SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Closed Thread

Old 19/02/2019, 12:51 PM   #21
Sony123
Little Clucker

Default Re: Selling/Buying, Maps/Scripts? Is it legal?

Quote:
So basically, I code a program in C# which has

Code:
using System;
and I'm not allowed to sell it?

Lmao, the logic.

Every piece of software is illegal then.
This guy gets it.

Thanks for the explanation everyone. I get it, you can give away you work for free here but not sell it. But just one last question, you could just simply sell the model id and the co-ordinates then right? Those are just some random numbers and it may or may not have anything to do with samp or gta tho right? I'm not trying to be annoying little prick here, sorry if you find me like that. You should understand that even for self profit, its one's hard work. Anyway lets end it here.

For those who were looking for the answer to my question.

Ans: "You can't, you could earn money by doing service for others in return for payment. But Selling or Buying scripts or maps is against the rules." Not matter what your views are you are obliged to follow the rules here.
Old 19/02/2019, 01:08 PM   #22
userid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
You didn't create the objects, it's not yours.
You can continue to the beginnings of the universe, there is nothing from scratch.
Old 19/02/2019, 01:23 PM   #23
SymonClash
Banned

I think for this things is better to talk with a lawyer, otherwise this topic would have 50 pages saying nothing.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.
Old 19/02/2019, 02:20 PM   #24
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash View Post
I think for this things is better to talk with a lawyer, otherwise this topic would have 50 pages saying nothing.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.
****** is right. Don't need a lawyer for that. Everyone who argues the fact that licenses exist (and don't permit you to sell their work and knowledge they give away for FREE) and are claiming that "nothing in the universe" is from scratch just don't understand what's being discussed here. The rules are simple, you can't sell SA:MP scripts (this include maps..). You can hire someone to develop something for you and pay them for their time spend.

Old 19/02/2019, 03:10 PM   #25
K0P
Banned

Still its kind of confusing coz Kalcor is making money just by creating a mod of a game which developed by Rockstar. He sure got the licence to do that but forcing the people to buy Hosted Tab by disabling the Internet Tab is not fair.

I would like to not get banned, i'm not trying to be offensive, just trying to clear up some stuff.
Old 19/02/2019, 04:22 PM   #26
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P View Post
Still its kind of confusing coz Kalcor is making money just by creating a mod of a game which developed by Rockstar. He sure got the licence to do that but forcing the people to buy Hosted Tab by disabling the Internet Tab is not fair.

I would like to not get banned, i'm not trying to be offensive, just trying to clear up some stuff.
He's forcing no one. He's not making money off SA:MP, additional services maybe. Check ****** post earlier in the thread.

Old 20/02/2019, 02:43 AM   #27
Team_PRO
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony123 View Post
This guy gets it.

Thanks for the explanation everyone. I get it, you can give away you work for free here but not sell it. But just one last question, you could just simply sell the model id and the co-ordinates then right? Those are just some random numbers and it may or may not have anything to do with samp or gta tho right? I'm not trying to be annoying little prick here, sorry if you find me like that. You should understand that even for self profit, its one's hard work. Anyway lets end it here.

For those who were looking for the answer to my question.

Ans: "You can't, you could earn money by doing service for others in return for payment. But Selling or Buying scripts or maps is against the rules." Not matter what your views are you are obliged to follow the rules here.
Try to read the terms and agreement/license of the software if it allows the scripting language to sell the script you've made or not because some of the developers are not allowing to sell like the PAWN the developers did not allow the scripters to sell their script even it is from the scratch because you've used some of there codes welll most of their code. Let's take some example the Ccleaner let's say its made of Microsoft Visual Basic/Studio, the microsoft allowed the developer to sell according to the Terms and Agreement/License.

In summarization: Did you read the Terms and Agreement.
Old 20/02/2019, 10:11 AM   #28
fiki574
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
He's forcing no one. He's not making money off SA:MP, additional services maybe. Check ****** post earlier in the thread.
So hosted tab money goes where?
Old 20/02/2019, 12:05 PM   #29
K0P
Banned

But people download different scripts / gamemodes from the internet (for free) and host their servers, plus they earn money from it every month. Of course those gamemodes are not 100% made by the one who released them, they contain different plugins and includes especially the "a_samp".

That's totally illegal, shutdown those servers!
Old 20/02/2019, 12:55 PM   #30
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P View Post
But people download different scripts / gamemodes from the internet (for free) and host their servers, plus they earn money from it every month. Of course those gamemodes are not 100% made by the one who released them, they contain different plugins and includes especially the "a_samp".

That's totally illegal, shutdown those servers!
You got the whole topic, wrong!

You can go ahead and open a server, and win money from it, at all is you doing and managing it, even paying for it, so you have the right to take something out of it (to handle your host, website) Plus these people who you earned money from, do not donate to you because of the gamemode, they see your focus and they see the way you manage community, you make them feel like they are right in that server they need to be, so they will donate to you as an appreciation for doing such a great server, or maybe to earn an in game item, which basically this has nothing to do with gamemodes.

What you have to do is give credits to something which is not done by you, but you're using it (plugins, includes and stuff like that). Because the worst thing is, when you see something you done being used by someone, and that someone is claiming your work as his own.