I create custom maps of any kind, more details on discord at UnuAlex#6567
Flashhiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/04/2018, 01:56 PM   #22
Dignity
High-roller

Default Re: Why is the sa-mp rp community reluctant to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by std View Post
Ah yes.. being a developer from a large server makes you knowledgable. That's a pretty shitty argument. Look at some of the bigger games - most of their developers are absolutely clueless.

Have you ever played CS-GO? Half of the updates pushed out there are absolutely retarded and bring no value to the table, or what players want.

I don't know whether Arthur Kane knows his stuff or not. This post isn't directed at him, rather at the argument you bring to the table.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/04/2018, 03:11 AM   #23
quellcrist
Little Clucker

No, a roleplay server's administration and management are accountable for the identity of a server, besides the location, they're based in. This means writing lore, rules, etc. There isn't much variance in sa-mp and some of these replies confirm my personal belief that sa-mp is honestly not the place to roleplay.

I have to disagree with the mentality, "This is what we were given." Even the series 'House of Cards' could inspire or motivate someone to base their server on the theme and spark something centered around politics. People rather, from what I've gathered, establish a medium where people can roleplay everything and anything.
quellcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/04/2018, 06:49 AM   #24
reemyrobby
Big Clucker

Not going to lie, the original poster makes a valid point to a certain extent.

The (English) SA-MP community is dominated by roleplay communities. This is proven by the number of roleplay servers that pop up on the Server Advertisements board, as well as how roleplay servers always, if not often, appear on the server browser. Another main issue is that, whenever someone creates a roleplay community, they build a concept that is extremely cliché.

The development team is not at fault, it is the community founders who still choose to create a server when it is already known and proven that it is a waste of time. The effort to build their respective foundations just because "they want to have their own community". Like, what is the point when it is only leading to the outcome of having cliché concepts? Such concept is what bores players who would prefer to join established servers that have more players.

However, there was a rare phenomenon of newly-established roleplay servers actually being successful for a while, particularly Bay Area Roleplay and New Generation Gaming. The fact that both communities consist of known personalities that came from their previous server contributed to its eventual trend.

There has to be a reason why roleplay communities still prefer SA-MP versus MTA:SA, wherein, despite an innovative client that offers almost unlimited possibilities specifically wanted in a roleplay server, there is currently only one roleplay server that continues to thrive for the last five years. The domination of the roleplay community here has become uncontrollable to the point where those with a unique setting are stuck to the ground. The only server that seems to be thriving with such concept is "Vampires, Werewolves And Humans Roleplay". If not the cliché concept, there are brand new servers with unique assets that deserved to have a stable playerbase, particularly Project Roleplay. Underground Roleplay, a game-changing roleplay server that brings Liberty City and Vice City to multiplayer, is also being established, though it is exclusive to a separate SA-MP-based multiplayer client that uses a different set of core files.

Don't get me wrong. I get bored of SA-MP and roleplay, too. But this is how I have seen the SA-MP roleplay community since I got here. The drama, memes, snaking out, toxicity, and almost everything.

Giga
Red County Roleplay Tester

Last edited by reemyrobby; 29/04/2018 at 11:14 AM.
reemyrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/04/2018, 03:53 PM   #25
Konverse
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reemyrobby View Post
Not going to lie, the original poster makes a valid point to a certain extent.

The (English) SA-MP community is dominated by roleplay communities. This is proven by the number of roleplay servers that pop up on the Server Advertisements board, as well as how roleplay servers always, if not often, appear on the server browser. Another main issue is that, whenever someone creates a roleplay community, they build a concept that is extremely cliché.

The development team is not at fault, it is the community founders who still choose to create a server when it is already known and proven that it is a waste of time. The effort to build their respective foundations just because "they want to have their own community". Like, what is the point when it is only leading to the outcome of having cliché concepts? Such concept is what bores players who would prefer to join established servers that have more players.

However, there was a rare phenomenon of newly-established roleplay servers actually being successful for a while, particularly Bay Area Roleplay and New Generation Gaming. The fact that both communities consist of known personalities that came from their previous server contributed to its eventual trend.

There has to be a reason why roleplay communities still prefer SA-MP versus MTA:SA, wherein, despite an innovative client that offers almost unlimited possibilities specifically wanted in a roleplay server, there is currently only one roleplay server that continues to thrive for the last five years. The domination of the roleplay community here has become uncontrollable to the point where those with a unique setting are stuck to the ground. The only server that seems to be thriving with such concept is "Vampires, Werewolves And Humans Roleplay". If not the cliché concept, there are brand new servers with unique assets that deserved to have a stable playerbase, particularly Project Roleplay. Underground Roleplay, a game-changing roleplay server that brings Liberty City and Vice City to multiplayer, is also being established, though it is exclusive to a separate SA-MP-based multiplayer client that uses a different set of core files.

