SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 19/01/2018, 03:16 PM   #1
[Twixx]
Banned

Default How to make a fair verdict?

Hello there,

When administrating my server, I often run into potentional cheaters and sometimes its hard to make a verdict whether or not they're really cheating. Lately we've had a large amount of players c-bugging in deathmatches, and although we do not forbid c-bug overall, using scripts/cheats to cbug is not allowed.

Since SA-MP has very limited ways of automatically detecting cheats, it has to be done manually, and more often than not its challenging to tell if the cbug is legit or not. Here's one such case:

So my question is, how do you judge a case such as this? How can you really tell if the player is actually that good, or is using scripts? How do you make a fair verdict? A lot of you might say don't ban unless it's super obvious, but then we're just letting cheaters run around freely.

I wonder if anyone else had ran into similar issue when administrating, and how did you deal with it?
[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 03:53 PM   #2
seanny
High-roller

Default Re: How to make a fair verdict?

Personally, I believe this person is using a script, it seems far too fast for C-Bugging, but then again I've seen people doing fast C-Bugs on YouTube, I've never been able to do it myself.

I'll definitely assume they're using cheats.
seanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 03:57 PM   #3
Alex Magaņa
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny View Post
Personally, I believe this person is using a script, it seems far too fast for C-Bugging, but then again I've seen people doing fast C-Bugs on YouTube, I've never been able to do it myself.

Same i faced many players doing the same C-Bugs in alot servers (DMs) mostly and they call themselves professional but i believe it's auto-cbug cleo mod behind all this "professionalism". I used this cleo mod too in a server and it lead me to Permanent Ban years ago xD.

HOME --- FORUMS --- DISCORD --- SERVER
SAMH: Prop Hunt server is coming soon!
Alex Magaņa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 04:09 PM   #4
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaņa View Post
Same i faced many players doing the same C-Bugs in alot servers (DMs) mostly and they call themselves professional but i believe it's auto-cbug cleo mod behind all this "professionalism". I used this cleo mod too in a server and it lead me to Permanent Ban years ago xD.
Recently we've had a large wave of Russian players who are all cbugging in DMs, the funny thing is that all of their cbugs look exactly the same.

Is cbugging just a thing for russian players that most of them do? Or are they all using the same script? And even if most of them are cheating, what if there are a few legit ones? I'd rather not ban innocent players..
Old 19/01/2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Sting.
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
Recently we've had a large wave of Russian players who are all cbugging in DMs, the funny thing is that all of their cbugs look exactly the same.

Is cbugging just a thing for russian players that most of them do? Or are they all using the same script? And even if most of them are cheating, what if there are a few legit ones? I'd rather not ban innocent players..
I can relate to what you're going to. Its difficult to make a fair verdict to be honest.
Sting. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 04:38 PM   #6
RogueDrifter
High-roller

honestly i let myself off by putting an anti c-bug that warns 3 times (freezes for 2 secs) and kicks afterwards, you're really putting heavy load upon ur shoulders, why allow cbug in the first place, why let people exploit such things that's like letting them spray with the slidebug as well. All of those (in my honest opinion) should be countered and stopped.

[Github]:Link [Gists]:Link [Forum]:Link [Server]:Link [Discord]:Link

RogueDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 04:48 PM   #7
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter View Post
honestly i let myself off by putting an anti c-bug that warns 3 times (freezes for 2 secs) and kicks afterwards, you're really putting heavy load upon ur shoulders, why allow cbug in the first place, why let people exploit such things that's like letting them spray with the slidebug as well. All of those (in my honest opinion) should be countered and stopped.
We're trying to keep our server as unrestrictive as possible, letting players spawn anything, create anything etc, essentaly letting them do anything that's possible within SA. We've made sure not to limit players with stupid rules or minigame-specific rules.

Haven't had any issues until recently. We allowed cbug because with enough skill and practice, anyone could do it, so it's not like certain players were at a disadvantage. And if players really wanted to play without cbuggers, they could always set up their own DM in a private world.
Old 19/01/2018, 05:01 PM   #8
RogueDrifter
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
We're trying to keep our server as unrestrictive as possible, letting players spawn anything, create anything etc, essentaly letting them do anything that's possible within SA. We've made sure not to limit players with stupid rules or minigame-specific rules.

Haven't had any issues until recently. We allowed cbug because with enough skill and practice, anyone could do it, so it's not like certain players were at a disadvantage. And if players really wanted to play without cbuggers, they could always set up their own DM in a private world.
Rules are never stupid unless if they're irrelevant or in contrary to logic although they'd differ on servers depending on the owner's thoughts, you see it as limitations, i see it as fair play, if i was a player going on a new server and someone did c-bug and killed me in seconds without me knowing how to cbug i'll leave same for all exploitable sa bugs, but then again its your server, your call but detecting whether a cbug was by a cheat or by hand will never be possible due to the skills differing between people and ping delays. Good luck.

[Github]:Link [Gists]:Link [Forum]:Link [Server]:Link [Discord]:Link

RogueDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/01/2018, 05:06 PM   #9
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter View Post
Rules are never stupid unless if they're irrelevant or in contrary to logic although they'd differ on servers depending on the owner's thoughts, you see it as limitations, i see it as fair play, if i was a player going on a new server and someone did c-bug and killed me in seconds without me knowing how to cbug i'll leave same for all exploitable sa bugs, but then again its your server, your call but detecting whether a cbug was by a cheat or by hand will never be possible due to the skills differing between people and ping delays. Good luck.
I mean it makes sense to forbid such things in roleplay servers and whatnot, but not in a server like ours. If we were to forbid cbug in minigames, we would also have to forbid other similar glitches, such as c-sliding or g-bug. Not only forbidding them is stupid in my opinion, but enforcing them is too. But then again as you said, to each their own.
Old 19/01/2018, 06:06 PM   #10
Meller
Banned

That guy is not legit, he's definitely using some kind of cheats.
Meller is offline   Reply With Quote