SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 16/06/2018, 02:55 AM   #1
Akeem
Big Clucker

Default Do you guys think samp will ever die?

So recently i have noticed to high end servers have beening losing players, i don't know if there going to other servers or leaving samp all together. So what do you guys think, will samp ever die? If yes how long more do you think it will last?
Old 16/06/2018, 03:01 AM   #2
Awide
Big Clucker

Default Re: Do you guys think samp will ever die?

No way.
Old 16/06/2018, 03:07 AM   #3
cuber
Gangsta

Thumbs down Re: Do you guys think samp will ever die?

> "high end servers" are losing players;
> OMG WILL SAMP DIE?!?!?!

FFS, that mentality. And what's with the "high end servers"?
Old 16/06/2018, 03:19 AM   #4
Uproar
Huge Clucker

Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
Old 16/06/2018, 10:10 AM   #5
Calgon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar View Post
Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.
Old 16/06/2018, 03:20 PM   #6
aymel
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.
For you to start running again
We just could've been friends
But you decided to hurt me
Decided to hurt me

Old 17/06/2018, 04:38 AM   #7
Sneakerhead
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post

This.
Old 16/06/2018, 03:26 PM   #8
Zeth
Huge Clucker

Quote:

I dont know but the thing which you call hype was just between some 20-30 players which were from different timezones and therefore having players of average 2-3.
If you put effort and dont give up within just 2-3 days, it can work.
and by closing of your server, you made those players think that new servers open and close every week and therefore dont expect them to join a new server again.
Old 16/06/2018, 04:03 PM   #9
Uproar
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
I dont know but the thing which you call hype was just between some 20-30 players which were from different timezones and therefore having players of average 2-3.
If you put effort and dont give up within just 2-3 days, it can work.
and by closing of your server, you made those players think that new servers open and close every week and therefore dont expect them to join a new server again.
Did you read the closing note? I resigned at the end because I had less time to dedicate to it. Mabel was still an owner but she wanted to close it, I just announced it
Old 16/06/2018, 04:09 PM   #10
Zeth
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Did you read the closing note? I resigned at the end because I had less time to dedicate to it. Mabel was still an owner but she wanted to close it, I just announced it
I did.

Here's what you wrote.
I dont have anything to with SA:MP anymore basically, it's dead.

Last edited by Zeth; 17/06/2018 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread