SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 19/06/2019, 10:24 AM   #1
jamesbowers
Little Clucker

Default SA-MP Map Stealers

I just found out (yesterday) that "map stealers" exist allowing random players to steal your entire maps. After working on some new maps the past week (+8 hours in total) this discovery wasn't a happy one. Especially since there's literally nothing you can do to guard your server against this.

Man this is frustrating. People are even compiling the objects of servers together in rar files and sharing them across the web..
I stumbled upon one of the map stealer's forum and some script kiddo had compiled objects of xSF (xTreme Stunt Freeroam), PartyServer, GamerX,...

I also asked on the SA-MP forums if there is anything you can do to prevent this from happening, but sadly the answer was no.
jamesbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/06/2019, 10:29 AM   #2
SytonicX
Big Clucker

Default Re: SA-MP Map Stealers

That's seriously bad to see but I have seen people doing that nowadays a lot... I think they can create something like a restriction for each mapping created and it's all should be according to the first creator of the mapping. Either they want it shared or no. And then whenever their mappings have been seen around without their permission, they can post a report on that specific server for using a mapping without the permission from the owner of the mapping.
" Plagiarism "