SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

View Poll Results: Should the guide be made?
Yes 29 69.05%
No 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14/04/2018, 07:51 AM   #11
Splodyf23
Big Clucker

Default Re: Should I make a Mapping Guide?

I personally use map construction and texture studio both together.. but I'd love to know more about TStudio so i can rely on that for the entirety of the map
Old 14/04/2018, 07:53 AM   #12
Uproar
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodyf23 View Post
I personally use map construction and texture studio both together.. but I'd love to know more about TStudio so i can rely on that for the entirety of the map
That's good, texture has a lot more and is easier. Once you get a hang of it, you can completely rely on it, mark my words.
Also, you forgot to vote in the poll.
Old 14/04/2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Eoussama
High-roller

Whenever I decide to map, I use map construction, I've been meaning to try out texture studio for a long time now, but for me it's just as complex as a humongous IDE, I never got through working around it, and been meaning to find and follow some series of tutorial from the ground up.

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning

Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 11:11 AM   #14
Uproar
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoussama View Post
Whenever I decide to map, I use map construction, I've been meaning to try out texture studio for a long time now, but for me it's just as complex as a humongous IDE, I never got through working around it, and been meaning to find and follow some series of tutorial from the ground up.
Yup this will be helpful for you.
Old 14/04/2018, 12:58 PM   #15
[Twixx]
High-roller

I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
Old 14/04/2018, 01:29 PM   #16
Uproar
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
I don't know why people still torture themselves with texture studio or JernejL's map editor. Not knowing any better I guess. They're both slow and clunky, and make mapping a chore and painful experience. It's about time people start developing/using in-game map editors, ones that allow texturing on the go, cloning objects with textures and so on.

Also @Uproar, your maps aren't even that impressive, so I don't know why you'd want to make a mapping tutorial.
Firstly, you must not be knowing how to use texture studio properly so you consider it as a torture, which you are mistaken of.
And about my maps, I know they're not the best. Atleast sensible? And it's not me who is doing this alone, several mappers are coming together to make this.
Old 14/04/2018, 01:56 PM   #17
Spydah
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post

Even if his mappings are shit, if he knows how texture studio works he can make a tutorial for it can't he. It's to explain how it works, not how to map. I can't even think about a mapping tutorial because it's all your own imagination, it can only give ideas how to make it but not how to make a proper mapping.

Sexy isn't she?
I don't like +REP askers.
Spydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 03:32 PM   #18
Konverse
High-roller

Listen here young one, there are some mappers that might help other fellow mappers on how to map shit. Texture studio or not, as a previous mapper (which most of my work aren't published here tho). I learned how to map from playing most of the commands in texture studio.

SA-MP Player since 2007, officially forum registered in 2015
Konverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/04/2018, 04:03 PM   #19
Uproar
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse View Post
Listen here young one, there are some mappers that might help other fellow mappers on how to map shit. Texture studio or not, as a previous mapper (which most of my work aren't published here tho). I learned how to map from playing most of the commands in texture studio.
So you support my idea of making a guide,yeah?
Old 14/04/2018, 04:03 PM   #20
AdmiNi
Little Clucker

Yes You should make one
AdmiNi is offline   Reply With Quote