Don't get me wrong. I get bored of SA-MP and roleplay, too. But this is how I have seen the SA-MP roleplay community since I got here. The drama, memes, snaking out, toxicity, and almost everything.
Everything you said is actually valid. There's no such thing as a perfect community. Even if you manage to create one, it'll turn out to be boring and bland.

SA-MP Player since 2007, officially forum registered in 2015
Konverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/04/2018, 02:46 PM   #26
Gforcez
High-roller

Be creative and don't blindly rip of every other server ever. Do something unique with the posibilities that SA:MP gives you. Isn't a server (especially a RP styled server) just a toolbox for players to have fun and play the game they want to play? If they want to hardcore roleplay and can see through the limits that San Andreas offers, let them.. And if other players want a more structured server with set objectives or goals to achieve, there are plenty of those.. As a developer you can't 'force' people to play (or RP) a certain way, you just supply them the toolbox of features that they want to have fun with.

Gforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/04/2018, 10:34 PM   #27
Shplinx
Little Clucker

One of the reasons that people don't want to try new things is that when things change, I would argue a lot of people actually hate the change. That's why a lot of these servers recently boasting "custom scripts" don't do well. People are much more comfortable sticking to what they know.

Major example I have is a server called Wild West Roleplay. The server was based in the 1860s and was a VERY unique server. It had custom mapping and even custom objects/textures before DL came out. They had a horse system with actual horses. The server shut down in one month.

There are the few people who say "oh custom script pls" but for those who want a successful server, a custom script is rarely viable.
Shplinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2018, 11:03 AM   #28
JesterlJoker
Huge Clucker

2 post, I don't think he has any deserving right to say such things although if his post is thoroughly understood. Yes it is boring because you have not joined better RP servers yet and yes it is stagnant because change would challenge what is normal already and new things are aliens that has no merit yet in which most servers would surely wallow down their imagination just to keep their server there. If I'm speaking only to the general server owners, "General" in the term of running a server from base scripts and fixing it and updating it(with nothing really matters)

There are so many RP servers out there that are just the same because they just used released scripts. For me released scripts are basis of learning not basis of using as your own. Creating your own server and adding up your own spices is not present in the current SA-MP community now a days.

Although Imaginative minds are still alive such as the creators of the original County Roleplay, the new TDM bed wars was it? etc etc.

But basically RP would, should and utterly boring really. Why? Because RP is just playing a Role, and the Role being Played in SA-MP is mostly real life. People doesn't understand what RP really is in its own. RP can be deathmatch you are A soldier and the Other Role is a terrorist. RP just Deathmatch. Some is a Robber and the other is Cop. RP but Cops and Robbers, see my point. RP is not just really Real Life, its everything that has a role in it.

Get the point? It's not people are not imaginative enough, people are just scared to invent something new which might not work in the first place. Server Owners in the past, the pioneers of each servers invented new things to make people have fun in SA-MP they don't have fear because they started it, they pioneered and it was the beginning but nowadays people are afraid to challenge big names because they know they'll get trampled, well with that mindset they would be.

Now the developers are also making things easier for us. Models are now downloadable, SA-MP creators are stabilizing everything from fixes, to patches to more. It's already really a matter of imagination but people fear to lose, losing is a painful thing in which why people avoiding it does not grow. That's why SA-MP is not growing because its Community has remained stagnant not the servers, but its people itself, not including those people who does their best to keep the Community fresh everyday.

JesterlJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2018, 01:39 AM   #29
Sneakerhead
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shplinx View Post
One of the reasons that people don't want to try new things is that when things change, I would argue a lot of people actually hate the change. That's why a lot of these servers recently boasting "custom scripts" don't do well. People are much more comfortable sticking to what they know.

Major example I have is a server called Wild West Roleplay. The server was based in the 1860s and was a VERY unique server. It had custom mapping and even custom objects/textures before DL came out. They had a horse system with actual horses. The server shut down in one month.

There are the few people who say "oh custom script pls" but for those who want a successful server, a custom script is rarely viable.
Wild West didn’t lose the chance of success due to the script being unique. It was mainly because of the decisions that were made that caused the playerbase to drop dramatically. A custom script is always viable in creating a successful server, makes the server stand out from others that have been launched. It’s usually the community that causes a servers chance of success to be lost.
Sneakerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2018, 02:29 PM   #30
Calgon
Godfather

If you want things to change, then push for change in those communities. People always go on and on about how bored they are of the same old but they never do anything to try change it. 90% of the time a developer of a server tries to experiment nobody pays any attention to it, even if they're doing everything right in terms of promotion etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by std View Post
oh sorry.
I agree with Arthur, but you're pretty naive if you think being a developer of a community which has not even opened properly makes you any more qualified to speak about roleplay than others.
Calgon is offline   Reply With Quote