SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Closed Thread

Old 28/03/2019, 02:20 PM   #61
Temperr
Banned

Default Re: Selling/Buying, Maps/Scripts? Is it legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE View Post
That's because their license allows it.
So let me get this straight, cos I'm confused...
Kalcor can't monetise SAMP because of a 'free for use' license to any modification for GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas - yet he's allowed to technically monetise servers via a selected 'hosted tab'.
Developers can't sell a script that they've sweated to create, even if they exclude external plugins and such at their own discretion.
An extended license states you cannot monetise any server which utilises San Andreas or anything from the RenderWare engine, however NGG and Horizon are notorious for selling "packages" that are outside of a prescribed 'donation' system.

This is basically a sandwich between 'rock and a hard place' and 'rule for one, rule for another'
Old 29/03/2019, 04:11 PM   #62
Temperr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Firstly, you used that idiom wrong, but that's a minor point. It isn't one rule for some and another rule for others. The answer to all your questions is the same - licensing. I've already explained this once, but since you apparently can't read:

The default includes have no paid licensing agreement, therefore no provision for using them in a paid script. It doesn't matter what the licenses for everything else are as long as you are using them. Bootstrap, or anything else, likely does have provisions for selling code based on them. Your ask why can't I sell this code that I sweated to create, the answer is because it includes code someone else sweated to create. How would that be fair?

And you can't monetise the server, or, to put it another way, you can't sell the server (which contains the pawn includes). All those things you are complaining about - hosted tab listings, VIP packages, scripting services, are not selling the server (and since the server isn't the client it isn't a mod). You are welcome to find other ways to make money, no-one ever said otherwise.

Literally every argument is "why can't we do this, these people are doing these totally unrelated things?"
I appreciate the straight forward reply to what would be a general debate and thanks for clearing that up but I can't help but notice the passive-aggressiveness seeping past the context of this post. It seems in almost every post you create it draws an impression in that you're talking down to people while schooling them. Might just be a thing people do when they threat a ragequit for the nth time and walk away with beta tester.
Old 30/03/2019, 10:51 AM   #63
Logic_
Banned

This thread is a joke already.
Old 03/04/2019, 09:15 AM   #64
Temperr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
It's a thing people do when they are explaining the same thing for the third time in the same topic because of reasons you would probably think are condescending. The constant repetition because people don't read also contributes very heavily to said rage quitting.
Closed Thread