SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 06/02/2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Yuri8
Big Clucker

Question Show custom islands on (mini)map

Hi there!
Me and my colleagues are mapping some islands out in the open sea but we encountered a problem. We cannot find a way to mark the islands(i.e. yellow = beach, dark green = forest etc). At first we thought about using gang zones. But then we ran into another problem: we may have gangs and mafias that use the same gang zones to mark their territory.
With that said, how can we mark the areas of the islands and/or the islands themselves? Any idea is appreciated.
Yuri8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Logic_
High-roller

Default Re: Show custom islands on (mini)map

Some options:
  1. Using gangzones - this requires ZERO modifications and can be done very easily, just use opaque backgrounds and GTA map similar colors.
  2. Custom map file, this will require users to download a map (radar) mod with map on it made using photoshop, it's a mod and obvious that not everyone will use it.
  3. 0.3.DL server mod. Create a textdraw on the radar with your custom map and make a pointer (wherever the player goes, move their pointer) on that custom texture. so it'll be like a square or rectangle HUD from GTA 5.

Cheap game-host (SA-MP, SA-MP Hosted tab, G-MOD etc) @ www.prestigesteve.com

Former developer @ COD:BO3, COD:AW, I:RP, PC:RP, NEG, ZL TDM, CookieDM and IW:TDM.

• You can't forcefully correct someone and you shouldn't waste your time on it because you can bring a horse to water but can't force it to drink.
  • Please don't message me asking for help, because by doing that, you're only limiting your support to one person when the whole community can help you here. Refer to scripting help section instead.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2019, 06:42 PM   #3
Yuri8
Big Clucker

Default Re: Show custom islands on (mini)map

Thank you! We'll go with option #1 because it's the most simple one.
Yuri8 is offline   Reply With Quote