SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 09/04/2015, 11:20 AM   #21
davve95
High-roller

Default Re: AW: Skin DFF Fixes (with pictures and link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS View Post
There are 2 facts about the SAMP team that say everything:

- They will keep the game as it is (they didnt fix anything like this EVER)
- They do not implement work from others

.. And everyone is free to put these models in their gta3.img themselves, why should SAMP do so?

Don't get me wrong, you did a nice job and I already use them :P
They're bugs? And they're used to fix some bugs.
----------

Yeah, it would be nice to see a fix.
This skin looks pretty hilarious when it's bugged. It almost always looks on the bugged way.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...dk/forelli.png
Slice @ Kinda same here haha.
davve95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2015, 11:27 AM   #22
Ashgard
Little Clucker

Default Re: Skin DFF Fixes (with pictures and link)

excellent!!!
Ashgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2015, 12:40 PM   #23
Orma
Big Clucker

Post Re: Skin DFF Fixes (with pictures and link)

How would you propose it be done? Injected into gta3.img when SAMP installs, or just put in custom.img and read by default instead of gta3?

EDIT: As for the idea itself, I support it. Matite seems familiar enough with modding, and skin modding is one of the simplest aspects of modding GTA:SA. You wouldn't even need to put the .txds in custom.img, just the fixed .dffs. All it takes is a quick adjustment of the skin's bone rigging and it's all fixed.
Orma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/04/2015, 05:21 PM   #24
Colhisberg
Little Clucker

Thanks for your input everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma View Post
How would you propose it be done? Injected into gta3.img when SAMP installs, or just put in custom.img and read by default instead of gta3?

EDIT: As for the idea itself, I support it. Matite seems familiar enough with modding, and skin modding is one of the simplest aspects of modding GTA:SA. You wouldn't even need to put the .txds in custom.img, just the fixed .dffs. All it takes is a quick adjustment of the skin's bone rigging and it's all fixed.
It is indeed basic bone rigging. I am merely making a suggestion and presenting a temporary solution until the issue is addressed by SA:MP Developers. Method of injection is for them to decide.
Colhisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/04/2015, 08:59 PM   #25
Orma
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhisberg View Post
Thanks for your input everyone.

It is indeed basic bone rigging. I am merely making a suggestion and presenting a temporary solution until the issue is addressed by SA:MP Developers. Method of injection is for them to decide.
Have you tried PMing Matite with a link to the thread?
Old 16/04/2015, 12:08 AM   #26
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

We don't include anything in SA-MP not developed by someone on the team. If we included things from outside the team, someone could ask us to remove it and we could never prove they didn't create it.

If people want these skin fixes there is nothing stopping them adding them to the SAMP/custom.img with the same name as the originals or replacing them in their own gta3.img.

It looks like they need to be vertex welded (doubles removed) though because you can see the phong shading isn't working (line across the nose etc).
Kalcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/04/2015, 12:28 PM   #27
Orma
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
We don't include anything in SA-MP not developed by someone on the team. If we included things from outside the team, someone could ask us to remove it and we could never prove they didn't create it.

If people want these skin fixes there is nothing stopping them adding them to the SAMP/custom.img with the same name as the originals or replacing them in their own gta3.img.

It looks like they need to be vertex welded (doubles removed) though because you can see the phong shading isn't working (line across the nose etc).
With Matite's new custom skins, other skin fixes would be a welcome addition - and with a lot less work than recreating entire peds. You could see if he's interested in doing it, if he's not too swamped with his current work.

As for the shading, I think that's just SA's sub-par lighting engine being selectively irksome. IIRC most GTA SA ped heads aren't welded through the middle, the screenshots just show those lines because the ped comparisons are captured in slightly different positions with different lighting conditions.
Old 16/04/2015, 12:47 PM   #28
fuckingcruse
Gangsta

Yep claude skin is better.. don't change it
Old 16/04/2015, 02:00 PM   #29
Matite
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma View Post
With Matite's new custom skins, other skin fixes would be a welcome addition - and with a lot less work than recreating entire peds. You could see if he's interested in doing it, if he's not too swamped with his current work.

As for the shading, I think that's just SA's sub-par lighting engine being selectively irksome. IIRC most GTA SA ped heads aren't welded through the middle, the screenshots just show those lines because the ped comparisons are captured in slightly different positions with different lighting conditions.
You should know by now that Kalcor knows what he is talking about... in the OPs post you can clearly see a line down the centre of Andre's face (and Claude's) on the "fixed" skin.

This issue is caused by Kam's script. When you import a skin it often splits faces when it should not do so. The problem is only seen once you export again with Kam's script and look ingame. It is very noticeable at night around dynamic lights.

I extracted Andre's original skin from the gta3.img file and made the skin vertex weight fixes myself. I also fixed the minor UV problems and welded to prevent the shading problem with lighting. In the following picture you can see there is no line down the centre of his face:

Anyway, as Kalcor said: we will not be adding these skin fixes. You can easily add them yourself if you wish.

GamerX 0.3.7 Server 188.165.219.63:8800
www.gamerxserver.com
Matite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/04/2015, 02:05 PM   #30
Orma
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite View Post
You should know by now that Kalcor knows what he is talking about... in the OPs post you can clearly see a line down the centre of Andre's face (and Claude's) on the "fixed" skin.

This issue is caused by Kam's script. When you import a skin it often splits faces when it should not do so. The problem is only seen once you export again with Kam's script and look ingame. It is very noticeable at night around dynamic lights.

I extracted Andre's original skin from the gta3.img file and made the skin vertex weight fixes myself. I also fixed the minor UV problems and welded to prevent the shading problem with lighting. In the following picture you can see there is no line down the centre of his face:

Anyway, as Kalcor said: we will not be adding these skin fixes. You can easily add them yourself if you wish.

Well, I stand corrected :P

I'm not too surprised though. Kam's script is riddled with exporting problems, so it's no news to me that there would be something wrong with the importing script too.