SA-MP 0.3.9 wow It's true?
Yes.
Old 25/10/2019, 02:04 PM   #122
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUA View Post
I disagree coz leaked code helped me to figure out some client-side performance issues and fix some bugs but the problem is you don't listen to community so peaple have no chance to improve samp but hurt it. I've tried to report you issues I found (some of them improve client performance dramatically without huge changes in codebase) but no feedback from you. It's not only about me, I know few people with the same intention and they didn't succeed too.
I don't remember any reports from you. Also, pretty sure I checked your github and found links to so-beit.

A lot of the so-beit features are added to annoy other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe View Post
Alright. But when you want to do this, why not doing the 0.3.9 from 0.3.DL? There would be more benefits in that, both for players and servers, in my opinion.
DL isn't finished. I have no contact with DL servers. I don't see much interest in DL development. Voluntary adoption of DL has been low. There might be more players on 0.3e.
Old 25/10/2019, 02:11 PM   #123
Kroc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I don't remember any reports from you. Also, pretty sure I checked your github and found links to so-beit.

DL isn't finished. I have no contact with DL servers. I don't see much interest in DL development. Voluntary adoption of DL has been low. There might be more players on 0.3e.
Make 0.3.9 the main version. Add new skin models, security update, new TextDraws.
Old 25/10/2019, 02:11 PM   #124
niCe
Huge Clucker

Quote:
What precisely isn't finished? You mean the custom vehicles and weapons? In my opinion, what DL offers now is sufficient.

I personally have interest in DL development, I started a 0.3.DL server, which has current daily peak of 40-50 online players. If 0.3.9 with DL features was released, I wouldn't hesitate to move all my servers to 0.3.9 - currently we have daily peak of 500-600 online players on 0.3.7 servers.

Some DL features on our 0.3.DL server:

Controllable yacht from Vice City:

There are over 50 features on my 0.3.DL server using DL models. The great thing is we can restore a lot of things from GTA: SA Beta Version:

And there could be more cool features to be scripted, for example I would certainly try to script a tennis minigame.

- Pool, basketball, golf, Poker Texas Holdem, races and other minigames
- Video game QUB3D
- Roulette, blackjack, slots, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ
- Organizations and offices
- Missions from Big Smoke, Sweet, Zero, Cesar or Woozie!
- Gang wars
- More than 30 jobs (police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet, pizza-boy and more)
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and more
Watch the TRAILER
Servers are hosted at Evolution Host

Last edited by niCe; 25/10/2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 25/10/2019, 02:15 PM   #125
zowzow
Little Clucker

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=659441

Hope you fix this too in the next update I hate this issue so much and I don't wanna use plugin because of this
Old 25/10/2019, 02:16 PM   #126
Jay_
Gangsta

If cheaters and hackers are your main concern, what about making some kind of cloud based cheat detector tool, something similar to what aru made in 2007 with SAC, and open source that?
Old 25/10/2019, 02:21 PM   #127
BlackDeth310CPT
Little Clucker

Hello Kalcor,

Yes, please push a security update for SA-MP & take your time. I have been playing a server since 2010 & the Server Owner has quit SA-MP entirely without notice & no longer updates his ancient anticheat system or allows anyone to update it (he's a SA-MP beta tester and you once mentioned his server in an old interview).

Thank you and SA-MP team for this mod! <3
Old 25/10/2019, 02:25 PM   #128
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe View Post
What precisely isn't finished? You mean the custom vehicles and weapons? I guess what DL offers now is sufficient, at least for me.
Adding downloads from the server is a big change. We're feeding those downloads to a game which I don't have source for. There are a bunch of security considerations. I wrote several thousand lines of code for security checks, but it needs more validation. Players really have to want this feature for it to be worth adding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
If cheaters and hackers are your main concern, what about making some kind of auto updating cheat detector, something similar to what aru made in 2007 with SAC, and open source that?
I don't like auto-updating software because it takes some of the choice away from the end user. And SAC was a failure anyway, the player count was stuck at 4000 until I removed it.

Also, I forgot to mention that running an AC service means that's another thing SA-MP is responsible for updating. And if the site goes down, it could break servers.
Old 25/10/2019, 02:31 PM   #129
NarutoUA
Little Clucker

Quote:

It was in a topic which is removed now about russian android samp, you appeared here after a long time of silence so I wrote here a few statements about my resamp project and as example the most easiest to fix but the most unoptimized things I found. You might miss them and I dont judge you but some other people (SAMP Addon owner) reported you their findings and still no response or fixes of them.

What about so-beit, I was involved in updating it from 037 to 03DL and one of the reasons I did it to motivate you to update 03DL and fix it (03dl is really broken and I think this is a reason it's not a main release and not merged with 037).

0.3.9 won't solve anything because a lot of people can RE samp today and new easier ways of discovering offsets/addresses/packet ids were found so it would take few weeks to update most of the annoying cheats to the newest version. Even more, it's not even necessary to update them, people could just add missing code to old 0.3.7 and make it compatible with 0.3.9.

If you are still interested in reporting issues, I could do that via email (your PM is closed).
Old 25/10/2019, 02:35 PM   #130
Jay_
Gangsta

If you're going to call it day, it would be nice to at least go out with some kind of bang. Stick a server online for a weekend, post it on the forum and get everyone to join and let's have one last "public beta" like the good ol' days.

Last edited by Jay_; 26/10/2019 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread