SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 11/03/2018, 12:05 AM   #1
Arithmetic
Big Clucker

Default Fortnite?

I've been having thoughts of making Fortnite on SA-MP. After the 0.3DL update, I could possibly make it work aswell.

Thing is, would people be interested in this at all? Or has SA-MP only gone downhill and it's no use?

Leave your opinions below. Thanks.
Old 11/03/2018, 12:09 AM   #2
AmarPlayer
Little Clucker

Default Re: Fortnite?

Of course, why not.
AmarPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2018, 03:56 AM   #3
StrikerZ
High-roller

The newly opened pubg servers. I don't see much players in them so
Old 11/03/2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Crystallize
Banned

If you manage to make it cool then yes otherwise if you don’t know how dont even try.
Crystallize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2018, 12:28 AM   #5
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
If you manage to make it cool then yes otherwise if you donít know how dont even try.
Such an on-the-fence statement.

So if anyone had said that to you when you were asking about starting a server, would the 'not knowing' have stopped you from learning?

This is literally, "If you know what you're doing, then yes, but if you don't then don't even bother"... We were all in this situation when we started, we were never 'all knowing'.

As for the OP, fact is that PUBG was a hype thing for a week or so, and apparently those servers are empty.

People try setting up servers, 'replicating' aspects of other games, but then people simply go play the actual game...

While it's cool to make systems to replicate portions of games for coding methods, they're not popular with players because of such reasons.

This is also something that has happened for a long time. When there was a top-down shooter that was popular, there was a copy of that made somewhere where you were 3rd person and commanding several NPCs.

Matter of fact I think it was X-COM or something that it was replicating.

Never ended up on a server, but was an interesting project.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2018, 02:31 AM   #6
justann

That will be cool, but it will surely depend on the features that you will be able to come up on.
Old 12/03/2018, 03:28 AM   #7
Crystallize
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
Such an on-the-fence statement.

So if anyone had said that to you when you were asking about starting a server, would the 'not knowing' have stopped you from learning?

This is literally, "If you know what you're doing, then yes, but if you don't then don't even bother"... We were all in this situation when we started, we were never 'all knowing'.

As for the OP, fact is that PUBG was a hype thing for a week or so, and apparently those servers are empty.

People try setting up servers, 'replicating' aspects of other games, but then people simply go play the actual game...

While it's cool to make systems to replicate portions of games for coding methods, they're not popular with players because of such reasons.

This is also something that has happened for a long time. When there was a top-down shooter that was popular, there was a copy of that made somewhere where you were 3rd person and commanding several NPCs.

Matter of fact I think it was X-COM or something that it was replicating.

Never ended up on a server, but was an interesting project.
Yeah letís open a random business company and waste time and resources there because why not maybe Iíll learn.

I donít want to join a server that has fortnite in hostname then login to see that there is just a basic weapon looting system lol.

LMAO you just made my day Sew_Sumi, thanks buddy!
Crystallize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2018, 06:54 AM   #8
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
Yeah letís open a random business company and waste time and resources there because why not maybe Iíll learn.

I donít want to join a server that has fortnite in hostname then login to see that there is just a basic weapon looting system lol.

LMAO you just made my day Sew_Sumi, thanks buddy!
I wouldn't give up my day job if I were you... You're not the best advocate for learning anything new with that stupid attitude.

So you were automatically 'good' at what you just started with... You must be a damn savant, or some child genius magically knowing what needs to be done in ANY situation....

Such a joke.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2018, 08:21 AM   #9
Zaito
Huge Clucker

I think it's not a very good idea.
Zaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2018, 08:56 AM   #10
wallen
Huge Clucker

If you want to waste time and energy you can try and maybe your fortinite server will get a good player base and populated. But don't expect things going how you want, there are much obstacles during your way. If you do this server just to make yourself famous or your server popular, dont, just start it because you want it and you like it.