SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

View Poll Results: Should the guide be made?
Yes 29 69.05%
No 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14/04/2018, 07:51 AM   #11
Splodyf23
Big Clucker
 
Splodyf23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 119
Reputation: 42
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

I personally use map construction and texture studio both together.. but I'd love to know more about TStudio so i can rely on that for the entirety of the map
__________________
And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject.-Almost everyone on my samp's "dying" thread.
Splodyf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 07:53 AM   #12
Uproar
Gangsta
 
Uproar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 555
Reputation: 128
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23 View Post
I personally use map construction and texture studio both together.. but I'd love to know more about TStudio so i can rely on that for the entirety of the map
That's good, texture has a lot more and is easier. Once you get a hang of it, you can completely rely on it, mark my words.
Also, you forgot to vote in the poll.
__________________
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Eoussama
High-roller
 
Eoussama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Kingdom of Morocco // Tangier
Posts: 1,272
Reputation: 252
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Whenever I decide to map, I use map construction, I've been meaning to try out texture studio for a long time now, but for me it's just as complex as a humongous IDE, I never got through working around it, and been meaning to find and follow some series of tutorial from the ground up.
__________________

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning


Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 11:11 AM   #14
Uproar
Gangsta
 
Uproar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 555
Reputation: 128
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoussama View Post
Whenever I decide to map, I use map construction, I've been meaning to try out texture studio for a long time now, but for me it's just as complex as a humongous IDE, I never got through working around it, and been meaning to find and follow some series of tutorial from the ground up.
Yup this will be helpful for you.
__________________
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 12:58 PM   #15
[Twixx]
High-roller
 
[Twixx]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,123
Reputation: 324
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
__________________
[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 01:29 PM   #16
Uproar
Gangsta
 
Uproar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 555
Reputation: 128
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
Firstly, you must not be knowing how to use texture studio properly so you consider it as a torture, which you are mistaken of.
And about my maps, I know they're not the best. Atleast sensible? And it's not me who is doing this alone, several mappers are coming together to make this.
__________________
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 01:56 PM   #17
Spydah
High-roller
 
Spydah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,491
Reputation: 743
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
Even if his mappings are shit, if he knows how texture studio works he can make a tutorial for it can't he. It's to explain how it works, not how to map. I can't even think about a mapping tutorial because it's all your own imagination, it can only give ideas how to make it but not how to make a proper mapping.
__________________

Sexy isn't she?
I don't like +REP askers.
Spydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 03:32 PM   #18
Konverse
High-roller
 
Konverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: CookieZone
Posts: 1,052
Reputation: 142
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Listen here young one, there are some mappers that might help other fellow mappers on how to map shit. Texture studio or not, as a previous mapper (which most of my work aren't published here tho). I learned how to map from playing most of the commands in texture studio.
__________________

SA-MP Player since 2007, officially forum registered in 2015
Konverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 04:03 PM   #19
Uproar
Gangsta
 
Uproar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: India
Posts: 555
Reputation: 128
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse View Post
Listen here young one, there are some mappers that might help other fellow mappers on how to map shit. Texture studio or not, as a previous mapper (which most of my work aren't published here tho). I learned how to map from playing most of the commands in texture studio.
So you support my idea of making a guide,yeah?
__________________
Uproar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 04:03 PM   #20
AdmiNi
Little Clucker
 
AdmiNi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Anonymous
Posts: 15
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

Yes You should make one
AdmiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Tutorial] Mappingmaniac's in-depth mapping guide *Create your own awesome maps!* EvenemE Tutorials 2 27/01/2016 03:19 PM
[Tutorial] Newbie guide - How to make own server FernandoLight Tutorials 13 25/05/2015 05:41 AM
[Complete Guide]How to make a SA-MP 0.3a Server + Port Forwarding star[xXx] Server Support 4 29/06/2013 05:39 AM
How do i make /guide c0ke Help Archive 1 20/12/2009 01:07 AM
[TUT/GUIDE] How to make a good server ad! (RP) Anarkien Server Support 6 10/09/2009 11:06 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.