SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 30/09/2014, 06:06 AM   #21
LeGGGeNNdA
High-roller

Default Re: Artificially increased player count

Wow seriosly. I played in that server some days ago because I liked the gamemode and was seeing it full of players. Shame on the owners.
LeGGGeNNdA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 06:39 AM   #22
Potassium
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato View Post
nearly three or four minutes after he messaged me these "bots" started joining the server
That doesn't really add up, because if the bots joined AFTER this thread was made, then how was the screenshot posted before the bots supposedly joined?

However, it is really silly to jump to the conclusion that the server staff did this themselves. You don't know that, nor have proof of that. This thread is silly, just unnecessary drama over something that neither side has proof of. Use the correct methods of reporting things instead of publicly accusing people of things that there's not even any proof that they did. Something something defamation. Just worry about your own server, they're not harming it.
Potassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 06:59 AM   #23
Pottus
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
That doesn't really add up, because if the bots joined AFTER this thread was made, then how was the screenshot posted before the bots supposedly joined?

However, it is really silly to jump to the conclusion that the server staff did this themselves. You don't know that, nor have proof of that. This thread is silly, just unnecessary drama over something that neither side has proof of. Use the correct methods of reporting things instead of publicly accusing people of things that there's not even any proof that they did. Something something defamation. Just worry about your own server, they're not harming it.
Come on man use your head it's not possible to achieve 15 ping without connecting locally 100 percent proof right there anyways next time if it happens I will just report it to the SAMP team because you are right that is all I should have done.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 08:57 AM   #24
KingHual
Banned

Pottus knows what he's talking about.
KingHual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 09:03 AM   #25
Khanz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus View Post
Come on man use your head it's not possible to achieve 15 ping without connecting locally 100 percent proof right there anyways next time if it happens I will just report it to the SAMP team because you are right that is all I should have done.
Most servers are hosted in OVH, FR. So if you live in Paris or nearby you know
Khanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 09:32 AM   #26
NaS
High-roller

Default AW: Artificially increased player count

True, a 15 ping is not possible on samp through the internet - at least not for 30 players.
It's definitely a LAN ping, just go on any SAMP server and look for players having a 15 ping - you will hardly find any.

Assume they are real pings, do you really think there are 30 SAMP players so close to the server location all playing on your server at the same time? I guess not.
NaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 09:54 AM   #27
Flaw
Little Clucker

We received thousands of attacks logs due an attack by attacking edayz.

This is false and untrue we got attacked by an Program Called : RakSAMPClient which gives you an LOCAL Ping/MS

Me as the Owner of eDayZ would never use Bots to increase my player rate.

( And i didn't downloaded the DayZ 7.0 License ) i actually bought it.

IPs found :

5.133.58.225 [29/09/14 | 18:03:22] [DRD]TheLegendZ - (null)

BAD RCON ATTEMPT BY: 193.90.109.56
Address: 37.187.171.204:7782
Ping: 31
Mode: Cops and Robbers
Language: English/All
Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 09:57 AM   #28
Potassium
High-roller

Default Re: AW: Artificially increased player count

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS View Post
Assume they are real pings, do you really think there are 30 SAMP players so close to the server location all playing on your server at the same time? I guess not.
No, that isn't what we were saying. Of course they are bots and of course they are obviously on the same connection by the same person. It doesn't mean that that person is a staff member of the server though. I don't think anyone in the thread said that they were real players.
Potassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 10:07 AM   #29
Flaw
Little Clucker

Well... i don't wanna get blacklisted due this problem causes by others...

how would you feel ~~...
Address: 37.187.171.204:7782
Ping: 31
Mode: Cops and Robbers
Language: English/All
Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/09/2014, 10:31 AM   #30
IceCube!
High-roller

Location: Grove Street, Home; Atleast it was before I fucked everything up. Motto: Carpe Diem, Bitch!

Why does everyone seem to think Pottus is attacking the "staff" member, he was simply explaining why they were bots, and why they were hosted locally where the server is.

Also, why does said "staff" member deny this or denies it but denies denying it so much? If it was me I would as a staff member simply say my piece and leave it there, it's not my server not my reputation it's going to destroy. Also how he makes very post so it's worded as if Pottus was attacking him is just despicable.

As for what Khanz said "living near the server", you will still find that the Ping is higher than 15, this is because it first has to goto the ISPs or a shared server which knows where the desired IP Packet has to go. It's like on your own network, just a lot more complex. You can't just send a message to 192.168.0.4, it has to go through the router first. This will redirect the packet to where it needs to go, unless your connect directly through a cable with no DNS server, and therefore can choose your IP ?(impossivle on an ISP) you cannot route a packet to go direct to its destination.

There used to be a VPS host in the centre of Bristol, England where I live. My ping to that about 4 miles away direct was 25ms as it had to goto the DNS servwe/router thing to be routed to its destination first making it travel 15 instead of 4 miles.

Obviously in order to leave my house it had to go through my network aswell, then when it arrived in their networked it had to be routed through their network. This makes 1 hop essentially more like 5 or 6 hops minimum making 15 impossible even if we cut out the middle Man (the ISP).

Image by Phyzic
Projects (28/01/2017)
None.I'm dead, honest!
IceCube! is offline   Reply With Quote