SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Tutorials

Old 02/02/2015, 11:25 AM   #141
VenomMancer
Gangsta

Default Re: MySQL Registration System [Threaded Queries(R33+) + Whirlpool]

Linux or windows is usefull for runing samp server with MySQL ?
VenomMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/02/2015, 11:55 AM   #142
rainbowPUKE
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPC603 View Post
pawn Code:
case 2: //register dialog
        {
            if(!response) return Kick(playerid); //if they clicked Quit, we will kick them
            if(strlen(inputtext) < 6) return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 2, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Register", "In order to play, you need to register.\nYour password must be at least 6 characters long!", "Register", "Quit");
            //strlen checks a lenght of a string. so if player types their password that is lower than 6, we tell them; Your password must be at least 6 characters long!
            WP_Hash(pInfo[playerid][Password], 129, inputtext); //hashing inputtext
            mysql_format(mysql, query, sizeof(query), "INSERT INTO `players` (`Username`, `Password`, `IP`, `Admin`, `VIP`, `Money`, `posX` ,`posY`, `posZ`) VALUES ('%e', '%s', '%s', 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)", Name[playerid], pInfo[playerid][Password], IP[playerid]);
            //Now let's create a new row and insert player's information in it
            mysql_tquery(mysql, query, "", "");
            //let's execute the query
        }
    }
When the player registers his account, the data is inserted properly.
BUT the tutorial doesn't have the ID of the player in the database.
Only the player's name, password and IP are inserted.
The table auto-creates the ID in MySQL, but it's not loaded and stays 0 in the script.

When exiting the game, OnPlayerDisconnect tries to update data for ID 0, which doesn't exist.

When the player logs back in (using the code from the tutorial), ALL data is read properly, including the ID.
Therefore it can be saved properly during OnPlayerDisconnect because now the script holds the proper ID of the player to update the data.

The code above should become (adjusted the query here):
pawn Code:
case 2: //register dialog
        {
            if(!response) return Kick(playerid); //if they clicked Quit, we will kick them
            if(strlen(inputtext) < 6) return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 2, DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT, "Register", "In order to play, you need to register.\nYour password must be at least 6 characters long!", "Register", "Quit");
            //strlen checks a lenght of a string. so if player types their password that is lower than 6, we tell them; Your password must be at least 6 characters long!
            WP_Hash(pInfo[playerid][Password], 129, inputtext); //hashing inputtext
            mysql_format(mysql, query, sizeof(query), "INSERT INTO `players` (`Username`, `Password`, `IP`, `Admin`, `VIP`, `Money`, `posX` ,`posY`, `posZ`) VALUES ('%e', '%s', '%s', 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)", Name[playerid], pInfo[playerid][Password], IP[playerid]);
            //Now let's create a new row and insert player's information in it
            mysql_tquery(mysql, query, "OnAccountCreate", "i", playerid);  // Adjusted the query
            //let's execute the query
        }
    }

Then use code like this:
pawn Code:
// This custom callback is used after creating a new account (playername and password are inserted, but the ID must be loaded now to reference the player later on using this ID)
forward OnAccountCreate(playerid);
public OnAccountCreate(playerid)
{
    // Setup local variables
    new Query[128];

// Construct the query to get the new player's SQLID for later referencing and execute it
    mysql_format(SQL_db, Query, sizeof(Query), "SELECT ID FROM %s WHERE PlayerName = '%e' LIMIT 1", table_playerdata, APlayerData[playerid][PlayerName]);
    mysql_tquery(SQL_db, Query, "OnAccountCreateLoadID", "i", playerid);

return 1;
}

// This custom callback is used after creating a new account and executing the query to load the new player's SQLID for later referencing
forward OnAccountCreateLoadID(playerid);
public OnAccountCreateLoadID(playerid)
{
    // Store the loaded ID
    APlayerData[playerid][SQLID] = cache_get_field_content_int(0, "ID", SQL_db);

return 1;
}

Of course, adjust database names, variablenames and mysql-connectionhandle to the proper values in your script, as this was literally taken out of my script.
I am pretty new to mysql, and have been following this tutorial to learn. I am having the issue regarding stats not saving. I read over your advice and code, but am a little confused I think with the differing variablenames etc. Can anyone help me out and put it in aspect with the variables etc used in this tut.

I would really appreciate it.
rainbowPUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/2015, 03:24 AM   #143
AchievementMaster360
Huge Clucker

So everything compiled smoothly and i have the database setup and the server can connect to it with no problem. The only issue I'm facing at the moment is when i hop in game the login and registration dialog does not pop-up. Any ideas?

Console:

Database:
AchievementMaster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2015, 11:05 AM   #144
AroseKhanNiazi
High-roller

Just asking is this the best tutorial to learn mysql (Threaded one) ? I don't know anything about mysql, and now i am gonna get from y_ini to mysql.
AroseKhanNiazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/03/2015, 10:26 AM   #145
Dorito
Little Clucker

How would you go about spawning the player, SetSpawnInfo and SpawnPlayer?
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/03/2015, 02:57 PM   #146
BR3TT
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchievementMaster360 View Post
So everything compiled smoothly and i have the database setup and the server can connect to it with no problem. The only issue I'm facing at the moment is when i hop in game the login and registration dialog does not pop-up. Any ideas?

Console:

Database:
I'm the same as this, I've got everything running, server's got no errors or warnings, but no dialog box comes up when I enter the game. Any assistance?
BR3TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/03/2015, 04:01 PM   #147
BleverCastard
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3TT View Post
I'm the same as this, I've got everything running, server's got no errors or warnings, but no dialog box comes up when I enter the game. Any assistance?
Both of you aren't connected to the database correctly. Have you inserted the correct info in mysql_connect?
BleverCastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/03/2015, 11:56 PM   #148
BR3TT
Big Clucker

Disregard I got this to work. Thanks for the help
BR3TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/04/2015, 03:25 PM   #149
naveen
Big Clucker

bro i have used this coding in my GM BUT it shows an error like cant read from <a_mysql >...?
what is the solution for this
naveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/04/2015, 03:28 PM   #150
Konstantinos
Spam Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen View Post
bro i have used this coding in my GM BUT it shows an error like cant read from <a_mysql >...?
what is the solution for this
http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Errors_Li...2.3Cfile.3E.22

[Tutorial] How to use SQLite
[FilterScript] Tune System
Konstantinos is offline   Reply With Quote