SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 23/04/2014, 10:34 AM   #1
doreto
High-roller

Question pros and cons of having master account - ingame

Can someone tell me pros and cons of having masters account (in-game),each containing character slots. One of the pros is not having to make several account and you can easily remember it, but cons is that this can be "exploited" in way that will bring more resources (money,scores or other values) than normally.
What are you pros and cons of having one master account with character slots?

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
That's kind of hypocritical of you to say. Sure you own the website, but it's not your personal blog or something - it's a community driven forum. The community should be the primary focus, not your personal agendas. Just like you don't get SA-MP without internet, you don't get SA-MP forums without community.

Just wiping out years worth of people's work and creations posted on that board because a bunch of people bypassed your Tube ban is absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen View Post
"tube sucks cause they delete 6 years old videos for no reason!"

*deletes every single video ever posted here in 12 years*
doreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/04/2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Ari
Banned

Default Re: pros and cons of having master account - ingame

Not correct unless you for some reason create the system that way (I have no idea why you would)

Each account has seperate statistics but is connected to an account based of email (or username) which allows easier managment, the ability to link accounts to a main one and easier distribution of information to players (via email, ect)

There are more pro's and I actually see no cons if done right.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/04/2014, 03:07 PM   #3
doreto
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vule. View Post
idk men!!!11111
Why did you post if you aren't going to say anything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Not correct unless you for some reason create the system that way (I have no idea why you would)
I was queries how this will work in gta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Each account has seperate statistics but is connected to an account based of email (or username) which allows easier managment, the ability to link accounts to a main one and easier distribution of information to players (via email, ect)

There are more pro's and I actually see no cons if done right.
Can you list some of the pros you thing in “system” like this ?

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
That's kind of hypocritical of you to say. Sure you own the website, but it's not your personal blog or something - it's a community driven forum. The community should be the primary focus, not your personal agendas. Just like you don't get SA-MP without internet, you don't get SA-MP forums without community.

Just wiping out years worth of people's work and creations posted on that board because a bunch of people bypassed your Tube ban is absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen View Post
"tube sucks cause they delete 6 years old videos for no reason!"

*deletes every single video ever posted here in 12 years*
doreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/04/2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Luis-
High-roller

I have no cons of the master account system, in fact I use it on my server. Makes things to much easier and simpler imo.
Old 25/04/2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Ari
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreto View Post
Why did you post if you aren't going to say anything ?

I was queries how this will work in gta.

Can you list some of the pros you thing in “system” like this ?
Did you read my post, at all?
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/04/2014, 02:20 PM   #6
admantis
High-roller

pros -
You can log in the server with the same name and switch between differently named characters.

Administration becomes much easier. Finding the responsable of certain actions, and knowing the "master account" of that character. You could limit the number, so you can only have one account per player.

Statistics become more flexible, you can make cool things with it such as "total account wealth" or display the playing hours under all the characters combined, for more accurate display of certain stats.

cons -
Not very useful. In a small-scale project like SA:MP, master accounts do not bring it any other benefit. You could do the same by learning how to store and read IPs between accounts, and the only good thing for the player is not having to write another name when they want to switch characters.

If you have a ready script, converting the system can become complex for the less experienced coders. You will have to learn how to convert ALL your script so it adapts to this new system.
admantis is offline   Reply With Quote