SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 18/11/2019, 11:49 AM   #11
UM
Big Clucker

Default Re: How don't screw up project

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoffky View Post
Hiring professionals doesn't make a good server. You need strong knowledge of management and persistance to get anywhere.
Yes, it's very important, but professional team like scripters, mappers and webdevelopers have to be too
UM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/11/2019, 09:42 PM   #12
UM
Big Clucker

Something like svn or dropbox will be good to check scripter progress, is he really have knowdledge, generally check this scripter et cetera?
Old 19/11/2019, 11:36 PM   #13
foxcovitsch
Little Clucker

i've ran servers with and without teams for over 10 years so here's some advice:

- your code doesn't matter, your server can be copied in a matter of days with a notepad and pen and probably re-implemented in a better way since the copier has a clean slate to work from and not months/years of technical debt
- use git, not svn not ****** drive not dropbox, use git. it's the industry standard and if you want to get a job wriiting code in the future you need to know git, period. BitBucket, GitHub and GitLab both provide free repositories for small teams so use them!!
- community is number one, features are number two - that's all that really matters, like in point 1, your gamemode can be copied just by looking at it, your relationships with your staff and players are what will actually make you grow
- code still matters in the long term, so learn how to write it well! don't learn Pawn, learn *how to write software* and apply those skills to pawn!

hope that helps, 10 years of pawn and other stuff in this community/mod got me nice paying jobs so maybe it'll do the same for you if you play your cards right, good lukc with your project!!

x

foxcovitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/11/2019, 01:40 PM   #14
UM
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcovitsch View Post
i've ran servers with and without teams for over 10 years so here's some advice:

- your code doesn't matter, your server can be copied in a matter of days with a notepad and pen and probably re-implemented in a better way since the copier has a clean slate to work from and not months/years of technical debt
- use git, not svn not ****** drive not dropbox, use git. it's the industry standard and if you want to get a job wriiting code in the future you need to know git, period. BitBucket, GitHub and GitLab both provide free repositories for small teams so use them!!
- community is number one, features are number two - that's all that really matters, like in point 1, your gamemode can be copied just by looking at it, your relationships with your staff and players are what will actually make you grow
- code still matters in the long term, so learn how to write it well! don't learn Pawn, learn *how to write software* and apply those skills to pawn!

hope that helps, 10 years of pawn and other stuff in this community/mod got me nice paying jobs so maybe it'll do the same for you if you play your cards right, good lukc with your project!!
If I want control my team, what they do, are they doing his works et cetera, I have to use BitBucket, GitLab or GitHub?