SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03/11/2019, 06:12 PM   #751
Pakulichev
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Russia, Surgut
Posts: 2
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot View Post
And that's useless, since 70% of cheats is asi/cleo/sf/lua based software. Moreover you couldn't actually check if that player will send you fake response for such requests.
Moreover, anyone is able to inject DLL file to the game process. And that's it. It's totally useless.
__________________
Police Tools for SAMP
Pakulichev is offline  
Old 03/11/2019, 08:50 PM   #752
ItzAaronZ
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
Some of them are getting together to send me a combined recommendation for 0.3.9.

I'd say the ones that are still on 0.3.7 are mostly indifferent to DL and think they'll manage either way.
When you think a list has been finalized please respond back to the community with what you have gathered and don't keep it in the dark, I am sure loads of people will be glad about anything constructive you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe_Freeze View Post
EnablePaySprayForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables Pay'n'Spray

EnableEightBallsForAll(bool:toggle);
Enables / Disables 8 Balls Cars (Bomb)

ToggleLightStatus(status, Float, Float:y, Float:z, Float:range);

Description:
Changes the status of the street lamp.
Take the pole by position.

params:
status: true (on), false (off)
x, y, z: position of light pole
range: to pay several close faces

<!> With this function you can turn on and off the posts manually during the day or night.
Totally think this will be amazing to add too, one more thing I would suggest is being able to toggle Wheel's Arch Angels and all the other modding shops as AFAIK you cannot toggle them.

EnableTuningForAll(bool:toggle); maybe?
ItzAaronZ is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 08:11 AM   #753
kenjutsu
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Reputation: 5
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

It was necessary to release 0.3.8 as the main version. Over time, all servers and players would move, as was the case with 0.3z and 0.3.7

I am in favour of renaming the 0.3DL to 0.3.8, because it is 0.3.8 that is the official version after 0.3.7. And make it the main version with new features, besides loading objects, skins, cars, etc...

I have some ideas for the new version, I created a separate thread for it, but somehow it was removed

P.s. Sorry for ****** Translate
kenjutsu is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 12:37 PM   #754
n0minal
High-roller
 
n0minal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 4,049
Reputation: 789
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjutsu View Post
It was necessary to release 0.3.8 as the main version. Over time, all servers and players would move, as was the case with 0.3z and 0.3.7

I am in favour of renaming the 0.3DL to 0.3.8, because it is 0.3.8 that is the official version after 0.3.7. And make it the main version with new features, besides loading objects, skins, cars, etc...

I have some ideas for the new version, I created a separate thread for it, but somehow it was removed

P.s. Sorry for ****** Translate
I suggest you to read all the previous pages.
n0minal is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 01:53 PM   #755
Twizted
High-roller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,474
Reputation: 289
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

No. Use your time wisely, kid.
Twizted is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 02:16 PM   #756
Twizted
High-roller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,474
Reputation: 289
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

If you fail to realize SA:MP hasn't moved forward because one guy, the one who runs the show, decided by himself that his platform should not move forward, you're putting your time to waste.

~760 comments that, on average, might have taken 40 seconds to write. That's ~6h worth of writing text for Kalcor to reply, occasionally, to three, five tops, replies. The guy who's in charge doesn't care and won't take anyone's advice - fuck me, it has been what? 3 years since 0.3DL? I don't even know. You are massive cucks. Cucked by the cockalorum who visibly doesn't take anyone's criticism and has taken matters into his owns hands which, in my view, are far from what's best for this platform.

But it's his platform. Yes, people have helped make it what it is (or was), and without said people, SA:MP wouldn't be anywhere near where it is (was). Yes, 0.3DL should be the main branch, no doubt. Now, don't fucking bitch about voice chat, visual revamps or anything that's not a priority. SA:MP is, at it's core, a platform and a framework that serves it's functionality well: a multiplayer but faithful playable version of GTA San Andreas, not a Garry's Mode-esque experience.

