SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Development

Old 25/02/2010, 10:57 AM   #501
CracK
Huge Clucker

Default Re: [REL] Streamer Plugin v2.3.6

Streamer_SetIntData(STREAMER_TYPE_PICKUP, pickupid, E_STREAMER_MODEL_ID, modelid);
Old 25/02/2010, 11:05 AM   #502
[03]Garsino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrαcK
Streamer_SetIntData(STREAMER_TYPE_PICKUP, pickupid, E_STREAMER_MODEL_ID, modelid);
Or that ^^
Old 25/02/2010, 01:24 PM   #503
Balon
Big Clucker

Quote:
GhoulSlayeR: A few other people have reported this, and it does indeed seem to be a problem. I just reproduced the crash by creating a lot of 3D text labels across the map and attempting to stream them, so I'll try to debug the code now.
Take a look at Invoke::callFunction. You allocate the memory for the string, but you don't deallocate it
Balon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/02/2010, 06:25 PM   #504
Incognito
Huge Clucker

Yes, I quickly realized that was the problem as I began debugging it, but thanks for catching my mistake as well. It's been there for at least as long as the rewritten invoke function was added, so I'm surprised that more people didn't experience at least some crashes. I just tested with 1,000,000 3D text labels spread evenly across the map, and everything went fine.

The next version will feature a few area detection natives and callbacks (thanks to DavidC for the suggestion). Areas are functionally similar to checkpoints, but they're invisible and offer a bit more control over the exact positions where players can be detected. These were pretty easy to add, but I haven't tested everything extensively, so I'll put the new version up whenever I'm finished.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/02/2010, 07:17 PM   #505
shady91
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
Yes, I quickly realized that was the problem as I began debugging it, but thanks for catching my mistake as well. It's been there for at least as long as the rewritten invoke function was added, so I'm surprised that more people didn't experience at least some crashes. I just tested with 1,000,000 3D text labels spread evenly across the map, and everything went fine.

The next version will feature a few area detection natives and callbacks (thanks to DavidC for the suggestion). Areas are functionally similar to checkpoints, but they're invisible and offer a bit more control over the exact positions where players can be detected. These were pretty easy to add, but I haven't tested everything extensively, so I'll put the new version up whenever I'm finished.
can't wait for this
shady91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/02/2010, 04:25 PM   #506
Stas92
Big Clucker

Default Re: [REL] Streamer Plugin v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by $€ЯĢ
Maybe it would be useful to have a native 'CountDynamicObjects' which would return value of all the objects created, oh and OnDynamicObjectMoved would be nice callback for the future

I hope it won't make problems which combination zcmd + foreach + streamer because of all redefinitions:
Code:
\pawno\include\zcmd.inc(58) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnGameModeInit")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(75) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnGameModeInit")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(94) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnPlayerConnect")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(113) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnPlayerDisconnect")
Same problem with foreach ... how can I fix it? If ignore that warnings, server crash after a while.
Stas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/02/2010, 04:28 PM   #507
Sergei
High-roller

Download lastest zcmd and foreach includes.
Old 26/02/2010, 04:40 PM   #508
Stas92
Big Clucker

Have got the lastest foreach .. but doesn't help
Stas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/02/2010, 02:20 AM   #509
Incognito
Huge Clucker

Default Re: [REL] Streamer Plugin v2.3.7

Here's the latest version:

Quote:
v2.3.7
- Fixed 3D text label crash
- Optimized more streaming code
- Resolved some checkpoint problems
- Added area detection natives and callbacks
I highly recommend updating if you are using streamed 3D text labels at all.

The new area detection natives and callbacks are as follows:

Quote:
native CreateDynamicCircle(Float, Float:y, Floatize, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1);
native CreateDynamicRectangle(Float:minx, Float:miny, Float:maxx, Float:maxy, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1);
native CreateDynamicSphere(Float, Float:y, Float:z, Floatize, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1);
native CreateDynamicCube(Float:minx, Float:miny, Float:minz, Float:maxx, Float:maxy, Float:maxz, worldid = -1, interiorid = -1, playerid = -1);
native DestroyDynamicArea(areaid);
native IsValidDynamicArea(areaid);
native TogglePlayerDynamicArea(playerid, areaid, toggle);
native TogglePlayerAllDynamicAreas(playerid, toggle);
native IsPlayerInDynamicArea(playerid, areaid);
native DestroyAllDynamicAreas();
native CountDynamicAreas();
Quote:
forward OnPlayerEnterDynamicArea(playerid, areaid);
forward OnPlayerLeaveDynamicArea(playerid, areaid);
Usage should be almost identical to checkpoints. Two-dimensional areas (circles and rectangles) as well as three-dimensional areas (spheres and cubes) can be created, returning an area ID. There's also no distance parameter as areas are not technically streamed, so an unlimited number can "visible" at any one time.

I tested it as thoroughly as I could, but there might still be bugs, so let me know if you find any.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/02/2010, 03:05 AM   #510
GhoulSlayeR
Little Clucker

Default Re: [REL] Streamer Plugin v2.3.7

Very nice work, thanks a lot!

Former Official Developer for Next Generation Gaming, LLC
GhoulSlayeR is offline   Reply With Quote