Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 30/10/2019, 06:44 PM   #371
Romzes24
Big Clucker

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
Sometimes a serious update means losing functionality. Like some library for a programming language - when developers update something and it requires users to rewrite their projects.
I do not mind, but in fact there are no analogues for CreateMenu, so removing this system does not make any sense!
Old 30/10/2019, 06:49 PM   #372
Kalen
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24 View Post
I do not mind, but in fact there are no analogues for CreateMenu, so removing this system does not make any sense!
But you all are ready to burn kalcor just because he doesn't release a sa-mp update which would make all of you happy. But take a think, an update that will make all of you happy will most likely require major servers to rewrite their gamemodes. But there's no such update possible, I think.
Old 30/10/2019, 06:50 PM   #373
FufLa
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
There's hardly any content available for DL. It was too late in the mod's lifecycle to try and develop a modeling pipeline.

You're better off abandoning DL and going back to 0.3.7. We'll have to figure something else out to get new content in, like going back to including it with the sa-mp installer.
Glad you finally realized that. I was always a firm defender of your "this is a MP mod for GTA SA, we wont add modding or custom UI in cause you'll use it to change the game" stance. Was incredibly disappointed to see .8/DL happen and wondered what caused the sudden change of mind.
Old 30/10/2019, 06:53 PM   #374
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4r View Post
Replying to your edit

So wouldnt that require you removing code from jax, spookie, etc and the original developers also so that you have sole proprietorship over the entire samp codebase and its services? Well you can just redo the code but you get me
I am the original developer. Anyone who has used sa-mp has used it under agreement with me.

jax and spookie have never made any claims like Y Less. they know this is my project, where Y Less seems seriously confused.
Old 30/10/2019, 06:56 PM   #375
OstGot
Gangsta

Quote:
Sometimes a serious update means losing functionality. Like some library for a programming language - when developers update something and it requires users to rewrite their projects a bit. I don't know what's going on here, I don't even have my own sa-mp server, but that's probably what you all should expect when a serious sa-mp update is about to release.
Quote:
But you all are ready to burn kalcor just because he doesn't release a sa-mp update which would make all of you happy. But take a think, an update that will make all of you happy will most likely require major servers to rewrite their gamemodes. But there's no such update possible, I think.
This is not the case
Nexius's Update Checker
Old 30/10/2019, 07:00 PM   #376
dkluin
Little Clucker

So Kalcor will there be a replacement for those features you want to remove?
Old 30/10/2019, 07:02 PM   #377
K4r
Little Clucker

Quote:
I am the original developer. Anyone who has used sa-mp has used it under agreement with me.

jax and spookie have never made any claims like Y Less. they know this is my project, where Y Less seems seriously confused.
Alright, got you.

I'm just gonna leave with the reminder yes you usually make good decisions but just be mindful of this one. I know you're probably too demotivated to remake the removed code but just be careful. Removing more will definitely split it into 3 communities and samp can definitely NOT handle that. Adoption of 0.3.DL also was hurt when you took long to put it on the sa-mp website at the downloads folder. It wasnt entirely us, even if you dont agree something as belittle as that did cause a lack of adoption by players (not developers).
Old 30/10/2019, 07:11 PM   #378
IllidanS4
Big Clucker

Quote:
I think the reason something like this comes up is because Y Less and co are going to try and justify stealing everything from sa-mp based on a few contributions 11 years ago, which is why his contributions need to be removed.
I request an explanation of this statement. What exactly did Y steal?
Old 30/10/2019, 07:30 PM   #379
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4 View Post
I request an explanation of this statement. What exactly did Y steal?
They've been threatening to release "open mp" mod which is apparently compatible with sa-mp, but gets rid of me. That's what Y Less posted. It's impossible to release anything compatible with sa-mp without violating my rights. I'm guessing it was going to be something similar to that rwmp.

Anything that happens with sa-mp requires my permission.

If you want full control over your own MP mod, you'd need to start from scratch, or fork an open source one and abide by the GPL or w/e.
Old 30/10/2019, 07:30 PM   #380
BloodMaster
Banned

Why do you not just talk to Y Less and try to solve your differences? Get into a Discord/Teamspeak call and just talk.
What would be the harm?
Best case scenario, you guys make it up and find a solution.
Worst case? Nothing changes.
You cannot lose.
Closed Thread