SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 05/09/2015, 03:42 PM   #11
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller

Default Re: Random Script Ideas (Community Collaboration)

I am currently doing Far Cry 4 and I know there's a hell of a lot more to do.
I'm close to the ending but I am postponing it in favor of all the side quests.

Crafting was the main idea here for a server. Pretty sure you can have quests as well, but those take a lot of time to script. Longer quests also need a lot of imagination from the side of the scripters.

No one said it would be hard to do, but making something that comes close to Far Cry 3 or 4 can be a challenge.

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me
"And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject." - me

HeLiOn_PrImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2015, 04:32 PM   #12
DarkLored
High-roller

I am currently working on a Battle Royale gamemode, I got the idea from a mod created for Arma III and H1Z1, it's always fun to recreate features from other games in samp.

Taking my time on focusing on Education and learning how to draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinExec View Post
I don't know shit, you're an expert, telling me what to do and how noobish I am, do you think I get you?

P.S.: I offer .ini scripting services.

- Quoted by not other than KevinExec, the "master" of PAWN language
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMTube™ View Post
don't act OP coz u will never be Op
Rest in Pieces iMTube™, you won't be missed coz you are Op
DarkLored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2015, 04:46 PM   #13
Crayder
Banned

You guys suck at collaborating. What's really funny is that the one thing I said not to do has already been done by Krest and Diabloa. I don't think either of them realize that fighting here is actually against rules (it's even one of the main things on the report post page).

Also some of you are going off topic... Think of this like the Useful Functions thread, people don't usually go off topic there.

On topic
Some things I've recently done: Physical globe (ball made of many balls attached to one node which ishandled by the physics include), rolling cube (not using physics include, the physics considered the cube a cube so it actually rolled on it's edges), two different random maze algorithms (one I didn't get to work again so I just got another), screen tracking (hard to explain, I got the idea from here), advanced vehicle command for admins (won't allow them to place a car in a space it wouldn't fit, like a wall that it would be stuck in, uses specific sizes for each vehicle), vehicle weapon blast range calculation (tough to explain, I may upload a video for this), and just so much more. I won't list all of my side projects all in one post! These are only a few, not listed in any special order, some of them are old and some are very recent.
Crayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2015, 05:55 PM   #14
Onfroi
Banned

Hopefully, some more competent people get on this thread, so it won't just be another big argument. I have a lot of ideas, just that I don't have the knowledge to do some of them or just don't have the time. One I've had for a while is a Slenderman minigame, with the actors system, this should be slightly easier than with NPCs or objects. I was gonna work on it, but honestly have no idea how to start, this would need a lot of math to set the actor close to the player and all that. If done correctly, this could be a pretty good minigame.

Another one is a pirate simulator, I'm honestly surprised something like this haven't been done before, I've heard some people mention a server out in the sea, but I don't think it was ever done. I got the idea from a game being developed called Blackwake, not sure how that game is planning to do things, but I personally think in SA-MP it should be something like this: you start out with a small sailboat (ID: 484). There should be missions or something that gets you points, when you get to X amount of points you can upgrade your boat, add canons, takes more time to sink, etc.. You could even add a rank system, and as you go up the ranks you can buy even better and bigger boats, and you could sell your old boat to other pirates. Lots of things could be added to a gamemode like this, most importantly a crew system, so you can make your own pirate crew and rule the seas together!
(EDIT: just remembered someone was working on something similar to this, from One Piece, too bad it never got done )

These are just two of the ideas I have, if someone wants me to go into more detail in any of them, just say so. If this thread goes well, I'll share some other stuff too, and maybe even script as well.
Onfroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2015, 10:20 PM   #15
Crayder
Banned

Question: Who would be interested in an entire server based on maze events?
Info:
  • Consists of randomly generated mazes.
  • May have different event modes: CTF, DM, TDM, Treasure Hunt, and other things (suggestions welcome).
  • Obstacles will be in the maze.
  • Traps: Pressure plates that trigger things, proximity bombs, hidden turrets, and other things (suggestions welcome).
  • And more, suggestions are welcome.

I personally think it'd be pretty interesting.
Old 06/09/2015, 10:26 PM   #16
PT
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder View Post
You guys suck at collaborating. What's really funny is that the one thing I said not to do has already been done by Krest and Diabloa. I don't think either of them realize that fighting here is actually against rules (it's even one of the main things on the report post page).

Also some of you are going off topic... Think of this like the Useful Functions thread, people don't usually go off topic there.

