SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 06/01/2018, 10:57 AM   #11
KayJ
Gangsta

Default Re: Q: Practices for the best server administration possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr View Post
no he meant people over 18
They're mature though :P

[Filterscript] Position - Save, Load & Delete [Y_INI] [ZCMD]
[Include] InfoText TextDraw
KayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2018, 11:11 AM   #12
]Kurence[
Banned

Quote:
no he meant people over 18
No, he meant people above the age of consent ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
]Kurence[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2018, 01:48 PM   #13
TakeiT
Gangsta

If someone asks to be an admin, they’re not admin material. I only hire admins that are hand picked, and I pick them by their involvement in the server, whether it be contributions in other staff teams, led a strong faction for a long period of time or whatever else. Have a strict and clear set of procedures as well, take the guess work out of it. An admin’s job should be to help a player in need or resolve a conflict, not to just flat out ban people for everything, because really, what does that solve? If it was for something stupid chances are they and all their clan are just going to leave. Also have training sessions for all admins so they know exactly what they’re doing. The most important in my opinion is to make sure all staff is on the same level as a regular player. They should be rewarded for their contributions but not treated like they’re better than anyone else. Another thing is to assign roles to each admin, and let that admin handle that role. For example, while I own the server, there is another admin who is in charge of factions. Anyone coming to me with faction requests gets forwarded to him, even though I may have the power to do it.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2018, 07:29 PM   #14
Konverse
High-roller

Someone who knows what they're doing, mature, fluent enough in English, helpful, respectful, and responsible enough.

OPTIONAL: Someone who knows how to speak multiple language and knows how to deal with problems.
Konverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2018, 05:38 PM   #15
Xhizors
Big Clucker

Servers with lot of admins is bullshit.
Less is more..
Xhizors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2018, 06:30 PM   #16
Hunud
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors View Post
Servers with lot of admins is bullshit.
Less is more..
Less Admins - > Their inactive - > Cheaters takes the part in the server - > Players crying 'admin pls ban' - > Total mess - > Boom!!!!!!!!
Hunud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2018, 09:29 PM   #17
R4nd4ll
Huge Clucker

Be a boss on your admin, Not a "Bro", Friend, Bitch, Prostitute whatever. (But dont rape them tho)

Be strict, Don't give them the chance to think that you're going to forgive immature acts, abusing etc...

You should let them know that they're admins to work, not to have some cool ass tags\titles on forums and IG and have access to some kickass commands that they can use it whenever they are in the mood to.

Also, Be sure to use the divisions system, and punish anyone who interferes in another admin's division.
The only ones who are allowed to do it are the management team and the admin personnel director\manager.
Old 08/01/2018, 04:58 AM   #18
GangstaSunny.
Huge Clucker

I do not recommend to log admin commands to check if your staff is abusing or not. As soon as they know that, there will no longer be the same loyality between you and them.

1) Experience
Be sure that your new staff member got enough experience. This not means that he need to know every godfather admin command. It simply means that he can answer simple questions about GTA SA and SA-MP. Server-side & client side. Your admins should have technical base knowledge and understand the difference between client and server mistakes.

2) Experience about your project
Knowing your community, knowing your gamemode, teamspeak and forums software. And also: knowing thier and your mistakes and how to fix them both! I would never create a server with random guys from the internet!

3) Think for your community
A pretty good friend was a supporter for more than 3 years (2013 - 2016). He never asked for a higher rank, he never made mistakes without saying sorry and fixing them. He wa pretty good, damn... pretty good! But, only as supporter. He didnt knew the database software we were working with, the panel we used to control user accounts, the entrys we made to know what's next and so on. He firstly started looking behind the scences at the beginning of 2016. He learned verry fast. In the middle of 2016 we had a problem with massive ddos attacks. He asked for the iptables. I never heard this word from him before. I told him to set it up and he did. Darling... welcome as an Administrator!

What i realy want to say is, do never take guys you dont trust and who do not know your community. Also only give ranks if they are experienced enough, even if they need to wait 1 billion years.

greetz
Old 08/01/2018, 05:51 AM   #19
DTV
Gangsta

Quote:
now i wonder what's unfair here
I think it makes sense since idk, they're kids? Would you trust a kid to manage your coworkers at the office?

DTV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2018, 07:30 AM   #20
]Kurence[
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV View Post
I think it makes sense since idk, they're kids? Would you trust a kid to manage your coworkers at the office?
Its unfair when the owner is a kid too
]Kurence[ is offline   Reply With Quote