SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 16/06/2018, 02:55 AM   #1
Akeem
Big Clucker

Default Do you guys think samp will ever die?

So recently i have noticed to high end servers have beening losing players, i don't know if there going to other servers or leaving samp all together. So what do you guys think, will samp ever die? If yes how long more do you think it will last?
Old 16/06/2018, 03:01 AM   #2
Awide
Big Clucker

Default Re: Do you guys think samp will ever die?

No way.
Old 16/06/2018, 03:07 AM   #3
cuber
Gangsta

Thumbs down Re: Do you guys think samp will ever die?

> "high end servers" are losing players;
> OMG WILL SAMP DIE?!?!?!

FFS, that mentality. And what's with the "high end servers"?
Old 16/06/2018, 03:19 AM   #4
Uproar
Huge Clucker

Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
Old 16/06/2018, 03:47 AM   #5
cuber
Gangsta

Even if SA-MP "dies", it did last long enough.
Old 16/06/2018, 06:01 AM   #6
Ultraz
Huge Clucker

I don't think so, we lost most of our players because we weren't having any updates and there's many more multiplayer games released for players with high graphics, else as cuber said; it did last long enough, In my case; I was thinking it's my server problem but i went to script daily to make server more better but i was just increasing 3/4 players. Maybe we're not losing, maybe our players just changing version to the new one (0.3D) so we cant find them on 0.3.7.
In southclaws's site for sa-mp servers it says at my current time there is 33k+ players so i don't think we will die with this playersbase.
Old 16/06/2018, 07:31 AM   #7
KaryM4Life

SA-MP has reached the end of its rise, And yes of course it will die just like any other game.

Old 16/06/2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Verc
Banned

yes it will die.
Old 16/06/2018, 10:10 AM   #9
Calgon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar View Post
Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.
Old 16/06/2018, 10:51 AM   #10
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller

Yes, it will die. Just like you, just like me, just like this entire planet, just like the sun, just like every motherfucking thing in this universe.

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me
"And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject." - me

Closed Thread