The only fucking priority for SA:MP should be to adopt 0.3DL as the new, official, version of the platform. Banning Youtube? ******? ********? Fuck me, you have actually gone and sensored these words. No, it's not a priority. At the end of the day, the demography of this forum is what? 13 years of age? Don't foist your social justice warriorship bullshit on a fucking gaming platform of all places, brotherman. Focus on what's best for the platform you built, the one you carried WITH US for years and actually start giving two shits about it or just end this for once and for all.

I'd be more than happy to view the unroll of this thread, as it's the most active one I've seen here in ages.
Twizted is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 03:20 PM   #757
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: darkness
Posts: 321
Reputation: 94
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted View Post
But it's his platform. Yes, people have helped make it what it is (or was), and without said people, SA:MP wouldn't be anywhere near where it is (was).
He never asked or told anybody to do anything for his modification, if you want to be real then you have to keep it real. Everybody did done what they have in their own wish, nobody was forced or even asked to do so.

Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me. I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen. But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game. Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that. But yet I'm telling you this thread was mainly posted for those server owners and to hear their thoughts, and if your comment doesn't have anything to do with what's this thread about don't even bother replying.
d3Pedro is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 03:25 PM   #758
BloodMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87
Reputation: 13
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro View Post
Why do you have to talk like this when you don't even know what was (is) the reason of not moving forward with this mod? Everyone has its own life and problems, something which maybe you don't know. There's nothing you can do about it, nor me. I'm happy this thread was made to generally wake up everybody and make Kalcor do something, and lowkey this came to a new version which perhaps is going to be released soon. Ain't nobody knows what's going to be new, ain't nobody knows what is going to happen. But I still don't get it, why you have to be salty just because somebody doesn't want to continue something he done? It's just like you do something and you lose interest or maybe you have other stuff to do which are more important then a goddamn modification of a 15 years old game. Look things in the way he does. I would've done the same if you ask me. This community has turned to toxicity and we all know that. But yet I'm telling you this thread was mainly posted for those server owners and to hear their thoughts, and if your comment doesn't have anything to do with what's this thread about don't even bother replying.
So you agree that just because Kalcor doesn't have passion for the mod anymore, that the mod should just die instead of handing it over to somebody else?
BloodMaster is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 03:27 PM   #759
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: darkness
Posts: 321
Reputation: 94
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMaster View Post
So you agree that just because Kalcor doesn't have passion for the mod anymore, that the mod should just die instead of handing it over to somebody else?
I don't agree with anything as it has nothing to do with me. This is not my modification and I cannot lead people to do what I want, I'm just apart of it, I respect every decision which is made because I know there's a reason behind it.

But if you read carefully what I said, that's not exactly what I meant.
d3Pedro is offline  
Old 04/11/2019, 03:40 PM   #760
Proxus
Huge Clucker
 
Proxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 463
Reputation: 20
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro View Post
I don't agree with anything as it has nothing to do with me. This is not my modification and I cannot lead people to do what I want, I'm just apart of it, I respect every decision which is made because I know there's a reason behind it.
I don't think there's a better post on this thread that sums up my feelings towards SA-MP quite like this.

Of course, SA-MP shouldn't die. But the truth is, it's not going to live forever. SA-MP was always an anomaly- with it having a high concurrent player base, even today compared to the modern titles. And that is what has helped SAMP survive so long. This wasn't an asslick post, nor was it meant to disregard anyone else's feelings, opinions or posts on this thread. Every contribution is a step forward, but every update cancelled is a chance avoided.

We have to keep it going for as long as possible, and while it's alive, we shouldn't leave any possibility of success to pass. We live once, let's make the most of it.
__________________
Developer @ Trucknation
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity"


IMPORTANT LINKS
An upcoming mix of trucking & light roleplay
Proxus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it still worth? SoloMid General 12 03/03/2018 07:18 PM
Was it all worth it? Dairyll General 31 12/11/2014 02:20 AM
Worth doing or not? ross8839 Everything and Nothing 20 17/01/2013 12:15 PM
How much is my PC worth? Smithy Everything and Nothing 11 07/05/2012 07:45 PM
Is it worth to buy iNorton Everything and Nothing 12 14/11/2011 12:52 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.