SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 31/10/2019, 01:14 AM   #501
CONTROLA
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

99% of Romanian players use modded content which only works on 0.3.7 because of sampfuncs. They don't like the idea of moving to 0.3DL because it's unofficial, meaning that they would need to switch to 0.3DL, wait for the mods to be available for use in 0.3DL, and then repeat the process when 0.3DL becomes official. Even though server owners would like to switch to the new version, they can't because their player count would literally halve.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:15 AM   #502
Romzes24
Big Clucker

Kalcor

I want to say from the whole Russian community. We all want 0.3.7 and 0.3DL to be merged into one common version. I know that many large servers do not want to switch to a new version if there is no download of models and patches that we still did not receive in version 0.3DL
Old 31/10/2019, 01:16 AM   #503
Cr0heart
Little Clucker

Releasing 0.3DL as non-official version shows that you are unsure, something may be wrong. Why it is not official? It's not official and that means something may change and why would someone waste his time in making not 100% sure thing. All the plugins must be updated, colandreas, weapon-config, sky plugin... and people can't update their server without the updated plugins. Updaters won't risk wasting their time. Once it's official it's not going backwards.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:20 AM   #504
BloodMaster
Banned

Why do you expect developers to dedicate their time to a product you're so unsure about?
How can you know players experience if you're not an active player?
And since the version is final, make it a good one, make the owners happy.
Why do you even care at this point if the version is going to be final?
Merge 0.3.7 and 0.3.DL into SA:MP 0.4 or 1.0 and call it a day, and just keep the security updates going.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:20 AM   #505
Chilli9434
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
ls-rp started out strong on DL, but then the server had to change management and domain names. It's possible the problems they had weren't strictly related to DL.
LS-RP's problems have absolutely nothing to do with DL, I honestly can't see the connection.

Just to list a few of their problems in the past year (and a bit)
  • - Mow goes missing and gets caught up in a controversy surrounding how he was running his businesses
  • - They lose their .com domain replacing it with a less well known (and to some normie internet users) less trusted .io domain
  • - Losing their domain probably caused massive problems with their SEO, resulting in dead links from any videos uploaded in the past causing confusion surrounding their branding
  • - Core services broke when the domain went down and they took much much longer than they should have and some to this day are still not properly fixed I believe
  • - That whole fiasco alienated some ls-rp users, it made them look incompetent
  • - Their 10 year anniversary development (lets be honest) was a massive let down. The drug system they introduced still isn't even properly implemented today
  • - Failure to listen to their community who were getting more and more fed up with being ignored and the status quo being allowed to continue
  • - They had a period of weeks where their server was practically unplayable due to massive lag problems. It took ages for that to be fixed, and I believe it happened more than once.
  • - They've devolved more and more into a cops/robbers server where unless you've played for years or you have friends on the inside then you're not going to get anywhere.

That's just a few of their problems in the past year. DL has probably helped them keep people interested (albeit probably in a small way), however, they haven't fully utilized it.

RC-RP is a great example of how they have embraced the DL features, and honestly it gives them a fresh edge over the competition. However, I feel like the branching out caused massive confusion in the community and caused a massive loss in foot flow of new players being able to find these communities.

Old 31/10/2019, 01:20 AM   #506
Chavan
Big Clucker

Kalcor

If that's how you said it might be the last version you'll make ...

Please fix some version bugs and vulnerabilities.

Let us customize our servers ... Huds, Objects, everything that makes each server unique and removes some default sa: mp keys.

Like "F6" E "T", leave only "T" so we can use "F6" for something.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:25 AM   #507
MaisterK
Little Clucker

The reason that the dl was not so popular was simply because it was not official, most people did not even know it existed, many players only enter sa-mp and press on the first download they see.
Even on my server, which was a small Spanish-speaking community, 99% loved the simple things I dl put on, like hats and wigs.

If it will really be the last version of samp that you will do kalcor, please listen to us and trust us, the forum has asked for it for a long time.
Let the latest version of samp be the most complete ever.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:25 AM   #508
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMaster View Post
Why do you expect developers to dedicate their time to a product you're so unsure about?
How can you know players experience if you're not an active player?
And since the version is final, make it a good one, make the owners happy.
Why do you even care at this point if the version is going to be final?
Merge 0.3.7 and 0.3.DL into SA:MP 0.4 or 1.0 and call it a day, and just keep the security updates going.
I honestly don't know. I'm just looking at the numbers.

If it were up to me (personal preference), I'd probably say go with DL. I spent several months on it.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:25 AM   #509
niCe
Huge Clucker

Quote:
niCe said most of his players want DL. But he also said most of his players are on 0.3.7. DL is there, there's nothing stopping anyone running it. Why are the players not voluntarily switching over?
I assume our players probably want to play on our servers, as they already have some progress here, that's why most of them won't switch to play on another 0.3.DL server, even though they seem to like the DL feature. They simply play on 0.3.7 because we are on 0.3.7. Our current players would definitely switch to 0.3.DL, if we upgraded servers to 0.3.DL. But my policy is to always stick with the official SA-MP version, thus 0.3.7, as I want players being able to discover our servers through internet/hosted list of 0.3.7 client, as I don't believe other source can compete with SA-MP client at this point, neither Youtube.

If 0.3.9 is released, I will upgrade my 0.3.7 servers to that version and 0.3.DL server will remain on 0.3.DL. If 0.3.9 is released with DL feature, I will upgrade all my servers to 0.3.9. and they could start benefit from DL features currently introduced on our 0.3.DL server.

Quote:
It's up in the air, but it seems like people are excited by the idea of DL, but once they get used to the new content, it doesn't really provide them a reason to stick around.
You are right. Everytime new SA-MP version was released, it caused increased player base, so might the DL. This effect is temporary. But DL is basically limitless, with DL, servers can give players much more of interesting content on and on and use that effect to keep SA-MP alive. And SA-MP won't even need any new version to hook players, albeit releasing new SA-MP version always will have a huge impact on increased player base.

Give a man a custom object and you feed him for a day; teach a man to create custom objects and you feed him for a lifetime.

- Pool, basketball, golf, Poker Texas Holdem, races and other minigames
- Video game QUB3D
- Roulette, blackjack, slots, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ
- Organizations and offices
- Missions from Big Smoke, Sweet, Zero, Cesar or Woozie!
- Gang wars
- More than 30 jobs (police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet, pizza-boy and more)
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and more
Watch the TRAILER
Servers are hosted at Evolution Host

Last edited by niCe; 31/10/2019 at 02:23 AM.
Old 31/10/2019, 01:30 AM   #510
Romzes24
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan View Post
Like "F6" E "T", leave only "T" so we can use "F6" for something.
Are you kidding? In the Russian layout, the T button does not open the chat, everyone uses F6!
Closed Thread