SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16/10/2017, 11:09 AM   #11
aoky
Gangsta
 
aoky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 518
Reputation: 136
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Good stuff bredrin
__________________
owner/developer @ koky's deathmatch
aoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/10/2017, 07:06 PM   #12
Alex Magaña
High-roller
 
Alex Magaña's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖉
Posts: 2,444
Reputation: 211
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

The whole project preview looks good but when i tried to test the filterscript these errors come up (seems script is messed up a bit):
PHP Code:
streetsign.pwn(127) : error 035argument type mismatch (argument 3) ]
mysql_query(dbHandlerquery"insert_street""d"playerid);

streetsign.pwn(250) : error 035argument type mismatch (argument 2) ]
format(player_temp[playerid][static_string], "None");

streetsign.pwn(253) : error 017undefined symbol "addr" ]
- if(
IsValidDynamicObject(player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr])) DestroyDynamicObject(player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr]);

streetsign.pwn(254) : error 017undefined symbol "addr" ]
player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr] = INVALID_OBJECT_ID;

streetsign.pwn(215) : warning 202number of arguments does not match definition ]
format(street_data[id][street_name], player_temp[playerid][static_string]); 

The useful things that i didnt find in the whole project:
  • The plugins you runned/tested the entire script
  • The includes you runned/tested the entire script
  • The sql file if needed in some case
__________________
Alex Magaña is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/10/2017, 08:23 PM   #13
0x88
Big Clucker
 
0x88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 72
Reputation: 22
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaña View Post
The whole project preview looks good but when i tried to test the filterscript these errors come up (seems script is messed up a bit):
PHP Code:
streetsign.pwn(127) : error 035argument type mismatch (argument 3) ]
mysql_query(dbHandlerquery"insert_street""d"playerid);

streetsign.pwn(250) : error 035argument type mismatch (argument 2) ]
format(player_temp[playerid][static_string], "None");

streetsign.pwn(253) : error 017undefined symbol "addr" ]
- if(
IsValidDynamicObject(player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr])) DestroyDynamicObject(player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr]);

streetsign.pwn(254) : error 017undefined symbol "addr" ]
player_temp[playerid][temp_object][addr] = INVALID_OBJECT_ID;

streetsign.pwn(215) : warning 202number of arguments does not match definition ]
format(street_data[id][street_name], player_temp[playerid][static_string]); 

The useful things that i didnt find in the whole project:
  • The plugins you runned/tested the entire script
  • The includes you runned/tested the entire script
  • The sql file if needed in some case
this script is outdated, i will release the whole gamemode along with this feature in next month
__________________
#offset
0x88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/10/2017, 09:32 PM   #14
Pottus
Godfather
 
Pottus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,419
Reputation: 1240
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

This looks more like a prototype than a polished release it is a great idea but completely falls short of it's true value.

1.) Meticulously label every street yourself so people have a rich database to work with
2.) Split the code up a bit by creating a loader include for gamemodes
3.) This builds on point 2 by making this a library/tool that is feature rich
- Interactive aspect (OnPlayerNearStreetSign(), SetStreetSignInfoText(string[]) <----- gametext information textdraws are best, OnVehiclePassStreetSign() <---- You could keep track of traffic statistics
- Custom sign colors
- Custom sign objects/templates

That is just for starters right now I would say your script is naked as a new born baby. It falls short of it's true potential.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/10/2017, 09:55 PM   #15
IllidanS4
Huge Clucker
 
IllidanS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 289
Reputation: 120
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Looks neat, but it seems it needs more work. Also what is "^M" on GitHub? Some exotic line separator?
__________________
PawnPlus
YSF
Yet Another Lua Plugin
Long Function Names
• i_quat.inc •

kingsofsa.cz:8888 running Cinematic Mode
IllidanS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18/10/2017, 03:56 AM   #16
0x88
Big Clucker
 
0x88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 72
Reputation: 22
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus View Post
This looks more like a prototype than a polished release it is a great idea but completely falls short of it's true value.

1.) Meticulously label every street yourself so people have a rich database to work with
2.) Split the code up a bit by creating a loader include for gamemodes
3.) This builds on point 2 by making this a library/tool that is feature rich
- Interactive aspect (OnPlayerNearStreetSign(), SetStreetSignInfoText(string[]) <----- gametext information textdraws are best, OnVehiclePassStreetSign() <---- You could keep track of traffic statistics
- Custom sign colors
- Custom sign objects/templates

That is just for starters right now I would say your script is naked as a new born baby. It falls short of it's true potential.
yes these are already in the new version. also theres a eventListener made for this, and the new version uses Dynamic Area so its more exactly and the new street sign can be temporary tagged by street-gang members it happens to payphone object and payphone textdraw advertisement
__________________
#offset
0x88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/10/2017, 03:58 AM   #17
0x88
Big Clucker
 
0x88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 72
Reputation: 22
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtik View Post
Looks neat, but it seems it needs more work. Also what is "^M" on GitHub? Some exotic line separator?
i have no clue, this was written in visual studio code when i put on GitHub it generates that red m
__________________
#offset
0x88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/10/2017, 05:35 AM   #18
SetPlayerNameTag
Big Clucker
 
SetPlayerNameTag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Killerchina
Posts: 174
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

good stuff
SetPlayerNameTag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/10/2017, 02:22 PM   #19
CnRoma
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

So cool 啊
CnRoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/10/2017, 03:14 PM   #20
GamezCEO
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 73
Reputation: 37
Default Re: Dynamic Street w/ sign

Great fs. Nice job
GamezCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FilterScript] Dynamic Sign System justice96 Filterscripts 6 14/12/2016 07:48 PM
How to make dynamic door in high street roleplay script Ctagle12 Scripting Help 1 30/05/2013 07:41 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.