Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 21/06/2013, 10:16 AM   #21
Potassium
High-roller

Default Re: Interesting Viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny. View Post
Well, I wanted to make myself clear. A few dots aren't clear imo, and everyone knows this cheat-tool anyway.
Making something a taboo doesn't help solving it. That has been proven many times both in real life as on the interwebz. I don't see how an opinion like that has any relation to my intelligency, please be more careful formulating conclusions.
Your response is irrelevant to mine, as my point was that the admins have censored the word for a reason and you are intentionally going against that. It's not up to you.
Old 21/06/2013, 10:53 AM   #22
Scaleta
Big Clucker

This topic is heading off of it's intended course. I suggest it be closed. I appreciate everyone's comments, thank you.

Conclusion - There are multiple security issues that might come out of the release, but also the possibility of closed off communities that you might find elsewhere. (thus, limiting the overall players in regular.) Among other things, I think it's best left as-is.
Old 21/06/2013, 02:43 PM   #23
Gryphus One
Gangsta

Default Respuesta: Re: Interesting Viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
Why is it closed source? Simple. Security reasons. If we went open source there would be lots of new cheats and exploits. No thanks.
But MTA is open source and despite this, the well known cheat mod (whose name I won't mention) doesn't work in MTA. Probably it's like Windows operating system being closed source and having many more viruses than Linux which is open source. This is because despite open source making it easier for hackers to find exploits, it also allows all the good people out there to fix those vulnerabilities.

A reason that has much more weight to me for sa-mp to be closed source, is that making it open source might lead to a lot of forks being made by hundreds of people, just like Linux has countless distributions.
compilar es guardar, pero solo que el pawno te dice los errores cometidos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio_Ganza View Post
Oh and yes, why should I be ashamed? Because of people that are behind their PCs like 24/7, with 120 kilograms up their ass in 15 years of age? Give me a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw View Post
like he seid my brother tried & he's head esploded hes in hospital i recommend u not to do it
Old 21/06/2013, 02:57 PM   #24
V1ceC1ty
Banned

Default Re: Respuesta: Re: Interesting Viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny. View Post
Well, I wanted to make myself clear. A few dots aren't clear imo, and everyone knows this cheat-tool anyway.
Making something a taboo doesn't help solving it. That has been proven many times both in real life as on the interwebz. I don't see how an opinion like that has any relation to my intelligency, please be more careful formulating conclusions.
It's censored for a reason, not because they found it fun to stop people saying it. "intelligency" is also not a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus One View Post
But MTA is open source and despite this, the well known cheat mod (whose name I won't mention) doesn't work in MTA. Probably it's like Windows operating system being closed source and having many more viruses than Linux which is open source. This is because despite open source making it easier for hackers to find exploits, it also allows all the good people out there to fix those vulnerabilities.

A reason that has much more weight to me for sa-mp to be closed source, is that making it open source might lead to a lot of forks being made by hundreds of people, just like Linux has countless distributions.
But again; look at the userbase of Windows compared to Linux. To be honest I really don't care which direction SA-MP will ever go. As long as the player-base stays where it's at and keeps climbing.
Old 21/06/2013, 03:25 PM   #25
kaisersouse
High-roller

I think this discussion has run its course...