On topic
Some things I've recently done: Physical globe (ball made of many balls attached to one node which ishandled by the physics include), rolling cube (not using physics include, the physics considered the cube a cube so it actually rolled on it's edges), two different random maze algorithms (one I didn't get to work again so I just got another), screen tracking (hard to explain, I got the idea from here), advanced vehicle command for admins (won't allow them to place a car in a space it wouldn't fit, like a wall that it would be stuck in, uses specific sizes for each vehicle), vehicle weapon blast range calculation (tough to explain, I may upload a video for this), and just so much more. I won't list all of my side projects all in one post! These are only a few, not listed in any special order, some of them are old and some are very recent.
I really like that you said there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder View Post
Question: Who would be interested in an entire server based on maze events?
Info:
  • Consists of randomly generated mazes.
  • May have different event modes: CTF, DM, TDM, Treasure Hunt, and other things (suggestions welcome).
  • Obstacles will be in the maze.
  • Traps: Pressure plates that trigger things, proximity bombs, hidden turrets, and other things (suggestions welcome).
  • And more, suggestions are welcome.

I personally think it'd be pretty interesting.
Looks interesting but with time if you dont put new things start's be anoying.

-

An Idea:

Make an tools where you can work with Progress Bars ( progressbar2.inc ) and with textdraws.

Because at moment when i want work with that i need use 2 tools xD.
PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2015, 10:34 PM   #17
ChromeAmazing
Huge Clucker

Idea = Minecraft!
BOOM!
*drops the mic and walks back*

It'd be cool to see like a minecraft SA-MP server. It'd take tons of scripting and mapping though.
Old 06/09/2015, 11:21 PM   #18
Crayder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeAmazing View Post
Idea = Minecraft!
BOOM!
*drops the mic and walks back*

It'd be cool to see like a minecraft SA-MP server. It'd take tons of scripting and mapping though.
This task has been taken on MANY times in the past. The most successful one was Pasha's, you can still find it here somewhere (yes, code and all). A minecraft server requires very precise streaming. Perhaps even a plugin built for streaming the cubes correctly would be needed.

Picture a block of blocks, with dimensions of 10 cubed. That's 1000 objects just right there. If we had a plugin built for that we could just stream the blocks that would be on the outside of the block and not on the ground, that would be only 424 blocks, which is a lot less but still drastic. I say this should be a plugin because this would be very slow and un reliable in pawn.

However, since Pasha's server was made I thought the blocks he used was horrible. There weren't any better cubes at the time so we can't blame him. Now that I suggested perfect cubes and Matite took up the suggestion (added 19789-19791; 1^3, 5^3, and 10^3), this idea is much prettier.
Old 10/10/2015, 07:21 AM   #19
Crayder
Banned

Adventure, evolution, life, hunting, crafting, building, and much more in a forest...? There are over 50 thousand trees to chop down, 25 thousand rocks (some in caves, others are not) to mine assorted minerals from, and even lakes to resource water from. Hunt the many deer and herd the cattle. Scavenge meat, bones, and hides. Build many things from tools, weapons, assets, clothing, shelters, houses, to skyscrapers. Put together tribes, towns, and cities. Build your own empire. Defend a castle. Evolve into a medieval or modern world. Of course there will also be fishing, picking, jobs, trading, and everything in-between.

The idea is not new I know, but my way it will be a bit more unique.
Old 10/10/2015, 08:36 AM   #20
AIped
Gangsta

I feel like adding a small list of ideas here too.

I had a simple DM server running for a few months that was based on GTA 2
with sounds from that serie too like when you picked up a pistol you heard the Elvis sound 'PISTOL!'
and you got gametext too. There was a drive threw shop to rig your car with mines..oil or explosives.
Also added a mini mission ...a few npcs spawned with Elvis skin and you heard 'Elvis has left the building!'
then the player who got most elvis kills won some money.
Even tried a gta2 top 2d vieuw so you'd see everything from above but that didnt work out quite well.
you couldnt even hear the cars driving anymore because your camera was too 'far away'.
I closed the server eventually because returning players actually wanted something 'new' :S

Anyways...i think theres more to it for funny mini missions in a game..they are mostly pretty standart so besides an entire different gamemode ..new kind of mini missions and jobs could use a 'new look' too.

I believe survival games are hot these days and i also like the idea.
I tried mapping a huge part of Los Santos in the ocean so it looked like a big part was under water..then i made placed some boats and made sure that the vinewood sign was an island somehow.
Obviously i got bored of it and stopped.
I think dealing with npcs is more my thing..i had this crazy idea ( if possible with colandreas and FCNPC ) to just make a freeroam server but theres always 'something' happening like..terrorists are planning to plant a bomb somewhere...these could be npc's..picking something up ..put it in a van and drive it somewhere...or hold
an entire ship hostage or something..then you as a player could choose to help or stop them...so yea you could also be a crimminal or cop then.

Okay thats my crazy shit for now..hope you enjoyed

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=587634
AIped is offline   Reply With Quote