SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Tools and Files

Old 15/03/2018, 07:20 AM   #11
iLearner
Gangsta

Default Re: sampctl: The Swiss Army Knife of SA:MP - vital tools for any server owner or library maintainer

Gives love.

Excellent work.
iLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/03/2018, 07:50 AM   #12
X337
Gangsta

Default Re: sampctl: The Swiss Army Knife of SA:MP - vital tools for any server owner or library maintainer

awesome, thank you
Old 15/03/2018, 09:04 AM   #13
Zeth
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone View Post
why is it `sampctl package install` and not just `sampctl install` why did add that "package" as second parameter, its so long.
Thats because sampctl can also manage server, thats why there is pawn.json and samp.json.
You can use sampctl package --verbose to know about it.

Been using it for months and its amazing, i was waiting for it to be released here.
-discord squad
Old 15/03/2018, 10:27 AM   #14
[HLF]Southclaw
High-roller

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXitsgodzillaXx View Post
Absolutely beautiful! +REP

Edit: I'm having problems installing/running? I run it and the command prompt comes up and closes and that's it?
It sounds like you're double clicking it - command line applications arem't invoked by clicking but via a command line shell such as PowerShell, Command Prompt or Bash (on linux). What you want to do is install it globally via the installer wizard then open up either vscode's terminal (what I use in the screenshots) or PowerShell/Cmd and run the app from there by typing "sampctl" followed by whatever subcommands.

Quote:
why is it `sampctl package install` and not just `sampctl install` why did add that "package" as second parameter, its so long.

?what?xddddd
You can use `p` and `s` as shorthand, or if you're using Bash or Git-Bash on Windows, you can install the auto-complete package so you can press Tab to complete commands - install this with `sampctl completion`.

Plugins:

Links:

[HLF]Southclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/03/2018, 10:58 AM   #15
BigETI
High-roller

sampctl is a great tool for server developers. For example SAMPLauncherNET uses this for its developer tools for quick server testing.
BigETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/03/2018, 03:57 PM   #16
renatog
Huge Clucker

Quote:
?what?xddddd
Hahah just a joke from the unofficial SA:MP discord.
renatog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/03/2018, 04:11 PM   #17
Jensenn
Big Clucker

great work

Jensenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/03/2018, 04:54 PM   #18
Pottus
Godfather

It's not often we see a breakthrough in SAMP 5-stars from me.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/03/2018, 01:44 AM   #19
xXitsgodzillaXx
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw View Post
It sounds like you're double clicking it - command line applications arem't invoked by clicking but via a command line shell such as PowerShell, Command Prompt or Bash (on linux). What you want to do is install it globally via the installer wizard then open up either vscode's terminal (what I use in the screenshots) or PowerShell/Cmd and run the app from there by typing "sampctl" followed by whatever subcommands.
So I figured it all out and whatnot, but for some reason it will build my gamemode script fine, but no others? I'm building it with

pawn Code:
sampctl p build GMname

But it says that it builds any other script just fine but there is nothing being compiled it seems.

xXitsgodzillaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/03/2018, 03:20 AM   #20
Zeth
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXitsgodzillaXx View Post
So I figured it all out and whatnot, but for some reason it will build my gamemode script fine, but no others? I'm building it with

pawn Code:
sampctl p build GMname

But it says that it builds any other script just fine but there is nothing being compiled it seems.
There maybe something wrong in your pawn.json.

use sampctl package build and make sure to include "entry" and "output" in your pawn.json/yaml, get some more information here https://github.com/Southclaws/sampct...ow-Builds-Work

Last edited by Zeth; 16/03/2018 at 05:11 AM.
Zeth is offline   Reply With Quote