SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 23/11/2019, 09:32 PM   #11
AkiraR
Little Clucker

Default Re: Was working on a project for 0.3dl but that's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO View Post
Nothing budges, he's set on a last-version release of 0.3.9 with some subpar security fixes and misc features to top off the end of the mod.

Apparently a happy ending for everyone isn't an option, pretty shameful and pathetic. That's that.

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...postcount=1027
If that was true then 0.3.9 wouldn't be in the process.
Client Support Expert
Retired Developer
-
I watched you become the biggest piece of ___.
Yet I stood there holding your hand while you grew up.
I told you everything would be alright.
Now look at you.
AkiraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/11/2019, 06:18 AM   #12
REYO
Big Clucker

Flowers Re: Was working on a project for 0.3dl but that's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraR View Post
If that was true then 0.3.9 wouldn't be in the process.
Maybe if you didn't single out a sentence and take it out of context it would be more apparent to you.

It certainly isn't a happy ending given the conclusion that a merger isn't happening.

The DL version is "canceled" leaving a good number of people at a disadvantage. What's so happy about a lot of people spending time at modeling only for it to not see proper light of day?

You may say it's not a lot of people that moved to DL in comparison to the numbers of 0.3.7. Reasons for this are simply obvious; lack of exposure, hidden download links, repeated statements of uncertainty for the version thus essentially spooking newcomers from trying it out and wasting their time, etc.

DL is the successor of a canceled version - 0.3.8. People that stuck with 0.3.8 enjoyed it and continued on with it. And a lot of oldies came back to revive their communities. Obvious doubt spooked a lot of these people from going further, but those with some hope, thrive and vision continued on to utilize the features quite well - creating an /identity/ for their server whereas they couldn't before.

DL was a selling point for SA-MP's life-line and a turn around isn't late.

0.3.9 without DL is a downgrade and a big fuck you to everyone who spent 2 years utilizing the potential of the version to make an identity and stand out from the masses.
REYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/11/2019, 09:33 AM   #13
Flex
Banned

version 0.3 dl has long been closed
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/11/2019, 03:17 PM   #14
FufLa
Big Clucker

Do you guys still think you get 0.3.9? I thought 0.3.7R4 is the last middle finger to grace your screen... ? I don't even blame Kye for pulling this stunt after you idiots flooded the forums with your pathetic #savedl agenda after repeatedly being told to cut it.

0.3.9 is most likely dead now due to your immature actions. Enjoy the final release 0.3.7 R4.
FufLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/11/2019, 08:20 PM   #15
AbyssMorgan1
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Was working on a project for 0.3dl but that's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa View Post
Do you guys still think you get 0.3.9? I thought 0.3.7R4 is the last middle finger to grace your screen... ? I don't even blame Kye for pulling this stunt after you idiots flooded the forums with your pathetic #savedl agenda after repeatedly being told to cut it.

0.3.9 is most likely dead now due to your immature actions. Enjoy the final release 0.3.7 R4.
But this release dont have new features so no reason to update.
AbyssMorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/11/2019, 10:51 PM   #16
REYO
Big Clucker

Red face Re: Was working on a project for 0.3dl but that's gone.

Quote:

lmao

ah yes because 0.3.9 is something the majority wants wow you nailed that one!
let me check up on the recent thread was it a 0.3.9 or 0.3dl inquiry?

by your logic:

ah people angry? at something they enjoy and spent time on being removed? Ah, Immature!
voicing against a decision? respectively? constructively? immaturely? Ah, they're all idiots!

how about you go and sugarcoat elsewhere buddy.
REYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/11/2019, 07:55 AM   #17
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:

The people who spammed the hashtag shit usually had 1 or 2 posts and an account made the same day. No one who genuinely wants DL to happen, and have projects that show how much work they already put in would spam a stupid hashtag, the people who genuinely cares tried to convince Kalcor and anyone else with reason and examples.

Gforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/11/2019, 11:25 PM   #18
Ss4gogeta0
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
The people who spammed the hashtag shit usually had 1 or 2 posts and an account made the same day. No one who genuinely wants DL to happen, and have projects that show how much work they already put in would spam a stupid hashtag, the people who genuinely cares tried to convince Kalcor and anyone else with reason and examples.
im posting as former co-owner of United:RP (2013 along with Audiophr3ak & 2015 along with Soupiest) that used a custom build of 0.3e to replace the default SA map with the maps of Vice City & Liberty City. It was well received by those who were able to get it to working, but due to the installation size, difficulty of running, and concerns over the customized build (which was sanctioned by the SAMP team at the time), player counts were low which ended up creating a spiral and causing others to leave due to boredom.

0.3.DL was a welcome addition and a huge breath of fresh air to SAMP that not only expanded on community involvement by allowing users to contribute to a server they enjoyed but also allowed for modulability/scalability and evolving the server to fit the needs of the community, with unique maps and ideas. as was 0.3e's customized builds before that (which sadly were doomed to relative obscurity on gtasrv.ru)

By cancelling DL, Kalcor has doomed SAMP to just become a stagnant, decaying program of a bygone era. people have already seen everything the san andreas map has to offer at this point, all avenues of Roleplay have become exhausted.

[Edit] I also wanted to state that there were several active projects in 0.3.DL that I have been monitoring. Such as a server that is based around Vice City (using the GTA Vice City Map), a server based around Chicago (using a custom map that I worked on), and a server based around Liberty City (using the GTA III Map). These all showed both potential and showed dedication people had to 0.3.DL.

Vice City server can be found in the link below, the others are inactive after Kalcor officially cancelled 0.3.DL

https://vc-rp.com
Ss4gogeta0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2019, 09:20 AM   #19
WestCoast1337
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ss4gogeta0 View Post
Vice City server can be found in the link below, the others are inactive after Kalcor officially cancelled 0.3.DL

https://vc-rp.com
My server is still active, despite the strange decision of the kalcor. I use the VC + VCS + map Modifications for VC + personal improvements. Thanks to loading models, I learned 3DS max. The player base fell 2 times after destroying the mentions of this version.

I still do not understand why the developer does not give the development of 03DL as the main version.

149.202.64.160:7777

WestCoast1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2019, 11:59 AM   #20
TheLeech
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast1337 View Post
My server is still active, despite the strange decision of the kalcor. I use the VC + VCS + map Modifications for VC + personal improvements. Thanks to loading models, I learned 3DS max. The player base fell 2 times after destroying the mentions of this version.

I still do not understand why the developer does not give the development of 03DL as the main version.

149.202.64.160:7777

Dam that's nice.

#Save DL

2Real Roleplay is getting re-made slowly, Discord: https://discord.gg/veaG9bT
2Real Roleplay forums: 2r-rp.com
TheLeech is offline   Reply With Quote