SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 06/01/2020, 12:42 AM   #1
ItzPacman
Little Clucker

Default What it means this code

Hello, I don't know if this is here but me equal ask, my question is what it mean this code, been many days but don't understand this code:mysql_function_query(Conecction, query, true, "OnQueryFinish", "ii", 0, playerid); What do those two "ii" mean and that 0? In case someone gives me the answer, could you give me the sources of where that code is? thanks
ItzPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2020, 07:25 AM   #2
YouShootIDodge
Big Clucker

Default Re: What it means this code

Code:
mysql_function_query(Conecction, query, true, "OnQueryFinish", "ii", 0, playerid);mysql_function_query(Conecction, query, true, "OnQueryFinish", "ii", 0, playerid);
I presume this is an old version of the function mysql_query, you're using an old version of mysql, probably older than R40.

This function sends a query to the mysql server often to make changes in the database or retrieve some selective data.

Connection - this is the mysql connection hook.
query - The formatted string representing a query is probably stored in this, it will be received by the 'Connection' database server an executed (Remember, a mysql/sql query is a statement written in SQL Language hence it has a proper syntax, read about SQL for more understanding)

"OnQueryFinish" is a public function that will be executed when the query is executed and the results are received (if any).

"ii" - The data types of parameters of the function "OnQueryFinish" are enclosed in the quotation marks without spaces and for that, format specifiers are used without the '%' symbol. In this case the two parameters are integers so 'i' is used for each without space between then.

Then the following 0, and playerid are the values to be sent as the values of those 2 parameters.
YouShootIDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2020, 07:40 AM   #3
Calisthenics
High-roller

As YouShootIDodge said, you pass the datatype of the callback parameters.

0 is the `resultid`
playerid is the `extraid`

More specifiers:
SpecifierMeaning
d/iinteger number
sstring
ffloating point number

`SetTimerEx` uses the same method to pass arguments in timer callback.
Old 06/01/2020, 09:20 PM   #4
ItzPacman
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouShootIDodge View Post
Code:
mysql_function_query(Conecction, query, true, "OnQueryFinish", "ii", 0, playerid);mysql_function_query(Conecction, query, true, "OnQueryFinish", "ii", 0, playerid);
I presume this is an old version of the function mysql_query, you're using an old version of mysql, probably older than R40.

This function sends a query to the mysql server often to make changes in the database or retrieve some selective data.

Connection - this is the mysql connection hook.
query - The formatted string representing a query is probably stored in this, it will be received by the 'Connection' database server an executed (Remember, a mysql/sql query is a statement written in SQL Language hence it has a proper syntax, read about SQL for more understanding)

"OnQueryFinish" is a public function that will be executed when the query is executed and the results are received (if any).

"ii" - The data types of parameters of the function "OnQueryFinish" are enclosed in the quotation marks without spaces and for that, format specifiers are used without the '%' symbol. In this case the two parameters are integers so 'i' is used for each without space between then.

Then the following 0, and playerid are the values to be sent as the values of those 2 parameters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisthenics View Post
As YouShootIDodge said, you pass the datatype of the callback parameters.

0 is the `resultid`
playerid is the `extraid`

More specifiers:
SpecifierMeaning
d/iinteger number
sstring
ffloating point number

`SetTimerEx` uses the same method to pass arguments in timer callback.

Wow, thanks!! I had days browsing what it is. Thanksss
ItzPacman is offline   Reply With Quote