SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Help Archive

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20/04/2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Ben7544
Big Clucker
 
Ben7544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94
Reputation: 0
Default How to make my server successfull?

Well, hello.

I'm about to make an RP server, and I want to ask some veteran scripters, what mode should I edit to make my server successfull.
What features should I make?
What factions should I make?
What city is the most successfull for RolePlay servers.

Best regards,
Ben7544.
Ben7544 is offline  
Old 20/04/2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Haxarr
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
Reputation: 2
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Well, I'm not a scripter though I do have a huge amount of experience with roleplay servers. I know what I'm about to say may sound stupid, but it's true:
The SA-RP script is a well known editable script what every player is familiar with. If your staff are chose right and your community is friendly. Then your server will be successfull overtime. It just takes time to get loyal players.
Haxarr is offline  
Old 20/04/2011, 07:33 PM   #3
xRyder
Huge Clucker
 
xRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right above you.
Posts: 371
Reputation: 0
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben7544 View Post
what mode should I edit to make my server successfull.
I'll have to disappoint you right away. If you're going to edit some GF or something like that, your most likely gonna fail...So... Enter pawno and press Ctrl+N and start coding...
Be original. That's the only thing what people are looking for in SA:MP servers.
xRyder is offline  
Old 20/04/2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Ben7544
Big Clucker
 
Ben7544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94
Reputation: 0
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Thank you.
I still consider what mode should I edit, couldn't find any 'Sa-Rp' before, mind to give me its link?

Edit :

Well, about the Control+N thingy.
It'll take me about 2 months to make an BASED ROLEPLAY mode.

So, I prefer to not make my own gamemode, but I'm about to edit about 3 months the currently mode.
Ben7544 is offline  
Old 20/04/2011, 07:57 PM   #5
admantis
High-roller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,524
Reputation: 449
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

It's most likely impossible. The ammount of RP servers (most of them godfather edits handled by nine years old pre-mature kids) is outrageous and your server will look like 'oh, not ANOTHER rp server which is empty'. So for your own good, join one where you can have fun, or you can do the sacrifice (and you will go thru VERY HARD stages to get players) and give it a try.

It's a fact that the most unique scripts don't get any credits for their effort and their playerbase is sadly, but truthful, very low.
admantis is offline  
Old 20/04/2011, 08:25 PM   #6
xRyder
Huge Clucker
 
xRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right above you.
Posts: 371
Reputation: 0
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admantis View Post
It's a fact that the most unique scripts don't get any credits for their effort and their playerbase is sadly, but truthful, very low.
Couldn't agree more with you.
xRyder is offline  
Old 21/04/2011, 01:52 AM   #7
grand.Theft.Otto
High-roller
 
grand.Theft.Otto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,059
Reputation: 65
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Start learning Pawn language.

My server is 95% completely from scratch, the other 5% are some filterscripts I use in my gamemode.

Trust me, you won't regret making your own script, rather than editing someone's noob ass script.
__________________


grand.Theft.Otto is offline  
Old 21/04/2011, 02:26 AM   #8
jonnyboy
Huge Clucker
 
jonnyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 410
Reputation: 3
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand.Theft.Otto View Post
Start learning Pawn language.

My server is 95% completely from scratch, the other 5% are some filterscripts I use in my gamemode.

Trust me, you won't regret making your own script, rather than editing someone's noob ass script.
ye.

example of a noob ass script (some what a joke)
pawn Code:
#define COLOR_NOOB 0xAFAFAFAA
#define noob [MaxPlayers]

new noob

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    SendPlayerMessage(playerid, COLOR_NOOB, "Welcome %s to this noob server!", name);
    noobPlayer(playerid, noob, name, sizeof(name));
    noobStats(playerid, noob, stats, sizeof(stats));
    noobKills(playerid, noob, Kills, sizeof(kills));
    Format(ConnectMsg, 100, "%s [ID: %i] Is a good damn noob!", name, playerid);
    SendPlayerMessage(player, COLOR_NOOB, "Please don't come back again!");
    kick(playerid)
    return 1;
}

edit:

lol i don't even know why i made that
__________________

Special thanks to [GMS]toX.
jonnyboy is offline  
Old 21/04/2011, 03:03 AM   #9
peterRook
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 32
Reputation: 0
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

it wouldnt even work im no scripting pro but several things in that snipper need to be defined and one needs to be forwarded xD
peterRook is offline  
Old 21/04/2011, 03:35 AM   #10
Backwardsman97
High-roller
 
Backwardsman97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,501
Reputation: 36
Default Re: How to make my server successfull?

I think there's still possibility for a good RP. People like freedom that can't be abused. Players want to be able to do what they want within a certain boundary. If you sat down and covered the basics of it and then pulled out some new stuff, it could be fun.
Backwardsman97 is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make a server **Help** =SR=Tony Server Support 13 25/05/2011 06:37 PM
Make A Server Vi3t102 Client Support 0 05/01/2011 11:56 PM
how to make sa-mp server? BumpingCola Client Support 1 26/02/2010 03:50 AM
About to make a new server Holden_Caulfield General 4 14/05/2009 01:17 PM
How to make an rp server Johnny_Wilsson Server Support 1 22/12/2008 01:07 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.