be honest, with most of the people being in home quarantine. Worst case scenario is; The server dies, but at least you've learnt something along the way, and made some friends. You got nothing to lose there really. Good luck with the server.

And these days, even servers without hosted tab manages to hit 30 players peak easily, one of the example is my community.

And when you lack motivation, just think why you started it.

Best of luck!

https://www.mumbaigaming.com
Opening soon! Sat, 11th July 12PM UTC!
Renisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 09:17 PM   #8
[NRG]Dark
Big Clucker

My server has started in 2010, stoped in 2016 and now I'm back.. Actually, I back since last week, and I have to say: It's being a big deal! Strugling to keep 2-6 players on (always 80-100 players in 2016, anytime)... And the reason: You have to pay money to keep your server at Hosted tab.. Internet tab is "Wit problems".. That hit my brain to think everything is about making money... I cannot see the great development team saying: OMG, we cannot deal with this internet tab listing...

But, Here I am trying, and you should do it.. If you really like your server..
[NRG]Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 09:45 PM   #9
jasperschellekens
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NRG]Dark View Post
My server has started in 2010, stoped in 2016 and now I'm back.. Actually, I back since last week, and I have to say: It's being a big deal! Strugling to keep 2-6 players on (always 80-100 players in 2016, anytime)... And the reason: You have to pay money to keep your server at Hosted tab.. Internet tab is "Wit problems".. That hit my brain to think everything is about making money... I cannot see the great development team saying: OMG, we cannot deal with this internet tab listing...

But, Here I am trying, and you should do it.. If you really like your server..
Popular servers don't even rely on a hosted tab or any other listing. This will only increase the flow of new players. It is up to you as server owner to make these players stay. If you only have 2-6 players online, this has nothing to do with being on hosted tab but you are just doing something wrong as a server owner.

Undead Wasteland Roleplay - The year is 1996. San Andreas is a wasteland ruled by the undead. the once so glorius landscape of San Andreas, is now a shattered decayed place that is only a vague memory of the world as we used to know it.
Discord - Website
jasperschellekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2020, 10:28 PM   #10
Symon
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon View Post
Work hard, play hard. Hard work always pay off. You need patience, the first months you'll see your server always empty or with low players, that's normal. The MAIN thing is to NEVER give up. That's an advice that i want to give to everyone who wants to start a server.

Results comes with time, and you need patience, a lot of patience. Players will join and leave, join and leave. What is more important is the loyalty and the trust you build, because it can open you a world of doors.
Just my two cents.
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote