SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/06/2020, 09:57 PM   #11
Pitstop
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 94
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Server is crashing

Please.. ? It still shuts down.
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2020, 10:19 PM   #12
NeXTGoD
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 118
Reputation: 9
Default Re: Server is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
Please.. ? It still shuts down.
Why centos?

Try Windows or linux maybe it will help
NeXTGoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2020, 10:34 PM   #13
Kwarde
High-roller
 
Kwarde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,711
Reputation: 1668
Default Re: Server is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXTGoD View Post
Why centos?

Try Windows or linux maybe it will help
Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, ZorinOS, Elementary OS, SUSE, Fedora Server, Debian. Those are all Linux. Those operation systems (CentOS included) are all running Linux; Linux is just a family of OSes based on the Linux kernel (which is based on Unix). So your advice was pretty much "Why CentOS? Try Windows or CentOS maybe it will help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
I've been set entire 'samp03' folder to 777.
Well, you shouldn't. (This can't cause the crash you are experiencing tho, but still, you shouldn't).
Would you hang the keys of your house at the front door so anyone could enter at anytime and have full access to everything in your house?

EDIT:
SAMP's server setup page (SAMP wiki) even says this:
Code:
NOTE: Be sure you set permissions for samp03svr and announce if you want to run an internet server! If you don't do this, you'll get a permission denied error. To set permissions, execute chmod 700 * in the SA:MP server directory. It's NOT a good idea to run the server (or any other program for that matter) under root.
So public (other) doesn't even need access at all, not even read permissions. Sidenotes on SAMP's note:

* Use specifier -R to set permissions recursive (which means, include other directories and files inside the samp03 folder aswell)
* 770 would be fine too. I refer to my post about permissions in linux to answer the question "why?" (why? you ask- first one are permissions for owner of the file, second one for the group that owns the file, last one for other (eg. public))
__________________
When the opportunity presents itself to flip-a da table, uh, you flip-a da table.

Discord: Kwarde#1966
Kwarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2020, 10:49 PM   #14
[FMJ]PowerSurge
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 125
Reputation: 19
Default Re: Server is crashing

If you have crashdetect.so loaded, do you have #include <crashdetect> in your script? If not, add it. It should really help with reading errors.
[FMJ]PowerSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2020, 11:59 PM   #15
Pitstop
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 94
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Server is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FMJ]PowerSurge View Post
If you have crashdetect.so loaded, do you have #include <crashdetect> in your script? If not, add it. It should really help with reading errors.
I have it, The logs I posted that's from the server logs which crashdetect sent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarde View Post
Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, ZorinOS, Elementary OS, SUSE, Fedora Server, Debian. Those are all Linux. Those operation systems (CentOS included) are all running Linux; Linux is just a family of OSes based on the Linux kernel (which is based on Unix). So your advice was pretty much "Why CentOS? Try Windows or CentOS maybe it will help"


Well, you shouldn't. (This can't cause the crash you are experiencing tho, but still, you shouldn't).
Would you hang the keys of your house at the front door so anyone could enter at anytime and have full access to everything in your house?

EDIT:
SAMP's server setup page (SAMP wiki) even says this:
Code:
NOTE: Be sure you set permissions for samp03svr and announce if you want to run an internet server! If you don't do this, you'll get a permission denied error. To set permissions, execute chmod 700 * in the SA:MP server directory. It's NOT a good idea to run the server (or any other program for that matter) under root.
So public (other) doesn't even need access at all, not even read permissions. Sidenotes on SAMP's note:

* Use specifier -R to set permissions recursive (which means, include other directories and files inside the samp03 folder aswell)
* 770 would be fine too. I refer to my post about permissions in linux to answer the question "why?" (why? you ask- first one are permissions for owner of the file, second one for the group that owns the file, last one for other (eg. public))
So shall I set 770 permission for all samp03 folder?
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2020, 01:16 PM   #16
Pitstop
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 94
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Server is crashing

Someone please?
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2020, 09:09 PM   #17
Rouge
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 21
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Server is crashing

Mysql crash = esp+0000

mysql_escape_string , use %s123 mysql crash
Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2020, 11:21 PM   #18
[FMJ]PowerSurge
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 125
Reputation: 19
Default Re: Server is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
I have it, The logs I posted that's from the server logs which crashdetect sent....
That means you have crashdetect.so loaded, yes. But do you have crashdetect.inc loaded with #include <crashdetect> in your script? If you add the #include line it will give you a better log that tells you which specific function is crashing the gamemode.

Code:
[23:36:33] [debug] Server crashed while executing tutorial.amx
[23:36:33] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[23:36:33] [debug] #0 native CallRemoteFunction () in samp-server.exe    <-------- example
[23:36:33] [debug] #1 00000b30 in ProcessTutorial (iPlayerID=0) at tutorial.pwn:73    <-------- even tells you what line the crash is on
[23:36:33] [debug] #2 00000cd8 in public OnPlayerKeyStateChange (playerid=0, newkeys=8, oldkeys=0) at tutorial.pwn:89
[FMJ]PowerSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2020, 12:32 AM   #19
Pitstop
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 94
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Server is crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FMJ]PowerSurge View Post
That means you have crashdetect.so loaded, yes. But do you have crashdetect.inc loaded with #include <crashdetect> in your script? If you add the #include line it will give you a better log that tells you which specific function is crashing the gamemode.

Code:
[23:36:33] [debug] Server crashed while executing tutorial.amx
[23:36:33] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[23:36:33] [debug] #0 native CallRemoteFunction () in samp-server.exe    <-------- example
[23:36:33] [debug] #1 00000b30 in ProcessTutorial (iPlayerID=0) at tutorial.pwn:73    <-------- even tells you what line the crash is on
[23:36:33] [debug] #2 00000cd8 in public OnPlayerKeyStateChange (playerid=0, newkeys=8, oldkeys=0) at tutorial.pwn:89
I got you mate, The script already complied with crashdetect include these are the errors which server logs shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
Mysql crash = esp+0000

mysql_escape_string , use %s123 mysql crash
Hello thanks.
What does it mean use %s123 ?

In login dialog is:
Code:
format(hashpass, sizeof(hashpass), "%s3ca827d65b48291545b", password);
mysql_escape_string(hashpass, input);
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2020, 12:03 AM   #20
Pitstop
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 94
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Server is crashing

Hey.

I've noticed that 30 minutes before the server crashed I got some errors in server logs

Code:
[12:27:51] [debug] Run time error 4: "Array index out of bounds"
[12:27:51] [debug]  Attempted to read/write array element at index 65535 in array of size 2000
[12:27:51] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[12:27:51] [debug] #0 003a9aa8 in public Timers () at E:\Script\gamemodes\RP.pwn:75843
Is it maybe related to the server crashes?
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Server Crashing dudu_Insane Scripting Help 8 03/11/2019 01:47 AM
Server Crashing After Upgrading To Windows Server 2016 NinjaChicken Server Support 4 04/07/2018 02:35 PM
Server Crashing - by someone pls help TheLegend1 Scripting Help 10 28/09/2015 11:52 AM
My server crashing. AlterEGO Scripting Help 3 18/10/2014 12:34 PM
Server Crashing every hour, please help[Provided Server Log with crashdetect] Guest4390857394857 Server Support 5 09/06/2014 10:46 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.