Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 11/09/2018, 01:15 PM   #91
BloodyEric
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Screenshots & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I'd block utube/goggle on any site I run. I think that answers the question.

In order to post comments on utube, you need an account, and in order to get an account you need to give them your phone number.

How would you guys feel if I started asking for your phone number to post on SA-MP forum?

What about requiring phone number to play SA-MP? lol
Sorry, you are wrong here. You can create an account on utube without entering the phone number, its optional. I just tested it.
Old 11/09/2018, 01:17 PM   #92
isabe11a
Banned

Quote:

In order to post comments on utube, you need an account, and in order to get an account you need to give them your phone number.

How would you guys feel if I started asking for your phone number to post on SA-MP forum?

Wow, congratulations

You know SAMP is just a mod right? not a big deal. 1e100's policy of requiring a phone number is great ( for me ) because there will be less ( not 100% but the most ) bot accounts in their platform

It's their product and I bet themselves are nothing without their customers, and same applies here

Oh and don't forget to block g-drive links too.
Old 11/09/2018, 01:23 PM   #93
Romz
High-roller

Thumbs up Re: Screenshots & Videos

Quote:

This is a very good idea. I think that with this approach people will stop creating fake accounts, and there will be fewer cheaters in the game.
Old 11/09/2018, 01:41 PM   #94
BiosMarcel
High-roller

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY
Old 11/09/2018, 01:43 PM   #95
userid
Little Clucker

Quote:

I think phone number is optional, I have ****** accounts without phone number asociated
Anyway is like an email, its very easy create a fake phonenumber
Old 11/09/2018, 01:47 PM   #96
Y_Less
Beta Tester

Quote:
I keep this site online since people still want to play. The mod could be developed further but I have to rely on feedback from English server owners, and those servers arenít being developed as much anymore. GTA:SA is getting old.

We were given permission by R* North to create MP mods for the GTA3 series. But I donít think anyone, including them, thought these mods could go on for so long. I think theyíd prefer MP mods die off and players move over to GTA:O. Thatís why Iím not handing this mod over to someone else.

SA-MP is on the home stretch. Everyone knows it.
There are still many people who want to play, and many people who believe there is still life in the mod. There are other people qualified to take over and run things, even within the original vision and limitations of the mod. The two of us discussed this years ago and I wasnít willing/able to at the time - but things change and I regret that decision.

Plus there is all the Russian community that is still going strong. I know you donít have much interaction with that side, but again other people do - they are there and crying out for updates.

I know weíve never been close, but I think Iíve proven myself more than capable and dedicated (minor hiccups excluded). On the other hand, if you want ďanyone but meĒ, at least make it someone - I can think of a list of capable people off the top of my head to run things. If you donít want to continue, thatís fine. No-one expects anyone to keep doing the same thing forever, but please donít pull everything else down with you (like I did, it was a mistake).
Old 11/09/2018, 01:59 PM   #97
Dignity
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less View Post
There are still many people who want to play, and many people who believe there is still life in the mod. There are other people qualified to take over and run things, even within the original vision and limitations of the mod. The two of us discussed this years ago and I wasnít willing/able to at the time - but things change and I regret that decision.

Plus there is all the Russian community that is still going strong. I know you donít have much interaction with that side, but again other people do - they are there and crying out for updates.

I know weíve never been close, but I think Iíve proven myself more than capable and dedicated (minor hiccups excluded). On the other hand, if you want ďanyone but meĒ, at least make it someone - I can think of a list of capable people off the top of my head to run things. If you donít want to continue, thatís fine. No-one expects anyone to keep doing the same thing forever, but please donít pull everything else down with you (like I did, it was a mistake).
This.

I've always been very passionate about your mod and a lot of other people as well. If Rockstar North really had any concerns against this mod, they would already have been voiced.

It's no surprise that you want to throw in the towel, Kalcor, after all you've been investing your time for years on the end. Nobody blames you for being bored of it but at least give someone else the chance to continue it.
Old 11/09/2018, 02:01 PM   #98
linuxthefish
High-roller

Ok it's settled then, Y_Less will run SA-MP?
Old 11/09/2018, 02:04 PM   #99
Zeth
Gangsta

Y_Less for President.
Old 11/09/2018, 02:17 PM   #100
[HLF]Southclaw
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less View Post

I wholeheartedly agree. I've said for years that SA:MP is a fantastic platform for introducing people to the basics of programming, and I've seen many younger people start, learn and progress in software development just because of SA:MP.

People here still care enough to carry on what you started. I personally don't care how you run your forum and websites, none of that bothers me in the slightest because you're well within your right to do so. What does bother me is the sentiment that "SA:MP is dying" which has been echoed for years and never really been realised.

Plugins:

Links:

Closed Thread